Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
EVIL DEAD RISE kind of proves that WB isn't avoiding Horror Nights...
Not to mention, both parks are supposed to have Texas Chainsaw this year, which regardless of one being based on the netflix movie and one not, the rights still go back to New Line at Warner Bros, so I think even this year its fairly clear this six flags focus doesn't mean HHN wont have a continuing working relationship with them.

I’m going to remind everyone that rights aren’t always tied to a studio.

Vortex, as of 2022 still held the rights to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I concur interesting development up the road at Tragic Mountain, damn if HHN had that IP line up (except Stranger Things lol).
I mean, we’ve got TCM this year. We’ve had Saw, Trick R Treat and ST in the past. The Conjuring is for sure a big get but that house is absolutely nothing to write home about, and are people really clamoring for an Army of the Dead house? (Did people even watch Army of the Dead?)

I guess I’m in the minority here of being very unimpressed by this news.

Reactions: Clive and Jake S
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I mean, we’ve got TCM this year. We’ve had Saw, Trick R Treat and ST in the past. The Conjuring is for sure a big get but that house is absolutely nothing to write home about, and are people really clamoring for an Army of the Dead house? (Did people even watch Army of the Dead?)

Probably what I was trying to say is having all those properties in the same year. I guess it will be interesting to see how Six Flags executes this. I'm not excited, but curious.

Army of the Dead was disappointing, with some rather interesting logic gaps, but it might be fun as a house.

It's less that I'm unimpressed and more that I have a feeling rooted in precedent that the people behind this event -- on the ground, actually making it work -- will not receive the resources they need to execute something satisfying.

I argue that Conjuring started off quite strong. The first three or so scenes were surprisingly good to me. But it did take a hard right turn after that. But if they could bring up the middle and final section to the standards of the opening, I think it'd be quite good.

I argue that Conjuring started off quite strong. The first three or so scenes were surprisingly good to me. But it did take a hard right turn after that. But if they could bring up the middle and final section to the standards of the opening, I think it'd be quite good.
It was the scale of the sets. It just looked worse than something I did at 15….

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
It's less that I'm unimpressed and more that I have a feeling rooted in precedent that the people behind this event -- on the ground, actually making it work -- will not receive the resources they need to execute something satisfying.
Right, yeah this is a better way to put it. I actually am impressed that it's happening for them, but not confident it will do anything to improve the experience. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong! Conjuring and SAW got me up there for the first time in a bit last year, so I'm sure it'll happen again this year.

Reactions: Clive
It feels like when something works in film, executives just clamor to have something like it, without understanding what made it work in the first place. Those IPs will generate more interest, but if the quality sucks, it will be more damaging in the long run when everyone vows to never return. HHN Hollywood knocked it out of the park in 06-09, and that’s what kept people coming back to the point now it’s just the normal thing to do in LA for Halloween. And it definitely was those initial IPs in those years that got me to go (TCM, F13, NOES). Imagine if it was terrible, I probably wouldn’t have gave them another chance until maybe now. I still haven’t returned to Fright Fest after my horrible experience in like 05 or 06. Do ya know how bad you have to be for me to not come back for almost 20 years at this point? Lmao and vice versa, how good HHN was for me to be a LOYAL fan even in its worst years? This could make or break FF.

I'm happy that at least HHN will have some competition in Southern California with another Halloween event heavily featuring IPs. More options for consumers is never a bad thing and hopefully it results in more/bigger IPs at USH. Maybe it'll even help keep costs and crowds from continuing to skyrocket (wishful thinking here).
We have dark harbor, knotts scary farm, and six flags for major haunts…. I don’t consider 17th door a major haunt but that’s also close by too.

We have dark harbor, knotts scary farm, and six flags for major haunts…. I don’t consider 17th door a major haunt but that’s also close by too.
None of them compete with USH for IPs though. Having a lineup with Conjuring, Stranger Things, Saw, etc. at half the price could definitely tip the scales for some people who only want or can only afford to go to one event per year. I love HHN for the IPs, so I'm just hopeful that seeing a local competitor really pushing itself into the IP space makes them go harder there too.

None of them compete with USH for IPs though. Having a lineup with Conjuring, Stranger Things, Saw, etc. at half the price could definitely tip the scales for some people who only want or can only afford to go to one event per year. I love HHN for the IPs, so I'm just hopeful that seeing a local competitor really pushing itself into the IP space makes them go harder there too.
Probably only six flags would be doing movies. Knotts has done movie stuff but it’s always promotional material. Forget which maze at knotts but it had a carry “ending” and evil dead 2013 on the log ride. They also did an undertaker maze like HHN which I thought was funny. Dark harbor had mazes based on the ship.

it's not half the price. it's half the price if you've already bought a six flags season pass.

It's hilarious how people put HHN on a pedestal of perfection, when it has had several flaws over the years. But give Fright Fest :poop: for just existing.

We've seen the budget tighten & suffer for HHN. We've also seen sub-par quality with IPs (usually a result of budget). Yet everyone turns a blind eye & suddenly has selective memory when another event makes an effort to try something similar to HHN 2.0 (although 2006 was more or less an "original" year).

If you haven't returned to an event in over ____ amount of years, that's on you- not the event. I had a friend from Orlando come in 2017 for their first time, not exactly a good first impression. I constantly remind them they should've gone in 2016. They still want to make another haunt trip out here, but ....budget.

Speaking of 2017, we had SAW that year. It was terrible, unlike the previous 2009 SAW house Hollywood did (which was featured on the SAW V ? bluray as a special feature extra).

HHN has its prestigious title of "movie studio", Knotts has their ego of being first... then you've got Queen Mary just sitting off to the side & watches the chaos while not worrying about competition because they have a ship :lol: