Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah. I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been a maze sooner. Hell, Orlando had it before we did(although different circumstances)
2016 - Guantlet of Fear... just because it didn't have a queue set up, doesn't make it any less of a maze. And technically, Horrors of Blumhouse was mostly Purge based.

maybe the purge will actually be good in a maze setting instead of a Scarezone, the purgers will have an easier time getting up close since mazes are usually close quarters.
We've already been there, seen this... 2 years in a row, both times in Universal Plaza/Parisian Courtyard. Its not new territory... just a new location.

And clearly you must've had a terrible Purge SZ/Terror Tram experience because the Purgers had no problems with getting all up in people's personal space

First off, I don't think TFP is a replacement for a scrapped maze, I think it was on the docket the whole time. I also think Corporate/Marketing kind of hinted (or outright forced) that it would be a good idea to do The Purge with the movie and the TV Show coming out.

Second. I like everyone else was dreading this announcement and hoped that we would get a last minute swerve. The second the announcement came out I immediately saw a couple of the characters in the movie and that idea intrigued me. While you might not think there is enough material for a maze imagine there is one scene that if they do right could be pretty good. I don't know how to use the spoiler option so I will just wait to post my idea.

Do I have hope this maze could be good, yes. Do I expect it to be good... No.

I'm also surprised we haven't seen Purge as a maze yet but oh well this was inevitable.

This is probably gonna be the trickiest house to design for John. They’re probably gonna need to take an original take on the property since TFP is... well controversial. Hopefully corporate gets the memo too since I’ve seen maybe 5 good comments on this announcement

This sort of reminds me of the whole CITW/ED and RE/TWD thing from 2013, in the sense that he made a rule for a property and then completely did a 180 on that rule(Get Out too controversial, then does TFP). Still hoping for the best in this house, but I feel bad for the actors in here.

He never said Get Out was too controversial, he always said the social commentary wouldn't play well in a maze. I think in a short segment for HOB it would have been fine. However TFP has much more actual scare elements to it.

Not saying I agree just saying you can't compare TFP to Get Out.

I just realized that people usually hit the backlot first as bigger IPs tend to go back there. This year, that won't be the case. I wonder if it will get very crowded back there?

I love how Murdy specifically pointed out that they were planning this maze back when there was only a script for the movie, so probably even last year. Which proves TFP replaced nothing and has always been in the cards. Which goes to show a lot of leakers are just getting bad info or lying. haha

I love how Murdy specifically pointed out that they were planning this maze back when there was only a script for the movie, so probably even last year. Which proves TFP replaced nothing and has always been in the cards. Which goes to show a lot of leakers are just getting bad info or lying. haha

I think what leaked was Murdy’s dream lineup for the year. Possibly the short list? This year’s been confusing regardless

Murdy says a lot of things

Reactions: Legacy and HereWeGo
Because you've got people going expecting an event like Knotts, HHN, Dark Harbor or Fright Fest... even though it was NEVER once promoted as a full blown haunt event last year. So of course you're not going to hear "glowing reviews". It was the same "Horror Made Here" tour that was introduced the previous year with some extra fluff.

And people really need to lay off the s**t talk in regards to the Neibolt House. It was a FREE attraction WB set up in Hollywood to promote the movie, nothing more nothing less. Just FYI, it was NOT disappointing. It was impressive for what they did in regards to free publicity (hell they spent more to promote Ready Player One in Hollywood this year). Since they already had it, they decided to rebuild it on the backlot for their "Horror" tour. Never once claiming it to be anything different from what people saw in Hollywood.

This year however, WB is going full haunt. And they are advertising it as such complete with scarezones. They even stated they'd be adding things for IT's Neibolt House. Last year must've been successful enough to decide to go "full haunt" this year. Midsummer Scream is coming up at the end of the month & they have a panel on sunday (before HHN)

Somebody gets it. Honestly the WB Halloween Event seemed like a cool experience. At least what I saw on Youtube. I'm actually thinking about going this year. Hopefully I can make it out there.

I saw the Adam the Woo walkthrough of the Neibolt House & it looked like a neat maze. It only sucks if you compare it to a top-tier maze in one of the major parks. It's still 99% better than the mazes from local mazes or small parks throughout the country.

Reactions: Wesker69
Which goes to show a lot of leakers are just getting bad info or lying. haha

I believe the reality is they are getting incomplete info. Legacy from Orlando described seeing (or being told of) a production book that contained most of what the rumored line up was. Then come December some of the hot properties were gone.

My guess is this book in question is a head start on things. IF they get IT they are already down the road with design, if not they keep the pages for next year. I don't think IT and The Conjuring were ever seriously in the cards. The Thing I think got cut due to budgetary reasons, reasons that might even have to do with how much they paid for the rights to Stranger Things.

Those with knowledge of these things get them from sources who probably only see a portion of the whole picture. I don't doubt the authenticity of the info they get, but merely the completeness of it.

Also Murdy plans things in advance maybe he got the script and said "hmm this could be a great maze someday". Then as the line up was shaping up it looked like the someday should be this year.