Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... there is supposedly an intentional red herring on the map... perhaps, two, red herrings... but I do believe one of the IPs is not what it seems.
Hmmmmm…..I’m going to say that Nope and La Llorona are the red herrings. It’s be great if The Weeknd was one of them.

But man, you just giving me false hope that Scream could still be a possibility.

Last edited:
So... there is supposedly an intentional red herring on the map... perhaps, two, red herrings... but I do believe one of the IPs is not what it seems.

I would guess Klowns is one of them. It just doesn't seem possible for so many major IPs to be coast-exclusive, especially when one of ours is a smaller cult classic IP.

And Last of Us in the old Walking Dead attraction makes a ton of sense, just saying...

Hmmmmm…..I’m going to say that Nope and La Llorona are the red herrings. It’s be great if The Weeknd was one of them.

But man, you just giving me false hope that Scream could still be a possibility.
Honestly I'm pretty much 100% sold on La Llorona for this year. A lot of people on social media have been asking for a return for the last few years, and given how well recieved some of the repeat mazes were last year by the general public, it seems like an obvious choice to bring back to me.

Hmmmmm....let's analyze the supposed line-up of what could be a red herring:

-Evil Dead: Nah. I think it's legit. Rumored for Orlando as well and seems to be the only IP that fits Murdy's statement of at least one property "that has been requested for a long time."

-Killer Klowns: I think this might be a red herring. Just seems kinda random considering they just did this in 2019. Unless it's the "sequel house" that Murdy wanted to do, I just don't see this happening. If there is a second red-herring, I think this is it.

-La Llorona: They did the Hispanic-themed plaza last year, newer fans have always wanted to see La Llorona, it's been ten years since they've done it.....I think it's legit. Too much smoke for there to not have fire.

-The Weeknd: Kinda wish this were the red herring but I don't think it is. Marketing will insist on it and he just tweeted what seems to be a confirmation that it's happening.

-Scarecrow: It's legit. The facade makes it evident that this is what is coming.

-Mummy: Fits the checkmark of another Classic Monsters house. Not a red herring.

-Nope: This has gotta be the red herring. It sounds like it would be an expensive maze to do for Hollywood so I don't know if they want to invest in a property that might be kinda risky in that regard.

Lets say that there is indeed a red herring or two. What would replace it/both? I think Fear Street and Scream might be possible, but I think we'll probably get a repeat of an IP.

Reactions: londonwerecat
What if Scream does happen this year, but it's the Terror Tram again?

I would laugh but also die inside.
Kill me now. I literally may just skip the event. I don't think I can stomach another Scream 4 Your Life atrocity. Apparently, there are things worse than Scream not being a maze...

I wonder why they decided to flip the usual layout?
All three times they've had the facade flipped (Silent Hill, Evil Dead, and Clowns), the entrance would be right next to the JP splashdown area, just left of the escalator. My guess as to why they're doing this is probably because they want to ease up crowd space to make room for the food stands by Panda?

I wonder why they decided to flip the usual layout?

All three times they've had the facade flipped (Silent Hill, Evil Dead, and Clowns), the entrance would be right next to the JP splashdown area, just left of the escalator. My guess as to why they're doing this is probably because they want to ease up crowd space to make room for the food stands by Panda?

Adding to what Freak just posted, if I had to guess, it could possibly be ops/guestflow related. Instead of having everyone crowd to the back for the two mazes, you split them up with having the entrances on opposite sides of the lot. I can imagine the construction of SNW is making the back a lil more cramped, too.

Last edited:
According to Discord it seems like all of legacy’s Hollywood Clues have been deciphered.

The Weeknd
Universal Monsters The Mummy
Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 (As implied by Chris Galindo on the forums here)
Candyman
La Llorona
Scarecrow the Reaping
Evil Dead
An American Werewolf in London

According to Discord it seems like all of legacy’s Hollywood Clues have been deciphered.

The Weeknd
Universal Monsters The Mummy
Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 (As implied by Chris Galindo on the forums here)
Candyman
La Llorona
Scarecrow the Reaping
Evil Dead
An American Werewolf in London
So that’s…..eight houses?

First of all, where the heck is the eighth house going? JW overflow is the only place I can think of. There’s just no room anywhere else.

Unless we’re not getting the tram again, eight houses seems like a LOT. That’s just too much for one night IMO. If they are indeed doing eight houses AND the tram….I’m really concerned about the quality this year.

Man, that’s a lot of returning content. La Llorona, Klowns, AWiL…..

First of all, where the heck is the eighth house going? JW overflow is the only place I can think of. There’s just no room anywhere else.

Unless we’re not getting the tram again, eight houses seems like a LOT. That’s just too much for one night IMO. If they are indeed doing eight houses AND the tram….I’m really concerned about the quality this year.

I’m guessing that’s exactly where that house is going yeah, I was kinda holding on to this one for such an occasion but they’ve had faux grass walls in the JW extended queue for a few weeks same kinda walls they put around Parisian before it got it’s tent. super hard to photograph though, this was the best I could get. This is from March 10thB7B4342E-CA69-402F-9F4C-7BA5795EEE1E.jpeg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Looking at the google sheet, somethings not adding up since Legacy has only given Seven clues for Hollywood.

For those who want to help figure out this clue, I made handy little Google sheet to help keep track of information if anyone wants to help contribute. I've posted it in some discord servers for anyone who wants to help but I figured it should go here as well

From the clues, there's five IP's and 2 Originals. I'm not sure where discord is getting eight mazes out of seven clues.
As for possible repeats, well I won't lie that a return of La Llorona and KKfOS would actually make me contemplate dropping by for a night. LL was a HW maze I honestly wish I could've seen in person. And I'm a big fan of KKfOS, same goes for my parents who were a tad jealous I got to see the Orlando version. An considering we're all going to Knott's this year...I'm definitely keeping an eye on what's coming here.

I'm assuming there aren't 8 houses, but if there are, using two exact repeats would go a long way towards saving the likely still stymied budget.

Looking at the google sheet, somethings not adding up since Legacy has only given Seven clues for Hollywood.

From the clues, there's five IP's and 2 Originals. I'm not sure where discord is getting eight mazes out of seven clues.

A lot of what Hollywood and Orlando seem to be doing this year is exclusive content. Look at how clue ➃❸9❺➄ is the only one to be for both coasts so far. I think some are predicting we are getting eight mazes in Hollywood because no clues have dropped on a second shared IP for both coasts. I highly suspect there is a second shared IP for both coasts because no answer so far has led to a certain "groovy" IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.