Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Making my HHN map this year similar to how I did last year...

What are the speculated maze locations as of now?

TRT - Mummy Queue
ST - Soundstage
UCM - Courtyard
AHS - FDTD
Backlot - ?
747 Queue - ?
WW Queue - ?

Reactions: Joey
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if The Thing was actually planned for both coasts at some point and why would they remove it? I can understand Budget reasons, if they want to save it for a year they can really go nuts with it, but it seems odd to pull something as popular as it is if they own it.

Reactions: Joey and ush.hacker

TRT - Mummy Queue
ST - Soundstage
UCM - Courtyard
AHS - FDTD
Backlot - ?
747 Queue - ?
WW Queue - ?
Metro/Backlot being Halloween. Waterworld being Poltergeist. And 747 Queue being the Last Purge.

TRT - Mummy Queue
ST - Soundstage
UCM - Courtyard
AHS - FDTD
Backlot - ?
747 Queue - ?
WW Queue - ?

I think The First Purge in 747 Queue since that’s usually where the big IP of the year goes to, and Poltergeist in the Backlot Tent with Halloween in WW

Edit - Nvm. How are they gonna fit Poltergeist in WW???

I think The First Purge in 747 Queue since that’s usually where the big IP of the year goes to, and Poltergeist in the Backlot Tent with Halloween in WW

Edit - Nvm. How are they gonna fit Poltergeist in WW???
Someone mentioned this earlier that there may not be a house in WW’s queue this year but in the storage building behind Kung Fu Panda. I think we may enter the venue through KFP this year.

Don't worry guys, I have it on authority, based on my consistent-as-gravity-theory, that the even numbered years are clearly the best. The odd-numbered years, no matter the line-up, has flopped critically or been disappointing. Even numbered years, with the dumbest sounding mazes, have been over-the-moon reports. We go through this every year after an odd-year where everyone cries and moans, "we hate Murdy," "I'm losing faith," "I don't think I'm a fan," blah blah blah. Hold your breath until opening weekend and you'll see...

I know this is WAY off track, but after seeing Hereditary I want it to be a house so badly. Also, what was in the 747 queue last year? I'm not certain of that specific location...

Thanks for that! I could never figure out which was which...
I feel then that it would make sense for Halloween to be in 747. It seems to be the promotional spot.
I think the First Purge would be in 747. Since it's a venue with more enclosed sets so it would work better for scares. While Metro would allow for Halloween's sets to work better

To further my theory as accurate, I will run down every year since 2010 (2006-2009 was apart of the revival years, where we loved any and everything HHNH did, aka The Honeymoon Years). I will go by POPULAR CONSENSUS and take my personal opinion out of it.

This is based on message board uber fan reviews, general population from Facebook, Twitter, & Yelp, and professional critics. Trust me, I read just about ALLLLL of them -- I could start a HauntedTomatoes website based on reviews of KSF & HHN alone. For this theory, I will forgo hyperboles such as OMFG AMAZING BEST EVER and POSIHATEMURDY WORST MAZE ALL TIMES and simply have three criteria for the mazes to fit into: good, neutral, bad. 2 points, 1 point, 0 points.

This score will than be divided into the max amount of points possible for that year - to make an aggregate that's comparable to years with more or less mazes.

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again (Neutral)
Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill (Good)
Saw: Game On (Neutral)
Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: In 3-D Zombievision (Good)
Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (Good)
Overall: 8 points. 80%

The Thing: Assimilation (Good)
Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season (Neutral)
Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare (Good)
Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D ZombieVision (Neutral)
The Wolfman: The Curse of Talbot Hall (Bad)
La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas (Good)
Overall: 8 points. 66%

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (Good)
Welcome to Silent Hill (Neutral)
Alice Cooper: Goes to Hell 3D (Neutral)
Universal Monsters Remix (Neutral)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Saw is the Law (Good)
La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos (Good)
Overall: 9 points. 75%

Evil Dead: Book of the Dead (Neutral)
The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven (Good)
Black Sabbath: 13 3D (Bad)
Insidious: Into The Further (Good)
Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection (Bad)
El Cucuy: The Boogeyman (Good)
Overall: 7 points. 58%

The Walking Dead: End Of The Line (Neutral)
Alien vs. Predator (Good)
From Dusk Till Dawn (Neutral)
Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood (Good)
Face Off: In The Flesh (Good)
An American Werewolf in London (Good)
Clowns 3D (Bad)
Overall: 10 points. 71%

Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness (Bad)
Insidious: Return to the Further (Good)
The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far (Good)
Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home (Good)

This Is The End 3D (Bad)
Alien vs. Predator (Neutral)
Overall: 7 points. 58%

The Exorcist (Good)
Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield (Good)
Freddy vs. Jason (Good)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers (Neutral)
Krampus (Good)
American Horror Story (Good)
The Walking Dead Attraction (Neutral)
Overall: 12 points. 85%

The Shining (Good)
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Good)
Ash vs Evil Dead (Bad)
Titans of Terror (Good)
Saw: The Games of Jigsaw (Neutral)
Insidious: Beyond the Further (Good)
The Horrors of Blumhouse (Neutral)
The Walking Dead Attraction (Bad)
Overall: 10 points. 62%

TL;DR
If you notice, the only years that reach higher than a 70% all around satisfactory rate are 2010 (80%), 2012 (75%), 2014 (71%), and 2016 (85%). While those below that percentage are 2011 (66%), 2013 & 2015 (58%), and 2017 (62%).

Furthermore, you will notice each time that HHNH has fallen behind it's previous year, it bounces back very strong the next year. 66% to 75%, it went up 9%. 58% to 71%, it went up 13%. Then 58 to 85, it went up a whopping 27%. I'm no mathematician, but that means we're on track for 62% going up at least 30ish%. Which would be the first time reaching more than a 90% satisfaction rate probably since 06-09, or ever.

SCIENCE!

Welp secrets out on the show I suppose.

If anything, the fact that it's been kept quiet this long is outstanding, and that show commitment to keep the magic hidden.

But yes, last I heard, Curtains is/was Penn and Teller. Why, I say is/was, is because this has been something that is in the Could be or not be range, to where this has been a bit flimsy. But to the best of my understanding, this is a show they want to have for HHN Hollywood.

It's why I made the code-name Curtains, because they could either rise, or fall.