Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I will say this about AHS Cult. Since it's not going into the Gaunlet like everyone assumed. It's going somewhere else. I kinda see it in the Tunnel. For some reason I just do.

And as for Halloween I don't see it in Waterworld. I see it in a New Location.

I think that the Original would've gone into Soundstage 29 the originally planned one but then Stranger Things got moved into Soundstage 29 so that this film could happen in Waterworld. And that everything else is the same as before.

Wait, just to verify and understand: by original we're talking about Universal monsters. And if Halloween does go into a new location, we're not gonna be using another maze location from previous years?

Wait, just to verify and understand: by original we're talking about Universal monsters. And if Halloween does go into a new location, we're not gonna be using another maze location from previous years?
Universal Monsters is a kinda original. Not a full on one. That's what seems to be implied by Murdy. What I'm saying is that there seems to have been a extra original Maze (Not Universal Monsters) that was scrapped for a film to happen in Waterworld and they moved Stranger Things to Soundstage 29. Again just my prediction/speculation.

Universal Monsters is a kinda original. Not a full on one. That's what seems to be implied by Murdy. What I'm saying is that there seems to have been a extra original Maze (Not Universal Monsters) that was scrapped for a film to happen in Waterworld and they moved Stranger Things to Soundstage 29. Again just my prediction/speculation.

Ahhh I see! I always thought that it was either Universal monsters or The Thing that took the place of The Conjuring (in the sense that because they didn't obtain the rights, from what was implied on here back in January, they could use a Universal property to fill that gap).

What the heck people!? I’m gone for a couple of days and the thread BLOWS UP. Slow down people, it’s not a posting contest.

Anyway, Stranger Things is going in SS 29....that’s AMAZING news! I thought for sure we’d be done with sound stage houses after losing 747. Glad to see they’re giving this the proper treatment. I hope they don’t eat the budget up from buying up the sound stage. That also tells us that Halloweenis going in WaterWorld.

Holidays of Horror scarezone sounds like it should be fun.

That also tells us that Halloweenis going in WaterWorld.
I'm gonna point something out real quick.

This tells us this is that there was mean't to be the Original lineup and a Extra Original Maze that was not listed on the Leaked list that most likely would've gone into Soundstage 29.

However....

This original got scrapped and for some reason they moved Stranger Things into the Soundstage where the Original is supposed to be (Or would've been).

So IMO it sounds like the lineup is the same properties except there is a Movie/Film (Or Films) that is in Waterworld that pushed Stranger Things out of Waterworld.

Last edited:
I'm gonna point something out real quick.

This tells us this is that there was mean't to be the Original lineup and a Extra Original Maze that was not listed on the Leaked list that most likely would've gone into Soundstage 29.

However....

This original got scrapped and for some reason they moved Stranger Things into the Soundstage where the Original is supposed to be (Or would've been).

So IMO it sounds like the lineup is the same properties except there is a Movie/Film (Or Films) that is in Waterworld that pushed Stranger Things out of Waterworld.

Don't know if I'm looking into Manic/Murdy's posts too much but I feel as if we'll get 9 mazes including TWD. It was never specified that we'd only be getting one new location as it was said by Murdy that we'd be getting one only because we're losing an already established location (JP QUEUE). Who's to say we might not be getting another new location and according to the leaks, Halloween would still be in a new location. Like Manics said, Stranger Things was moved out of Waterworld due to the original being dropped which is by all means a smart decision. This leaves a giant void within Waterworld, we once again don't know what Waterworld is or could be for the time being.

Don't know if I'm looking into Manic/Murdy's posts too much but I feel as if we'll get 9 mazes including TWD. It was never specified that we'd only be getting one new location as it was said by Murdy that we'd be getting one only because we're losing an already established location (JP QUEUE). Who's to say we might not be getting another new location and according to the leaks, Halloween would still be in a new location. Like Manics said, Stranger Things was moved out of Waterworld due to the original being dropped which is by all means a smart decision. This leaves a giant void within Waterworld, we once again don't know what Waterworld is or could be for the time being.
Ugh I really hope not. That means the event is going to be spread REALLY thin. I'd rather see seven good houses than eight with black walls and reused props everywhere (I'm excluding TWD). He needs to slow down. EIGHT IS PLENTY.

657ADA1C-1885-4395-9C0E-0CE129527064.jpeg
Waterworld? *sigh*

If we got 9 mazes including Walking Dead I really don’t know how they could outdo this year. Personally I think Blumhouse’s Halloween is gonna go in WW since SS29 is technically a new location.

Edit - If Halloween were to go into a new location couldn’t it be redesigned to fit into WW now that that’s an open venue?

Ugh I really hope not. That means the event is going to be spread REALLY thin. I'd rather see seven good houses than eight with black walls and reused props everywhere (I'm excluding TWD). He needs to slow down. EIGHT IS PLENTY.
I think they can handle 9 houses. If something demanding (in terms of props,costumes,puppets,ect) like Stranger Things can be placed into a rather large area like Soundstage 29 then they can most likely manage 9 mazes.

The way I can see it make sense, is if they are doing a major update to the budget of seasonal offerings.

I have had that feeling since the past two weeks, but now, I am starting to believe it more in a certain way.

The way I can see it make sense, is if they are doing a major update to the budget of seasonal offerings.

I have had that feeling since the past two weeks, but now, I am starting to believe it more in a certain way.

I could of sworn earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the budget got a HUGE upgrade now that they’ve made up for the overbudgetting incident of 2016.

I am going to be blunt, I have never heard anyone say that.

And that 2017, was a wonky year.

Oh; I could’ve sworn someone said we were getting a budget increase. Either way this year is probably gonna have a bigger budget than 2017. And also wonky is of the many weird words to describe 2017

Edit - If we get 2 shows I’ll be so happy. Jabowockeez is fine but they need something else. So assuming we were to get 9 houses we already know of 8, this should be interesting to see how it turns out