Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda rolling my eyes at all this talk of lines & popularity, especially in regards to the GP attending HHN...

These are the same morons that will go through a maze not knowing which one they got in line for. Or knowing the difference between Upper Lot, Lower Lot, & Curious George Parking...

Most of the GP show up to the event because it's what they do every year, a lot of times not even knowing what the lineup is or remembering what last year's lineup was. Hell, most of them think they see Michael, Freddy, Jason & Leatherface every year even when only 1 or none are present.

While the lineup might not be 100% ideal, it'll still pack in the masses... but I'd be more curious about the epic merch dump we'll be getting since nearly everything Orlando currently has is NOT exclusively branded with "Universal Orlando" on it.

Every group has a group leader. That person knows what is going on more than the rest and used that info to convince others to go. There are also some unavoidable things you will see on the site when purchasing tickets, on advertisements on the way to the event, and on giant signs as you enter the park. SOME things will stick. Granted, most people are just there to have a good time and go home. Does that make them a moron?

Either way, this group leader will lead the group with this knowledge, whether it is very limited or very vast. And they will either fail spectacularly or succeed in getting their group through the mazes based on the information they do know. I'd say maybe 20% of the groups collectively as a whole are actual bumbling idiots who somehow wandered in and are just looking for an excuse to drink, while just getting in the first line they see.

But I wouldn't call the stressed-out mom trying to take her brat kids for the first time a moron -- maybe misinformed or not informed enough. Or the rich dad taking his spoiled kids by getting them FOL as they just coast through everything without a care in the world and leaving without much thought of what they had just seen. Same thing with the one friend who is genuinely into this, but is a bad group leader, or doesn't know how to navigate the park, or rally their friends together to listen. Same thing with the guy taking his girlfriend out on a date, trying to impress her, but finding out too late he is ill-prepared by the mounting lines and is just trying to make their date happy by doing whatever they want to do or taking initiative but again, realizing they needed to do their research before they come.

It's not the GP's fault the event literally needs a gameplan to successfully do anything. By most standards, logic tells us why shouldn't I be able to show up at 8pm, have some drinks, then go enjoy some scary things? Honestly, I WISH it were that way. And the day I can get all my friends on the same page to drop some cash for FOL, rest assured, I'm doing it.

These are honestly all logistics that need to be brought up in corporate meetings to simplify and streamline the event. It literally shouldn't be this complicated. It certainly isn't at Knotts (though I hate that place sometimes). Which I think is a good indicator to the averse being true. The new mazes have longer lines. The favorites have longer lines. The ones with slow throughput have longer lines. The old and decrepit are short. The ones that suck are short. I think that place is proof there is truth to that reasoning and it changes every year, not so much based on crowd flow (while it is a factor, but the main factor being popularity).

Last edited:
I kinda said this already but have all mazes open "early/at the sametime" would realllllllly help HHN.

But either Universal knows that improving the experience would result in less front of the line passes or just think it would somehow lose them money because they run this event every year and every year many fans get screwed and end up not doing most mazes unless they stay until basically closing

It wouldn't. It would complete negate the whole purpose of "early entry" and an actual start time itself. What a silly idea.

In fairness, they used to open more mazes early. They’ve rolled that back in recent years because they don’t want to pay for the labor.

And this is also why they stopped the Cast A/Cast B for everything like Orlando & other haunts still have

They haven’t had A&B for a long, long time - at least since 2016. Some roles that only appear once (like Loomis in Halloween) are de facto A/B since there are only two performers who rotate, but everyone else has more strenuous, complicated schedules.

But yes, to your point, they do this because it means they can hire fewer actors. It’s also why you tend to see the same character appear multiple times in Hollywood houses.

Reactions: Wesker69
It wouldn't. It would complete negate the whole purpose of "early entry" and an actual start time itself. What a silly idea.
I guess, but it would benefit us fans

From a fans perspective please list why it would be bad if all mazes opened at 6 PM?

It would have the parks be more even out where guests are and would allow more guests to get on mazes.

From a fans perspective please list why it would be bad if all mazes opened at 6 PM?
Yes. It would be.

I really don't want to have to show up way earlier than I have to. Let the GP be led to believe they need to get there at 7 so I can get there early, plan ahead, and do all the houses in one night. Also, they would lose money since they would have to pay the scareactors overtime.

Reactions: chris.g
Not to mention the terrible light bleed, the fact daytime guests are still in the park past 5, and the constant rush to the lower lot despite "all mazes" opening up, I'm glad it is the way it is.

Never knew Hollywood HHN didn't have a/b casts (I've never been to the event there). How do the scareactors do breaks then?

Last edited:
Never knew Hollywood HHN didn't have a/b casts (I've never been to the event there). How do the scareactors do breaks then?

Is this something new?
I worked 2019 and every role I did definitely had a double unless it was due to circumstances out of their control.
I did Frank in Monsters, Chubby, Rudy, Bibbo, Spikey, and Jumbo in Clowns, Cupid in Holidayz, Jeremiah/Tethered in US, and unless they really couldn't find anyone in Pool to replace, I was always replaced with another actor leaving the set.
Typically, depending on what role and how strenous it is, you typically see 1hr on, 1hr off or 30 on 30 off. NOW, what does end up happening sometimes is you end up with a weird set rotation where it's like 45 minutes or something. But I've only done one role like that.

Lot of treats they’re preparing for Us.

Those leaks are gonna be messy. They have a rough idea of who was sitting where.

Reactions: Joey
Status
Not open for further replies.