Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe I’m crazy, but I would swear that in 2019, the event still started at 7, and has for years, but early entry was earlier than ever at at like 5:15. The official “opening” can’t start at 6 (even though early entry people are busy doing mazes by that point) because that’s when the day park itself would close, and then there’s the hour of getting the daygoers out before doing the scaremony at sundown.

Edit: Some quick Googling backed me up, so I’m not crazy. Here’s a source or two that corroborates the 5:15 early entry in ‘19 while retaining the 7 opening time.

So maybe its a Mandela effect on my part, 5 was early entry, but 7 was always the official opening.

Wait... where is Chainsaw going?
Guessing Lower Lot, as that was put in Horror NIght NIghtmare's Spec Map.
It's going in the front where Fallen Angelz was in 2019.

" “Chainsaw Rangers” is a diabolical gang of chainsaw wielding maniacs who strike upon those entering “Halloween Horror Nights.

Think it’s moreso that you guys are just constantly looking for something to complain about lol

I don't think he's trying to complain here; more so that it's a manner of trying to figure out how the heck early entry works this year with a seeming shift to hours; along with how it's being worded officially.

@HHNManics might correct me on this; but I believe when I was there on closing night, we got into our first maze (Which I believe was Stranger Things) around 6PM? I could've sworn Early Entry was at that time for that specific night.

I don't think he's trying to complain here; more so that it's a manner of trying to figure out how the heck early entry works this year with a seeming shift to hours; along with how it's being worded officially.

@HHNManics might correct me on this; but I believe when I was there on closing night, we got into our first maze (Which I believe was Stranger Things) around 6PM? I could've sworn Early Entry was at that time for that specific night.
Correct. Believe we were let in around 5 and then Mazes started opening around 6pm and we started with Stranger Things.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I remember in 19 it was a crazy schedule where some mazes opened at 5:45 (Us I know opened earlier than Pandora) and then most mazes in Metro and Lower Lot were open by 6.

It used to be (16, 17, 18) lower lot and metro would open 5:45/6, depending on crowd, and then the top would open at 7pm. Though 16 I did the Day/Night combo and in 17&18 I did RIP and we were let in super early.

There was a concerted effort to reduce early entry offerings in 2019 that they ended up backtracking on when crowding and congestion became an issue. The event had a new manager with no experience running a haunt event and attempted to cut corners to save a few bucks and look good wherever possible. (They were not invited to return.)

It's going in the front where Fallen Angelz was in 2019.

" “Chainsaw Rangers” is a diabolical gang of chainsaw wielding maniacs who strike upon those entering “Halloween Horror Nights.
Dang, was excited for the lower lot to have a scarezone again for a second.

Oh shhhhhiiiii I just realized. No Toxic Tunnel. We’re finally free!
But that also means no backlot, sadly.

There was a concerted effort to reduce early entry offerings in 2019 that they ended up backtracking on when crowding and congestion became an issue. The event had a new manager with no experience running a haunt event and attempted to cut corners to save a few bucks and look good wherever possible. (They were not invited to return.)
Would kinda explain the really inconsistent timing. I remember practically every day it was a complete dice roll for what would open first and when.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Would kinda explain the really inconsistent timing. I remember practically every day it was a complete dice roll for what would open first and when.

Yep. The performers never knew until they showed up for the first few weeks. It was a lesson in hubris, to be sure.

This individual was also the reason the Lower Lot scarezone got cut halfway through the run.

Yep. The performers never knew until they showed up for the first few weeks. It was a lesson in hubris, to be sure.

This individual was also the reason the Lower Lot scarezone got cut halfway through the run.
Did they have anything to do with scaremonies disappearing too or was that unrelated?

Did they have anything to do with scaremonies disappearing too or was that unrelated?

Yes and no. Scaremonies was largely cut because of perceived congestion issues (which only existed because of the failure to do early entry the way they had for the previous few years). It was an easier decision when the complaints about the Fu Manchu began to pour in.

Yes and no. Scaremonies was largely cut because of perceived congestion issues (which only existed because of the failure to do early entry the way they had for the previous few years). It was an easier decision when the complaints about the Fu Manchu began to pour in.
For the love of all things holy, can you please do us the honor and just make a BTS Stories daily blog/thread? Because this is the stuff I find the most interesting lol

I remember in 19 it was a crazy schedule where some mazes opened at 5:45 (Us I know opened earlier than Pandora) and then most mazes in Metro and Lower Lot were open by 6.

It used to be (16, 17, 18) lower lot and metro would open 5:45/6, depending on crowd, and then the top would open at 7pm. Though 16 I did the Day/Night combo and in 17&18 I did RIP and we were let in super early.

in 18 Stranger Things opened early. I always tried to hit that at 5pm. In 19 I know things were changing week to week to move the crowds.
DC236701-4E4B-41D2-B284-047CC5C1F778.jpeg

in 18 Stranger Things opened early. I always tried to hit that at 5pm. In 19 I know things were changing week to week to move the crowds.
View attachment 15135
I wish ST had been more consistent on opening first in 2019, it was always a gamble between waiting for ST to open or doing the entirety of the backlot and hoping the line wasn't too long when I got back. Wound up with me going a fraction of the times I did through other mazes, not that I was really missing much.