Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yay!

I could see Halloween getting cut down to get shoved into HoBH 2 to be included with Truth or Dare (I don't see how a Beavis and Butthead face jumping out at me is going to be scary), and Insidious. I can see that theater facade getting repurposed.

I would imagine that if HoBH is coming back, it'd be probably a different facade from the other version. But, that's merely my guess with not much in backing.

UCM, seems to have almost in what I am guessing, is a Museum like facade. But I could be extremely off-kilter on that.

The thought of the potential Comcast/Fox acquisition having a ripple effect for HHN.

I will say this, and say this bluntly, I don't think people should be blaming the Fox/Comcast acquisition deal going on right now to HHN.
That's what I was saying. Fiscally, it makes no sense. Also, I would say that it makes little sense in general if the budget gets cut midway through a project. Those numbers are set by accounting way before construction begins.

It's both. You guys will be very disappointed at what's been replaced. I wont/cant say what because I'll get in trouble but we should've quit while we were ahead.
Let's see...Stranger Things and TrT have been officially announced, UCM isn't leaving, we already know It and the Thing have been switched out for Poltergeist and the Purge....either AHS or Halloween have been scrapped. I'm not sure a lot of people would be super disappointed if Halloween got replaced so.....AHS?

That's what I was saying. Fiscally, it makes no sense. Also, I would say that it makes little sense in general if the budget gets cut midway through a project. Those numbers are set by accounting way before construction begins.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that are making it scream like we are having a re-run of last year, but it isn't any of the fault to Comcast. It's more..shall I say, creatively.

My logic went that yes, they're going to creditors, but Comcast is also one of the most indebted companies on planet earth. Thus, they'd want to cut down on expenses to reassure analysts that they're taking their debt seriously and all that crap. Still, I didn't consider the fact that budget changes probably don't happen midway through.

Lineup-wise... Halloween getting Blumhoused is the only one I can think of right now. Halloween and the First Purge are actually one HoB maze, and we actually have an unknown third maze NoES? I dunno.

Scott-Lang-ant-man-38526039-400-208.gif

AHS probably didn’t get the boot since it seems we still have Cult in the streets & Asylum in the maze. Asylum better be better than Roanoke though since that’s the season Murdy has constantly talked about bringing

I should change my name to Dr. Halloween and How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Fandom is getting pretty cynical, myself was no exception maybe 3-4 years ago. I spent WAY too much time in the past being annoyed or angry at silly speculation (check the archives of HNH on my rants of Alice freakin' Cooper), just to go to the event and love it anyway -- even it's worst years. It's not like I'm spending my last dimes to go to an event and be broke for the rest of the year or anything. And if you are, you have more serious things to worry about than a Halloween event. I know it seems very life or death as a major fan, but as DJ in The Last Jedi says, "they blow you up today, you blow them up tomorrow." Not quite the same metaphor, but you can hate the next 3 years of HHN and they could pull a rabbit out of their hat and have the best year ever after, and it'll make you fall in love all over again like the glory years.

You don't wanna go anymore, GREAT. Less lines for me. GP is eating this crap up. I don't like black walls as much as the next fan, but it's not going to prevent me from going. KSF love died out for me, I stopped going every year, as long as HHN doesn't dip to THAT quality of KSF's '08-'12 years, we'll be fine -- and it's almost impossible to get thaaaaat low. And heck, I've even learned to enjoy that Haunt now on a bi-yearly basis, ESPECIALLY because it's one of the CHEAPEST with the most content AND rides. It makes no damage to my wallet and is comparable in price to 2 drinks at Cove Bar/Lamplight Lounge at Disney. If anything, HHN will lose popularity, scale back, get cheaper, by that time we'll have more rides, and the event might be the better for it.

This year already isn't a full on repeat with ST and TrT, and we've experienced years that were or almost were 100% repeats (08, 10, 16) and in my opinion, those were some of the absolute BEEEEEEST YEARS. HHN luckily learns from their mistakes -- they usually don't course correct too well mid-event, but if they come back with something the next year, it's either kept the same because it was just THAT good before (AVP, HOTC) or it usually got a LOT better (Llorona, NOES 08).

I think we are way too early to start harping on creative.

Now I could see if things are getting adjusted because the IP holders have a disagreement with Murdy and Co.

Also black walls do not bother me as much as some others. I go to get scared and then laugh at my wife for getting scared. The two best scares I was a part of where 16 Excorcist when a scare actor jumped out from a drop wall hideout and I just about decked him and then 17 Roanoke when due to light leak it was hard to see and my wife just about walked into a scare actors hiding spot, said actor then jumped out and I had to scrape my wife off the ceiling.

Reactions: marip123
Wouldn't be surprised if we aren't getting AHS since orlando isn't either

Ahh, Chris liked this comment. Is that the rumor going around? We won't get Asylum? Cult could probably fill a smaller maze, but if that's true, something is gonna get moved to the FDTD tent, and I'm not sure which one of the IPs currently under speculation need that kind of space.

Edit: unless that Murder House/Coven cross-over that's apparently confirmed is the new maze?