Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lame...why Universal?

Edit: Welp I guess we all know Orlando already wins this year, and the event hasn't even started.

Omg the twitter commentary from this announcement is hilarious....

also, a very good point... maze or scarezone? Because it was always rumored to be a maze, but what if it was actually a SZ instead?

Omg the twitter commentary from this announcement is hilarious....

also, a very good point... maze or scarezone? Because it was always rumored to be a maze, but what if it was actually a SZ instead?

I know. Even the GP said they hate it and they were asking which maze was scrapped for it.

IMO this could end up potentially good if the actors are intense. But no matter what, :deadhorse:

We will probably see it specified once Murdy gets on his thread of a synopsis..that said,

When I was told of TFP, it'd be a maze.

I just saw an article that confirmed it’s a maze.

Edit - Judging by even the GP’s reaction do you guys think they’ll finally let this franchise go after this year since NOBODY asked for this?

Didn't he say this maze would have the twitter passcode thingy?

Yup

So, my big question for this maze is why? Like Wesker said there’s not that much Maze material and Blumhouse took the mega tent from AHS, so why didn’t they just shove The Purge in there instead of doing what they did with Insidious and wasting a maze venue? On the bright side it sounds like Ouija has more potential of coming this year in HoB

Edit - Just a thought, but could this mean no Get Out? This is a pretty controversial IP and two of them(Get Out being less controversial) might make people question Universal.

Last edited:
I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind about this. The film doesn't have much to use so I too believe it'll contain a lot of original aspects. Hell, what they might come up with might even be better than the stuff we've seen in the past before but guess what? It's 6 years too late. I think everyone who isn't digging this maze would've loved this maze... if it was 4 years ago. At the end, I'll still need to see it for myself.

I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind about this. The film doesn't have much to use so I too believe it'll contain a lot of original aspects. Hell, what they might come up with might even be better than the stuff we've seen in the past before but guess what? It's 6 years too late. I think everyone who isn't digging this maze would've loved this maze... if it was 4 years ago. At the end, I'll still need to see it for myself.

Yeah. I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been a maze sooner. Hell, Orlando had it before we did(although different circumstances)

I just find it funny that John wrote an original maze this year, but instead decided to use the purge. Oh well, who knows maybe the purge will actually be good in a maze setting instead of a Scarezone, the purgers will have an easier time getting up close since mazes are usually close quarters.