Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I honestly believe that part of the appeal of Jabba at HHN is that it serves as a break from the horror atmosphere. As weird as it sounds, a lot of the general public going to the event don't love being scared so they'd jump at the chance to do something that they know is safe.

There's also the idea that most of the general public don't notice or flat out don't care that the show isn't "horror" enough. They go in expecting a modern dance show, and that's what they get. As much as I would love a dark, vaudevillian variety show, that would be such a hard sell to the general public.
I think you’re on to something there. You’d be amazed at how many people I know that go to HHN (or as they would call it, “Hollywood Fright Nights” or the “Fright Fest at Universal”) and will only do rides and do one maze. That makes zero sense to me, but there are many people that go who feel obligated to go to a scary event but want a break from the “freaky stuff”. They make up a good chunk of people.

I know several people who went in a group of like ten people last year. They did early entry and did Mummy first, Transformers, went through Holidayz, then Purge. They wanted to do ST, but after their two rides, they were like, “Nah, line’s too long.” Then they did Simpsons and Tram and then left because it was “too freaky” for them. I was hardcore judging them for only doing the worst mazes.

So yeah, you’d be surprised how many people go that are apathetic or don’t even like horror!

Last edited:
I think you’re on to something there. You’d be amazed at how many people I know that go to HHN (or as they would call it, “Hollywood Fright Nights” or the “Fright Fest at Universal”) and will only do rides and do one maze. That makes zero sense to me, but there are many people that go who feel obligated to go to a scary event but want a break from the “freaky stuff”. They make up a good chunk of people.

I know several people who went in a group of like ten people last year. They did early entry and did Mummy first, Transformers, went through Holidayz, then Purge. They wanted to do ST, but after their two rides, they were like, “Nah, like’s too long.” Then they did Simpsons and Tram and then left because it was “too freaky” for them. I was hardcore judging them for only doing the worst mazes.

So yeah, you’d be surprised how many people go that are apathetic or don’t even like horror!
These are the same people who refer to the Wizarding World stuff as just "Harry Potter World" and have no clue that it's part of a massive theme park (Hollywood or Orlando). They think it's like, a theme park unto itself. Living in Los Angeles, I've had people who call/email and are like, "We're visiting LA and we wanna go to Harry Potter world, but it keeps saying Universal Studios, how do we get tickets to Harry Potter world???" And it's like, seriously??????

These are the same people who refer to the Wizarding World stuff as just "Harry Potter World" and have no clue that it's part of a massive theme park (Hollywood or Orlando). They think it's like, a theme park unto itself. Living in Los Angeles, I've had people who call/email and are like, "We're visiting LA and we wanna go to Harry Potter world, but it keeps saying Universal Studios, how do we get tickets to Harry Potter world???" And it's like, seriously??????
Some of these same people I know think that Harry Potter is at Disney World. Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh

I've said this before, but I think it'd be a super fun idea for them to just revise the Special Effects show somehow. They already have that middle section with the gore demonstrations, they could elaborate on that. Plus, there's the bit where the audience member stands next to the Michael Meyers mannequin that turns out to be real. Just take it a step further: replace the audience member with an actor playing an "audience member" who accidentally gets killed, or something. They could construct an entire narrative around someone stalking the hosts and turn it into like an Agatha Christie-esque stage thriller....
What about a Hollywood Harry themed show? It could similar to Jacks carnival of carnage in Orlando :eek:O:.

Last edited:
What about a Hollywood Harry themed show? It could similar to Jacks carnival of carnage in Orlando :eek:O:
That would be pretty entertaining to see, could be essentially a cross between Carnival of Carnage and HR Bloodengutz where the guests have been taken in as a captive audience to a special live filming of Koodles' Karnival, with Hollywood Harry torturing and murdering the executives that cancelled his show, as well as any other tour guides or security guards that may have unfortunately wandered into his territory.

That would be pretty entertaining to see, could be essentially a cross between Carnival of Carnage and HR Bloodengutz where the guests have been taken in as a captive audience to a special live filming of Koodles' Karnival, with Hollywood Harry torturing and murdering the executives that cancelled his show, as well as any other tour guides or security guards that may have unfortunately wandered into his territory.
See... NOW you guys are speaking my language. THIS is what a HHN show should be.

OMG! It drives me INSANE whenever someone refers to a land (Potter, Pandora, Nintendo, Star Wars) as a "theme park!" :thud:

Kind of thinking about it why DOESNT USH have the cajones to do a Carnival of Carnage esque show with Hollywood Harry. An easy portable set up in the Universal Plaza after this year (if rumors serve correct about Parisan being on the chopping block) would be awesome.

Honestly, it'd be kind-of perfect for the Hollywood park, especially in that it'd give an edge over Jabba and allow them to have a variety of entertainment for the park.

One, being a way for people to step out of the horror elements; and see a dance crew that's world renowned and then the other being stage magic themed towards the event.

Kind of thinking about it why DOESNT USH have the cajones to do a Carnival of Carnage esque show with Hollywood Harry. An easy portable set up in the Universal Plaza after this year (if rumors serve correct about Parisan being on the chopping block) would be awesome.
Worst part is they've done stuff sorta similar with Slaughterworld, albeit much more comedic. But yeah, having it as a full show in the special effects or animal actors stage, or even just small vignettes in a Hollywood Harry scarezone like the Icons scarezone back in 25 would be awesome to see.

Worst part is they've done stuff sorta similar with Slaughterworld, albeit much more comedic. But yeah, having it as a full show in the special effects or animal actors stage, or even just small vignettes in a Hollywood Harry scarezone like the Icons scarezone back in 25 would be awesome to see.

If we do end up losing Parisian Plaza in the coming years they could very well have a large outdoor stage show (similar to The Hanging) in Universal Plaza.