Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

God, I hope not. The scare zone has been a complete dud for a lot of people, myself included.

I'd say as far as the movie itself goes, there's a lot of fun physical comedy, environments and gore effects that weren't very well-represented in the zone. Things get fun and claustrophobic in the movie, and there's a really great close-quarter fight scene that'd be amazing to see live, in a maze.

I'd say as far as the movie itself goes, there's a lot of fun physical comedy, environments and gore effects that weren't very well-represented in the zone. Things get fun and claustrophobic in the movie, and there's a really great close-quarter fight scene that'd be amazing to see live, in a maze.

I've yet to see the movie so I'll take your word for it.

Personally, and I know quite a few others echo these thoughts, I'm over zombies.

Finally going this weekend and I can't wait!

Saturday night early entry with an FFP so not going to be too worried if we don't hit anything because we'll be back Sunday, as well. That said,we still want to do as much as possible. General plan is to approach like this: ST, Metro sets, Klownz, then up to Us/Pandora, Holidyaz then HOTC.

I think we should be set just depending on how crazy it is by the time we get to Klownz. If it's like, 40 minutes or more, might miss a couple at the end. Would probably skip Pandora for Holidayz, in that case, and just hit it Sunday. Saving second runs for Sunday, too.

It was an interesting night last night. Crowds began much lower than usual, likely due to the fires. Air quality was fine around 5pm, but got progressively worse throughout the night. I felt bad for the team members that had to be outside all night, I saw no masks, and many were covering the mouth and nose with their sleeves.

Was trying to take advantage of the 5:30 early entry for the backlot. Walked into the tunnel and was stopped, without any explanation, until 6:05. Which really screwed up our plans to be out of the backlot with all mazes complete by 6:10. Not one team member came by to check, apologize, or explain what was happening. It was very frustrating. I was told on twitter that some cars/vehicles had to be moved out of the way, but that did not come from the official account, I think just from some kindly team members on their own time/accounts.

We did complain to Guest Relations, where they did give us a FOL pass for the maze of our choice, which was nice. We used it on Holidayz, where we happened to catch a major cast change, and maybe 1/3 of the usuals weren't there. Figures, haha. We left around 9:30 because the smoke was getting pretty bad by then.

Do you guys know while being a scare actor if you are allowed to take a day off and go do HHN to experience everything for yourself? Asking for a friend.

It would be cool to seen Alien or Aliens for HHN. Unfortunately, Disney owns the Alien franchise and as we all know, they're very protective of its properties and don't have any adult-oriented Halloween event.

Do you guys know while being a scare actor if you are allowed to take a day off and go do HHN to experience everything for yourself? Asking for a friend.
Scare actors can sometimes request days off, but there's a lot of factors that affect whether or not they can. It's probably significantly more difficult to get a day off for something like that than it would be for being sick or something like that.

Is anyone disappointed at the Stranger Things maze this year? The whole maze is really poor and underwhelmed compare to Orlando. Like 30 seconds of S3 (no star court mall and the like) and barely any main characters. What's going on?