Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

So AFAIK...

Stranger Things/Ghostbusters open at 5:30
Frankenstein Meets Wolfman opens at 6:05-6:10
Creepshow/House of 1000 Corpses open at 6:15
Holidayz/Killer Klowns open at 6:30

The two I'm unclear on are Pandora/Us.

We're also finally back to 2am closes, every night, through November.

I hope they update the website.. It still shows 1:00 AM closes on the November nights..

I hope they update the website.. It still shows 1:00 AM closes on the November nights..

That should still be accurate. It's 2am closes until we hit November (that Friday-Sun), unless they get greater than expected crowds... but they really only tend to extend if the park is at or near selling out.

So AFAIK...

Stranger Things/Ghostbusters open at 5:30
Frankenstein Meets Wolfman opens at 6:05-6:10
Creepshow/House of 1000 Corpses open at 6:15
Holidayz/Killer Klowns open at 6:30

The two I'm unclear on are Pandora/Us.

We're also finally back to 2am closes, every night, through November.

I heard that Us was opening at 6pm, with Pandora's at 6:15

I heard that Us was opening at 6pm, with Pandora's at 6:15

That sounds correct.

My thinking is the strategy should be Stranger Things, Us, Pandora, Holidayz, Corpses, eat whatever line Klowns has developed... and then use your best judgment on the Metro mazes. By 12:30am, these guys empty out. You could knock out all three in 20 minutes on previous 2am closes.

That sounds correct.

My thinking is the strategy should be Stranger Things, Us, Pandora, Holidayz, Corpses, eat whatever line Klowns has developed... and then use your best judgment on the Metro mazes. By 12:30am, these guys empty out. You could knock out all three in 20 minutes on previous 2am closes.
Personally so far unless you're staying until closing my strategy has pretty much been based on whether or not you are interested in Stranger things, if you are, do stranger things asap, clear out the metro sets, you should be able to get to klowns by 6:30 with only a 20 minute line or so, then go up and do Pandora/Us, Holidayz, and HoTC. If you aren't interested in ST, do Us and Pandora first, and do your best to make it to Klowns not long after it opens, then do the metro sets, and if ST is short enough, do it, if not, do Holidayz and HoTC, either way seems to get pretty much everything done by 10 or 11.

Can anyone who's gone recently confirm or dent that the Nathan scare with him holding the head cake in Creepshow has been permanently changed? I went through twice the first weekend and both times the scareactor popped out holding the cake. I've seen many videos taken more recently that show the scareactor popping out on their own while the cake sits on the counter. Was that a legit change or just scareactor preference? It was a great gag but I understand it must be difficult triggering the scare, opening the door, running out, and running back in when both of your hands are occupied.

Can anyone who's gone recently confirm or dent that the Nathan scare with him holding the head cake in Creepshow has been permanently changed? I went through twice the first weekend and both times the scareactor popped out holding the cake. I've seen many videos taken more recently that show the scareactor popping out on their own while the cake sits on the counter. Was that a legit change or just scareactor preference? It was a great gag but I understand it must be difficult triggering the scare, opening the door, running out, and running back in when both of your hands are occupied.
When I went on Saturday both run throughs I did that actor wasn’t holding the cake

They may be having operational difficulties with that scare for the exact reasons mentioned above (only so many hands). It's possible they'll adjust the doorway to just be a sheet curtain so the actor can hold the cake again.

Yeah it's been that way for a few weeks now, it's probably to provide the actor better cover for the scare, since previously the door just stayed open and you could see the candles of the cake inside the room, so it probably wasn't easy to get many scares. Pretty unfortunate though since it's such an iconic scene.

Yeah it's been that way for a few weeks now, it's probably to provide the actor better cover for the scare, since previously the door just stayed open and you could see the candles of the cake inside the room, so it probably wasn't easy to get many scares. Pretty unfortunate though since it's such an iconic scene.
Even though the cake is sitting in the counter, the scare is not scary at all as both times I went through, the door was already open and he stands right next to it when scaring us. He doesn’t come close and it is very obvious that a scare is going to come as the door is already open. It’s not scary but indeed very iconic.

Even though the cake is sitting in the counter, the scare is not scary at all as both times I went through, the door was already open and he stands right next to it when scaring us. He doesn’t come close and it is very obvious that a scare is going to come as the door is already open. It’s not scary but indeed very iconic.
Really, that's weird? I know a few of the people in their and they usually lunge out pretty far and use up a good part of that hallway.

Thanks for getting back to me, everyone! I agree that the scare wasn't very scary because of how predictable it was, but it's such an iconic moment in the movie. It'd be a shame if they don't end up finding a way to fix it.

If it was in the budget to have more than one actor in that room for the scare, as well as the physical space for the actors, I would've had two blackout actors, one on each side, hiding behind both doors and simultaneously open them and have the actor playing Zombie Nathan burst out with the cake, as the sound & lighting effects accompany the actor's scare. That, IMO, would've helped with having 1 door open and making the cake-head prop visible in the dark, as well as preventing the Nathan actor from potentially dropping/breaking it on accident.

Last edited:
Just got back. Went in around 4 to do FJ and DreamWorks, then went back out and came in at 5:15 to do early entry. I did ST, GB, FMTWM, Creepshow, Klowns, Pandora, Us, Corpses, and Holidayz In that order. Got done with everything by 8:45. Did JW and Transformers and by the time I hit those up, everything was over 30min minimum. Glad they fixed early entry. Few observations....

This was my third night going and my first night I’ve gone since opening weekend. The mask-less look for Red in Us looks MUCH better. Makes me wonder why they didn’t go with that in the first place. Also I liked the additions of the characters at the beginning of ST. It doesn’t feel so dead now.

For whatever reason, the guests were fairly obnoxious this evening. Lots of scaredy cats, “tough guys”, and world class “comedians” were prevalent tonight. Witch brings me to my last observation.

My run throughs on everything weren’t great, except for Us, Creep, and Pandora. I got a HORRIBLE run through of GB, when the house was empty mind you, because this couple in front of me was moving slow, I mean SLOW. Like .02mph. There was nobody in front of them for miles. They got every single scare. They were too scared to move forward and stopped the line. When I tried to pass them, they spread out, one put his hand in his gf’s backpack to make sure I didn’t pass them. Ugggghhh I’m still salty just thinking about it. FMTWM got conga’d like crazy, ST had an annoying guy trying to karate chop all of the creatures, and Pandora, while I got a descent run through, had so many scaredy cats stopping the line refusing to move.

I will say the cast for Demons was AMAZING tonight. Wow!

So...

This is sortof off topic BUT; Figure’s monsters 10 does have Holidayz in a way.

Some of the tracks are from Holidayz but lyrics are swapped??
So confused rn cause I thought music was specifically for the maze.

I think Murdy wrote the lyrics or something and Figure set the music. At least, I believe that's the arrangement.

On another off-topic, Zombieland 2 just premiered and yeah, it's got some really good maze potential to it. I enjoyed it.

So...

This is sortof off topic BUT; Figure’s monsters 10 is mostly Holidayz In Hell; it has the same beats but the lyrics are different on Monsters 10.

So confused rn cause I thought music was specifically for the maze like how Slash did with UCM.

So for more specification;

All the songs from Monsters 10 in Holidayz in hell

The crooked man: Easter bunny:

Necromancy: 4th of july

Dinner with demons: Thanksgiving

Candyman: Thanksgiving

The hearse song: Christmas in hell SZ

Might of missed some but yea

Last edited:
Just got back. Went in around 4 to do FJ and DreamWorks, then went back out and came in at 5:15 to do early entry. I did ST, GB, FMTWM, Creepshow, Klowns, Pandora, Us, Corpses, and Holidayz In that order. Got done with everything by 8:45. Did JW and Transformers and by the time I hit those up, everything was over 30min minimum. Glad they fixed early entry. Few observations....

This was my third night going and my first night I’ve gone since opening weekend. The mask-less look for Red in Us looks MUCH better. Makes me wonder why they didn’t go with that in the first place. Also I liked the additions of the characters at the beginning of ST. It doesn’t feel so dead now.

For whatever reason, the guests were fairly obnoxious this evening. Lots of scaredy cats, “tough guys”, and world class “comedians” were prevalent tonight. Witch brings me to my last observation.

My run throughs on everything weren’t great, except for Us, Creep, and Pandora. I got a HORRIBLE run through of GB, when the house was empty mind you, because this couple in front of me was moving slow, I mean SLOW. Like .02mph. There was nobody in front of them for miles. They got every single scare. They were too scared to move forward and stopped the line. When I tried to pass them, they spread out, one put his hand in his gf’s backpack to make sure I didn’t pass them. Ugggghhh I’m still salty just thinking about it. FMTWM got conga’d like crazy, ST had an annoying guy trying to karate chop all of the creatures, and Pandora, while I got a descent run through, had so many scaredy cats stopping the line refusing to move.

I will say the cast for Demons was AMAZING tonight. Wow!
I did same. Starting with ST. Tonight was not too busy. I had some good runs in most mazes. Franky and Wolfie was really good today. I am putting my list together and hopefully post a review soon. Glad early entry is fixed.

I think Murdy wrote the lyrics or something and Figure set the music. At least, I believe that's the arrangement.

On another off-topic, Zombieland 2 just premiered and yeah, it's got some really good maze potential to it. I enjoyed it.

God, I hope not. The scare zone has been a complete dud for a lot of people, myself included.