Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not much in the trailer, granted, but there's clearly creatures of some kind in this movie (a hand and a head at 1:32) and a woman who appears to be a burn victim (1:30). I don't think it'll run into the same issues as, say, Get Out, where you have to try and make a house out of one sequence.
I know it'd be unlikely, but it'd be great to combine all three of JP's films into a house. It'd eliminate any issue regarding IP's spreading too thin with scares, and they already have the resources for about a 1/3 of the potential house. I've heard the working relationship between creative and Peele is good, but can't confirm if his involvement is probable.

On another note, I think ST4 is an absolute lock. Makes them a ton of money every year, brings in new customers that become repeating guests, fosters a relationship with Netflix which seems to be super beneficial with stuff like Hill House, and fits the partially infuriating reaction criteria discussed in the Orl thread rn.

Lastly, USH's lack of Plaza use this year during Lunar New Year may suggest that it may be getting phased out as a staging space (PURE SPECULATION). Idk, but I can't see them putting anything grander than the Dia de Los Muertos Plaza.

Nope looks good! It's been a minute since there was a sci-fi-esque horror film this high profile.

If it does end up being good, I don't see why not make it a house. It seems to have elements that could make it possible judging from the trailer. I rather them do just a house with this movie vs all the Jordan Peele movies since they already did Us (very well) and Get Out would make no sense being a haunt attraction.

I wonder if NOPE doesn't have enough material, if it might be possible to have a "Mindscape of Jordan Peele" ala Horrors of Blumhouse. Finally incorporate Get Out, while reusing props and costumes from Us (HHN2019) along with setpieces from NOPE. Bring Peele on to give forewords as you transition from one maze to the second, have him actively involved to distinguish which story takes precedence.

It's what I'd do, as I recall Us having a high GSAT (but I can be absolutely wrong).

I wonder if NOPE doesn't have enough material, if it might be possible to have a "Mindscape of Jordan Peele" ala Horrors of Blumhouse. Finally incorporate Get Out, while reusing props and costumes from Us (HHN2019) along with setpieces from NOPE. Bring Peele on to give forewords as you transition from one maze to the second, have him actively involved to distinguish which story takes precedence.

It's what I'd do, as I recall Us having a high GSAT (but I can be absolutely wrong).
This sends me back to those 2020 speculation maps with the “Jordan Peele Original” maze *sigh* good times, good times

You could easily have Get Out be the final portion of the maze, put a bunch of black walls as the finale and call it "The Sunken Place." I know that's not ideal, but it's an easy solution to fill up the maze with whatever's usable to promote NOPE, reuse sets from US, and go cheap/non-political/avoid controversy by basically using a variation of "The Upside Down" for GET OUT to make fans of that film happy. It's a win all around and we get to hear some fans rage about black wallz, what's not to love?

My Personal Speculation List:
Scream
Jordan Peele Trilogy or Candyman
Chucky TV Series
Stranger Things S3
House of Dracula
Original
Terror Tram: Fear Street
Wild Cards: BeetleJuice, IT, The Conjuring, or Halloween Ends

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would mean this is the earliest we've seen HHN begin construction for Hollywood, yes?

If that's the case...might we need the construction thread *this* quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.