Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You are correct! My mistake. I wonder how many people don't realize that?
You would think that the highest-possible ticket would automatically have access to early access? Like, you’re really gonna make the high-paying people pay $10 bucks just to get a head start in houses? I can understand the confusion because that sounds really petty to me.

In general, I don't get why there isn't an VIP/RIP Daytime/Nighttime option. Furthermore, 2pm would be a nice discount ticket, but why isn't there an all day and all night ticket that is GA for both? We need more ticket options and I thought it was on the horizon considering I think it was last year or the year before that had the September Fear Pass, etc..

Unless the App is wrong....Stranger things is 90 mins and Last of Us isn't open yet......Early Entry seems to not be going that well

Edit: Last of us is now open and at 100 mins

Is the express upgrade after 11 the same price every night, and will it be available every night or is it dependent on the crowd?

It's 7:30pm and it says "no wait" for Mario Kart. Could the 2pm crowds really be that sparse? That's insane to me. Or maybe they're just not monitoring it since it's limited anyway? Will keep my eye on it.

It's 7:30pm and it says "no wait" for Mario Kart. Could the 2pm crowds really be that sparse? That's insane to me. Or maybe they're just not monitoring it since it's limited anyway? Will keep my eye on it.
It said that last night too. I think most people are sticking to the houses etc and so SNW is pretty quiet.

As FFP without early entry, we managed to do the entire upper lot and tram by 10pm. The first maze accessible was Montrous at 6:30. We didn’t get to do anything on the lower lot.

By and large, I enjoyed the mazes I got to do, but insane crowds, poor crowd management, slow moving lines, and lack of early entry are disheartening. It feels like the entire lower lot isn’t even possible at all unless you are willing to wait hours, or pay extra for that early entry (and even then, it seems like the houses are missing lots of scareactors based on reports I’ve heard)

Reactions: Clive
While TLOU and ST4 were the major hitters on night one, and still are to start off Early Access, the reviews must've spread because now Chucky has been consistently the longest line all night. It's been at 100-180minutes since 8pm and has stayed that way.
As FFP without early entry, we managed to do the entire upper lot and tram by 10pm. The first maze accessible was Montrous at 6:30. We didn’t get to do anything on the lower lot.

By and large, I enjoyed the mazes I got to do, but insane crowds, poor crowd management, slow moving lines, and lack of early entry are disheartening. It feels like the entire lower lot isn’t even possible at all unless you are willing to wait hours, or pay extra for that early entry (and even then, it seems like the houses are missing lots of scareactors based on reports I’ve heard)
Just wait until 12-2am, the lines thin down massively and are non-existent in the last thirty minutes.

Hey y'all I had a question about the 2pm day/night pass for Nintendo world. I'll be coming in from out of town in mid-october. We're doing one day with the 2pm day/night pass but I was curious, do we need to reserve time to go to nintendo world with the app or soemthing like that, or does the 2pm wristband just gets us in at anytime between 7 and 10.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey y'all I had a question about the 2pm day/night pass for Nintendo world. I'll be coming in from out of town in mid-october. We're doing one day with the 2pm day/night pass but I was curious, do we need to reserve time to go to nintendo world with the app or soemthing like that, or does the 2pm wristband just gets us in at anytime between 7 and 10.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fair question! Hard to say on whether you'll need a virtual time before Horror Nights starts. My gut says, probably not? I checked today and didn't see the virtual line requirement after 1pm or so. They may also just let you in with your 2pm ticket since Nintendo World access is explicitly advertised, but I'm not sure anyone here has confirmed that 100%. The good news is, once Horror Nights time hits, you guys are the only ones allowed inside the land from 7pm-10pm. That means the ride should be a near walk-on -- I saw a "20 minute" advertised wait (aka no wait) on the app for the entire night on Thursday. The characters will be meeting during that time, and my understanding is Toad Cafe is also open, so it should be easy to see what you'd like to see no matter what.

Reactions: c.layso
Fair question! Hard to say on whether you'll need a virtual time before Horror Nights starts. My gut says, probably not? I checked today and didn't see the virtual line requirement after 1pm or so. They may also just let you in with your 2pm ticket since Nintendo World access is explicitly advertised, but I'm not sure anyone here has confirmed that 100%. The good news is, once Horror Nights time hits, you guys are the only ones allowed inside the land from 7pm-10pm. That means the ride should be a near walk-on -- I saw a "20 minute" advertised wait (aka no wait) on the app for the entire night on Thursday. The characters will be meeting during that time, and my understanding is Toad Cafe is also open, so it should be easy to see what you'd like to see no matter what.

Awesome, thanks so much!

I went last night (Friday), which was a sold out night and I did not have express.

My experience was completely opposite to everyone else's on Thursday. I actually got into the park late to have dinner with a friend (Google says 7:55 PM), which I never do, and I still managed to see everything except for Stranger Things and the Blumhouse show. The wait times were *absurdly* inflated, more than I have ever seen. I probably should recorded the time of night but since I was lazy and didn't, but I can give the order I went instead:

Evil Dead Rise: 35 minutes (20 actual)
Monstrous: 40 minutes (25 actual)
Terror Tram: 55 minutes (25 actual)
The Exorcist Believer: 100 minutes (40 actual)
Holidayz in Hell: 55 minutes (40 actual, but see my comments)
The Purge: 12:30 AM
The Last of Us: 60 minutes (20 actual)
Universal Monsters Unmasked 15 minutes (5 actual)
Chucky Ultimate Kill Count 55 minutes (25 actual, although I walked in at 1:55 AM so it technically didn't count).

I know this is not typical, but I consider this a very, very good run and not what I was expecting. Obviously there's a lot of inefficiency in the travel here, but I don't have an issue with that if it means I can hit everything. People usually want to stay and do the mazes right next to them, but it's not necessarily the most time efficient option. Some other notes:
  • Getting through the security conga took a long time.
  • The Terror Tram ops were flying and that 25 minute wait time shocked me. This is the farthest I've ever waited in the line but also the quickest I've ever gone. *There were three stops the whole line but otherwise it was a constant walk.* Now, once you were in, the loading chutes at different parts of the path were packed, so you'd wait 5 minutes to proceed to the next section, but that's really not an issue. I rather prefer it.
  • Both Stranger Things and The Last of Us reached 180 minutes on the app.
  • Holidayz in Hell would have been a 15 minute wait at most, but they were pulsing to the extreme. I noticed express was seriously backed up and they were waiting 45 to 60 seconds between groups. I've almost never seen this at Hollywood.
  • As is typical of this event, by the end of the night, everything was a walk on, regardless of posted time. It's not unusual for me to hit all the remaining houses in the last hour.
  • I felt like express was not nearly as much of an issue this night, with the sole exception of The Exorcist. That was the only maze I went on where there was any backup for Express at all.
So there you have my data point. I have a multi-night pass so I'll be back, but I felt overall that this was much smoother than other trips I've had. If I had been there on time I could have hit every maze with ease.

EDIT: I also had a first timer with me who was an absolute trooper and kept up with my absurd pace the whole night. So kudos to him lol.

Is the early entry unofficial holding spot for Stranger Things still the same little area behind the Studio Cafe like it’s been for the past few years? Going tomorrow and I’m so used to being right there at the front of the line that I figured I’d ask if it’s changed now that SNW is open and the entrance is smack dab right there.

Weird thing I noticed, as far as I know, on Opening Night Early Access was closed as soon as 6 pm, or at the very least they had no signage and nobody directing anyone to where it was. Last night, they had both the left and right far gates being used for early access and day night combo, and they were very frequently reiterating that those were open, and they stayed open basically right up till 6:30 when normal guests went in for 7 pm opening.
Have to imagine they had a lot of complaints from others like me who showed up late on Thursday and thought they missed their window despite having paid.

Speaking of the day night pass. Do those people just wait at the lower lot waiting for the mazes to open?

In past years you can hang out where ever, but the only early entry mazes are typically lower lot so there's no real reason to be anywhere else after like 5.

IMG_0271.png

Chucky has hit the 200 minute mark. This is I believe the first house this year to hit that 200 mark.

Edit: Chucky and the other houses have now been adjusted, and while it was still the longest queue, it now airs around 100 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Freak