Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Channel Zero at the event would be INCREDIBLE! That being said, what do you think are the chances of next year's Slender Man movie coming to the event?
Slenderman is like Ghostface or better yet, the Scream franchise. Too many people own the rights to him or at least did. I wouldn't rule him out just yet though but rather put him in the same place Scream and The Conjuring are in. I might be wrong about the ownership though.

All I know is if we don't finally get Scream, I am going to SCRE-- yell.

Wasn't the TV show this <-> close to being done at Orlando? I still have hope it's possible here in Hollywood.

Wasn't the TV show this <-> close to being done at Orlando? I still have hope it's possible here in Hollywood.

Wasn't the issue that it was supposed to be on the TV show, but everyone, including the creative time when building it, wanted the movie?

So USO posted this on their twitter feed.............................I'm late to reply but could this mean anything for Hollywood?

Sorry for double post

EDIT: I'm an idiot.:faint:

Huh, looks like that was what the Neibolt House thing was part of.

I guess more competition is always a good thing. I still think that third-party IP holders like Lionsgate can still give their IPs to both sides; failing that, screwing around with IPs (eg a Freddy maze based off of FvJ, not technically the NoES series) could get them the more popular IPs.

I am wondering if IT is gonna come next year for this reason? If WB is serious about getting into the Haunt Market in LA (It's already pretty full, what with Fright Fest, HHN, KSF, Queen Mary's, etc.) that they'd want every advantage they can get, including taking exclusive control of their most popular IP.

At the same time, if the reason why the Conjuring is not here this year is because of the WB event, why did WB never try to go whole hog and do their own version of the Shining along with the Conjuring? I still think they'll be a bit more generous with their IPs this year. Year after is probably when things will start getting a little tighter.
My best guess (I have no inside info though) is availability of resources. Last year WB did a halloween event that included props from the some of their horror movies (including the Annabell doll) and a screening of Conjuring 1&2. Doing a mazes based on that series made sense for the upstart since they had everything already in place. My guess is we will see WB continue to milk the IT maze for a while longer and I would consider the chances it shows at HHN to be slim.

I also think timing had a something to do with it. I would bet dollars to donuts that the rights to The Shining were negotiated at the same time as The Exorcist. Once the deal is signed WB has to honor it.

My 3 Wishes for 2018:
1) An Icon/Theme:
Hollywood Harry or someone completely new, Hollywood needs a narrative direction for its event and an Icon would help push that forward. Personally, I'd love to see the kid from scene 1 of ToT this year build into a full-fledged icon.

2) A Second Show:
While the Jabbawockeez aren't necessarily my thing, I get that a lot of people like them, and they're a good people eater. I'd love to see a more horror-centric show take place on the Animal Actors Stage, or even down on the Metro sets. Something like the Carnival of Carnage shows from HHN25 would be a great addition and another way to incorporate a "narrative" into the event

3) Original Houses:
I love the IPs that they've been able to procure, but I'd really love to see Hollywood have some original houses. Maybe even one based on the aforementioned Icon?

Did y’all see John’s twitter? He said 2017’s event was the highest guest rated and highest attended in the event’s history; I hope that doesn’t mean black walls are the future.

You know what.. I'm gonna say it. Stranger Things doesnt fit at HHN. Hope we DON'T get it.

To say this as-well, if they wanted too, I think they really have to wait till Season 3.

While I did very much like the season, S2 didn't scream to me as HHN potential. Not at all to be precise, outside of the Upside Down more-or-less.

Did y’all see John’s twitter? He said 2017’s event was the highest guest rated and highest attended in the event’s history; I hope that doesn’t mean black walls are the future.
I honestly don't believe that by any stretch of the imagination. That or they're pulling numbers in certain ways to put a positive spin on whatever they're saying. Is there some type of bell curve in comparison to 2016? I guess you gotta be your event's own hype man, even if that means bending the truth or lying a bit. Maybe it's not his fault and maybe the survey people are tweaking things a bit also. I know of a lot of people (not superfans like us) who didn't go because of bad word of mouth and people who did go say it wasn't as good as prior years, and people who've never gone before say it was "meh" or "all hype."

You know what.. I'm gonna say it. Stranger Things doesnt fit at HHN. Hope we DON'T get it.

Completely on the same boat with you. Literally can't see a good maze coming out of it... yet. Love the show, but it's not maze worthy. That Six Flags Mexico video is proof that it'd be a very weak maze with 2 seasons worth of stuff so far.

I'm totally just expressing wishful thinking, not based on any sort of reality at all... but in addition to wanting a Hellraiser maze, I feel the Japanese Horror genre would be an interesting take. Movies like House, Spiral/Uzumaki, Audition, Tetsu: Iron Man... it'd be a great take on Knott's Shadowlands and Grudge mazes.

Or modern European Horror... Anatomie, Martyrs, High Tension, Suspiria (already mentioned, I know). Maybe even just an entire Dario Argento maze... he has quite a body of work, if you pardon the pun.

It'll never happen, but it's a fun fantasy.

I hope we get an original that’s either (a) an Icon house, (b) not 3D, (c) historically based/period peace(a la Roanoke, Forsaken, Catacombs, and LitC from Orlando) or (d) based on an urban legend