Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those who've generally been on a Sunday, what's it like ? Thinking of going with my crew as a whole this Sunday and hoping to knock everything by 10 or 11 (with early entry).
Depending on how many people you have in "your crew", will dictate how quickly & efficiently you can tackle the event. It also depends on crowds & waittimes too obviously. But generally with groups, don't expect to be leaving by 10 or 11. It is still opening weekend and we don't exactly know how the crowds will be. I've seen sundays get very busy and others be practically empty, but it is hit or miss. As long as you have a game plan & EVERYONE follows it, you should have no issue with doing everything, some things at least twice.

After EP & Opening Night, you should have a rough idea of how the crowds might be on sunday.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Thanks for the feedback, my friends and I are a group of 7 and we're going to do early entry and the game plan I mentioned earlier in the thread (ST > Poltergeist > First Purge > Happy Death Day > Trick R Treat > Halloween > UCM). Hopefully we can knock it all out with it being opening sunday.

Also I'll be going to EP tomorrow and my host said they wanted to hit Terror Tram first (first timers to the event). Oh brother... lol

Is opening ceremony worth waiting? I wanna do ST early because I know how long the wait times are gonna be, but opening ceremony looks awesome and I've never done it before. Advice?

Is opening ceremony worth waiting? I wanna do ST early because I know how long the wait times are gonna be, but opening ceremony looks awesome and I've never done it before. Advice?

Last year was a real let-down due to the lack of fire towers, but this year they're returning, so I dunno. I'd suggest waiting a little for Previews and the first weekend and see if it's worth it.

I'll say this much, they're usually awesome; last year was more of an aberration.

No, with the way early entry works you’ll be at way too much of a disadvantage. I’d only recommend watching it if you’re gonna go multiple nights and you really wanna see it.

Last edited:
With this year being 2 hours early, I'd wager it depends on a simple thing: the crowd level that day.

Depending on the level of crowd..I could see it being possible to get onto the boat of being able to do most if nor all of those early entry mazes, and still being able to catch the opening ceremony. But it'd have to depend on endurance IMO.

Also for those who've been to EP - how bad are crowds there?

It'll be uneven. Definitely some hour-long waits for the bigger mazes (I recall SAW was at least 60 for most of the night). Expect lots of hiccups/slowdowns and maybe even a fire drill or two.

Reactions: chris.g
I was debating on Sunday but I'd get one less hour of event. Early Entry would be at 4 with the gift option, but that means very little since mazes still won't open until 5:15-5:30. It's 10 bucks cheaper, but trying to balance between the pros and cons, I think I'd rather pay an extra $10 and get one extra hour of event time.

Hey everyone, can another HHN fan ask another favor of you all? Don't want to come across as sounding like a mod, but I just clicked on the Monsters thread only to find myself quickly scrolling up as there was a LOT of spoiler pics being shoved into my face. If you could use the "spoiler" bubble before posting those pics, that would be MUCH appreciated. Me and I'm sure several people on here would prefer to walk inside cold blind and see it firsthand.

It's 2 AM, Murdy's mixing a maze, possibly has to mix an SZ and TT and God knows if those props at Holidayz were set out or not. Should we be worried that things might not be ready for Employee Previews?

I don't think there's ever been an EP where everything was ready.
Every year there's reports of glaring things missing or "additions" between EP and just opening night.

It's 2 AM, Murdy's mixing a maze, possibly has to mix an SZ and TT and God knows if those props at Holidayz were set out or not. Should we be worried that things might not be ready for Employee Previews?
Be prepared for a lot of things to be unfinished or have the budget cut treatment.... but it shouldn't be as bad as last year's budget cutting

Reactions: Clive
This is gonna sound really weird but...Does anyone else feel like this year, there's gonna be alot of scares coming out from under beds?

Like, in terms of movies, there's Halloween 4 and TrT have people attacking from under beds, and in Poltergeist the clown almost attacked someone from under a bed.

Iunno, it was just something that struck me while I was watching TrT again. I thought, "hey, that'd be a great scare," and then I sorta realized that I also thought that when Michael attacked Jamie from under the bed, then the clown...