Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I do not believe they are moving early entry any earlier than 6, but more mazes will open earlier (and ones opening early-ish will open earlier-earlier). We'll see how it shakes out tonight.

I'm pretty certain Scaremony is toast. It didn't happen last night.

I do not believe they are moving early entry any earlier than 6, but more mazes will open earlier (and ones opening early-ish will open earlier-earlier). We'll see how it shakes out tonight.

I'm pretty certain Scaremony is toast. It didn't happen last night.
Yep, especially if the upper lot is opening even earlier scaremony is dead.

Sorry for the double post, but this new schedule is nuts. ST and GB were open by 5:30, FMTW is opening 6:05, and creepshow is opening 6:15, seems like most things are opening super early, and crowds seem to be light tonight. (UPDATE: Klowns opens at 6:30)

Last edited:
I’m heading to the event again with my sister who’s 14 and says she’s ready and I believe her. I just Hope scare actors don’t pull punches for the youths I dunno

I’m heading to the event again with my sister who’s 14 and says she’s ready and I believe her. I just Hope scare actors don’t pull punches for the youths I dunno
From what I've seen, most of them will go full force towards anyone they see as a potential victim, so I wouldn't worry about them pulling punches.

Does anyone know how they are getting actors for the Bride of Frankenstein and the blown up kid in 4th of July? How is it possible to cast someone for those roles?

Does anyone know how they are getting actors for the Bride of Frankenstein and the blown up kid in 4th of July? How is it possible to cast someone for those roles?

It’s an effect where whatever parts of them that are moving are above ground while the non moving parts are below the fake body on the table. Basically the actor is just sticking their head, etc. out of a well placed hole.

They’ll just cast normal people for it. The set pieces that they’re on (lab table or firework boxes) hide their actual bodies/legs so the bride will look blown up and the firework kid will look like he doesn’t have any legs
Edit: Chase beat me to it

Thursday night there were 2 kids (by kids I mean they were probably 19 0r 20) in front of us at Stranger Things. They would rush the scare actors and pulled on the props. They pulled really hard on one of the demidogs. I was surprised the maze workers in the black robes didn't do anything. But as we exited there were about 5 security people waiting for them. They pulled them aside at which I hoped they would be kicked out of the event but then I saw them a few hours later. I know universal must deal with clowns like this all the time, but I thought they would be stricter on people and give them the boot.

Thursday night there were 2 kids (by kids I mean they were probably 19 0r 20) in front of us at Stranger Things. They would rush the scare actors and pulled on the props. They pulled really hard on one of the demidogs. I was surprised the maze workers in the black robes didn't do anything. But as we exited there were about 5 security people waiting for them. They pulled them aside at which I hoped they would be kicked out of the event but then I saw them a few hours later. I know universal must deal with clowns like this all the time, but I thought they would be stricter on people and give them the boot.

Yeah unless there’s physical assault of an employee (in which case it’s the employee’s decision to have them kicked out/arrested) they literally just say “Hey stop that” it’s a big problem at every haunt. Companies would rather not have to deal with angry a-holes that get kicked out so they don’t even bother

Yeah unless there’s physical assault of an employee (in which case it’s the employee’s decision to have them kicked out/arrested) they literally just say “Hey stop that” it’s a big problem at every haunt. Companies would rather not have to deal with angry a-holes that get kicked out so they don’t even bother
Yup. Uni will just slap their obnoxious guests on the wrist but will fire an employee at the drop of a hat over something that was likely unintentional. (Looking at the Gru situation)

Yup. Uni will just slap their obnoxious guests on the wrist but will fire an employee at the drop of a hat over something that was likely unintentional. (Looking at the Gru situation)
Forgive me for being uninformed, but what is the Gru situation?

But yes, security does give a fair amount of warning to guest before they give the boot.

So AFAIK...

Stranger Things/Ghostbusters open at 5:30
Frankenstein Meets Wolfman opens at 6:05-6:10
Creepshow/House of 1000 Corpses open at 6:15
Holidayz/Killer Klowns open at 6:30

The two I'm unclear on are Pandora/Us.

We're also finally back to 2am closes, every night, through November.

So AFAIK...

Stranger Things/Ghostbusters open at 5:30
Frankenstein Meets Wolfman opens at 6:05-6:10
Creepshow/House of 1000 Corpses open at 6:15
Holidayz/Killer Klowns open at 6:30

The two I'm unclear on are Pandora/Us.

We're also finally back to 2am closes, every night, through November.
Interesting! Guess we’ll find out other two on Thursday.