Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
wow... that’s an epically bad move on Hollywood’s part if we don’t get AHS. But I still don’t believe that just yet since Hollywood still has yet to do 3 seasons. Plus last year Murdy was already talking about this year’s AHS Maze... and a Halloween maze. I think(hope) this is just the yearly Leatherface rumors

wow... that’s an epically bad move on Hollywood’s part if we don’t get AHS.
Is this really that big of a deal breaker? I would love to see Asylum and all, but if AHS never returned to HHNH, I couldn't care less. We had two years of it and they could always go back in a few years and do a 10th anniversary maze or something. Same goes for the flip side, if there were TWO AHS mazes then okay, cool, there's plenty of other properties and original ideas they could use instead, but AHS is such a take-it-or-leave-it property for me. It's nothing monumental to get that excited or ticked off about.

Is this really that big of a deal breaker? I would love to see Asylum and all, but if AHS never returned to HHNH, I couldn't care less. We had two years of it and they could always go back in a few years and do a 10th anniversary maze or something. Same goes for the flip side, if there were TWO AHS mazes then okay, cool, there's plenty of other properties and original ideas they could use instead, but AHS is such a take-it-or-leave-it property for me. It's nothing monumental to get that excited or ticked off about.

I guess for most people but I only really wanted to go to HHN after they announced Exorcist & the first AHS Maze. I liked Roanoke and enjoyed its maze but Murdy has always been saying he wants to do Asylum, which is my favorite season, and it’s just disappointing we might not even do Coven or Cult

Yea i wouldn't really be that bent out of shape about it depending on what's going in its place. If it actually isn't in the line up (which im still iffy about seeing as though we go through this type of thing every year) I wonder if it was dropped or if it was never in the line up to begin with.

If Halloween got shoved into HoB 2 and Purge didn’t I feel like there’s gonna be a ton of complaints. Just a thought but if HoB 2 isn’t going in PC due to UCM I wonder if it’s going in the FDTD Tent?

Edit - Just finished rewatching footage from a few mazes last year to see if they were that bad since I remembered them being pretty good and there were SO many black walls. I don’t think this year can be as bad as that

Reactions: marip123
If anything, I am absolutely fascinated towards the fact that they are extremely trying to make it blend into the surrounding area. That alone, is great to see.

I’m really happy they let UCM stay since that one is bound to be great since it’s Murdy’s pet project

Edit - So did the contract for AHS end? I still don’t get why they cut it after talking about the other seasons all last year. Wonder if the low numbers of the Roanoke maze caused it to get the axe

Last edited:
Reactions: Horror Lover
In regards to all the talk about "The First Purge" being a maze this year (or involved with the event somehow as to be expected), I saw an advanced screening of it last month and I can confirm that there are definitely HHN maze (or possible SZ) elements that would be perfect to recreate for the event, but not a lot. Unfortunately, the film itself was NOT up to par with the 2nd & 3rd film, however it WAS better than the first film (which isn't difficult). I'm curious to see what they changed during the reshoots that occurred after I had seen it because the quality was not there...

Another thing I have to point out is that sadly, there really isn't any cool HHN worthy costumes that we've come to know, love & expect from The Purge.. yes I know its supposed to be an origin film, but if you're going to do one after 2 excellent sequels, you need to bring everything you've got. It'll be interesting to see what Murdy & company can give us for "The First Purge"..

original characters please?

In regards to all the talk about "The First Purge" being a maze this year (or involved with the event somehow as to be expected), I saw an advanced screening of it last month and I can confirm that there are definitely HHN maze (or possible SZ) elements that would be perfect to recreate for the event, but not a lot. Unfortunately, the film itself was NOT up to par with the 2nd & 3rd film, however it WAS better than the first film (which isn't difficult). I'm curious to see what they changed during the reshoots that occurred after I had seen it because the quality was not there...

Another thing I have to point out is that sadly, there really isn't any cool HHN worthy costumes that we've come to know, love & expect from The Purge.. yes I know its supposed to be an origin film, but if you're going to do one after 2 excellent sequels, you need to bring everything you've got. It'll be interesting to see what Murdy & company can give us for "The First Purge"..

original characters please?

Was the Bull mask from the trailer in there? He looked really cool

Was the Bull mask from the trailer in there? He looked really cool
as far as i remember that mask was seen, but there really is NOT anything memorable like the previous films. Nor is there variety. As someone who loves The Purge films (minus the mediocre first film) and what HHN Hollywood has done with it (SZ & Maze-wise... sorry Terror Tram, at least your on-tram video was cool), The First Purge is weak, familiar (not in the good way), and kinda forgettable. Some great cool action kills scenes, but yea.. "meh".

If we do see The First Purge at HHN this year, I feel that Murdy & "team" should actually get "CREATIVE" :lmao: and give us an all new ORIGINAL "origin" story & characters.. Hell, even tie it directly into the event itself. Because the new film just doesn't really offer much to work with outside of a few cool "creepy settings" to have scareactors in..

as far as i remember that mask was seen, but there really is NOT anything memorable like the previous films. Nor is there variety. As someone who loves The Purge films (minus the mediocre first film) and what HHN Hollywood has done with it (SZ & Maze-wise... sorry Terror Tram, at least your on-tram video was cool), The First Purge is weak, familiar (not in the good way), and kinda forgettable. Some great cool action kills scenes, but yea.. "meh".

If we do see The First Purge at HHN this year, I feel that Murdy & "team" should actually get "CREATIVE" :lmao: and give us an all new ORIGINAL "origin" story & characters.. Hell, even tie it directly into the event itself. Because the new film just doesn't really offer much to work with outside of a few cool "creepy settings" to have scareactors in..

Sucks this movie is really basic, sort of reminds of Insidious: The Last Key in that the premise looks really good but ends up forgettable. If Murdy goes original on Purge then we’ll have 2 semi-original mazes(Purge & UCM) and a 3rd that’ll require creativity(Poltergeist).

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst... Last year was such a letdown but the scareactor talent is what saved it for me. The new Purge film left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm curious to see it again when it is officially released in 2 weeks

If what has been said on this forum in the past few days is true, that Stranger Things is basically the only house that's not going to suffer from black walls and other short-comings, part of me is glad that highly wanted IPs aren't coming this year after all, except for Trick 'r Treat (I hope that maze manages to pull through).

If what has been said on this forum in the past few days is true, that Stranger Things is basically the only house that's not going to suffer from black walls and other short-comings, part of me is glad that highly wanted IPs aren't coming this year after all, except for Trick 'r Treat (I hope that maze manages to pull through).

Yeah true, TrT is so requested that if it flops that’ll be a really bad failure; even though the Conjuring Universe & IT(and sort of Scream & Hellraiser) are the only properties I want at HHN I’m relieved neither showed up this year or last year since they deserve better than black hallways. Still gonna hold judgement out for this year when it happens but it is disappointing news. So did Universal shift most of the budget to Stranger Things or did Netflix demand it be done right? Really happy the Upside Down won’t be a black hallway though

Reactions: MacMillian Crew