Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jabbawockeez also has dates for Vegas running all throughout HHN for this year. Unless they have 2 groups (One at Vegas and One at HHN) which I don't know if they do have two groups (Someone let me know). But otherwise if they don't then they are out. Makes me wonder if we are even getting a Show this year.

Jabba's have several different "troops". The first year at HHN some of the OG's opened the Castle show but moved on to open the Vegas show in mid-October. Second year was mostly new dancers. Last year was almost all new dancers. I think they are coming back this year...

Penn & Teller did play in '92. It would be amazing if they came back.

OK, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they'd do Poltergeist, but I'm wondering who the actors are gonna be? Like, I can see a guy with a bloody face for the mirror scene, maybe a few skeletons for the end, the clown (obviously), but besides that?

If poltergeist does come I believe this would be the maze that has that "creative" layer that murdy was talking about which basically means were either going into the mind of carol anne or into the closet, which both will be consistent with black walls and boo holes

I'm pretty excited for Poltergeist, I'd rather have that over The Thing since we had a variation of that in 2011. Also it works as a Conjuring surrogate, for now. And a decent homage to Tobe Hooper who passed last year. But also a cool way to get Spielberg involved, who actually directed the movie.

Reactions: horrornights789
I'm pretty excited for Poltergeist, I'd rather have that over The Thing since we had a variation of that in 2011. Also it works as a Conjuring surrogate, for now. And a decent homage to Tobe Hooper who passed last year. But also a cool way to get Spielberg involved, who actually directed the movie.

Same. IMO Thing would be a scarier maze but Poltergeist would be much more interesting and has a lot of potential for special effects. Also agreed that this is basically the closest to Conjuring we’ll get this year

Possibly have elements from 2 and 3 in the maze since there were some awesome looking villains in those films to use in a live haunted attraction.

I would expect them to use Kane (the old guy from 2) as one of the pop out scare actors.
I think that'd be the extent of 2 & 3 references. And maybe the worm scene. An apartment complex maze from 3 would be cool and is oddly my favorite of the sequels, but I can't imagine they have anywhere near the amount of iconography to put any of that stuff in the maze.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I think that'd be the extent of 2 & 3 references. And maybe the worm scene. An apartment complex maze from 3 would be cool and is oddly my favorite of the sequels, but I can't imagine they have anywhere near the amount of iconography to put any of that stuff in the maze.

Maybe it'd be like a cameo scene, sorta like the H3 scene in Life and Crimes. Kane and Giger-Kane as scare-actors. Still, the bulk of the maze is probably gonna be the first movie. Maybe have a dining room with all the stairs stacked up, the TV, melting-face mirror doctor, the clown and the tree, the closet, lion-ghost puppets, then a finale centered around the coffins like TCM 2016. It could be neat, short little maze like Krampus.

Maybe it'd be like a cameo scene, sorta like the H3 scene in Life and Crimes. Kane and Giger-Kane as scare-actors. Still, the bulk of the maze is probably gonna be the first movie. Maybe have a dining room with all the stairs stacked up, the TV, melting-face mirror doctor, the clown and the tree, the closet, lion-ghost puppets, then a finale centered around the coffins like TCM 2016. It could be neat, short little maze like Krampus.
I forgot about a majority of those. I definitely think this could work as a solid maze! I know we don't really know much about this year yet, but I have a good feeling about it.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I know this would probably be tough to add, but it'd be cool to see them make a coffin actually pop out of the ground like in the movie. That would be pretty sweet. And the freddy snake rigs from FvJ could be repurposed into the closet skull. Yeah, I'm actually starting to feel this maze!