Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an awful title and logo, like so low effort I'm shocked
It looks like the two on the left are AI and the two on the right are character art. (Not confirming, just saying how it “looks,” and even if all four are character art, it is still horrendously thrown together lol) Seriously wtf is up with the marketing department this year? Even the key art for A Quiet Place is bad.

It looks like the two on the left are AI and the two on the right are character art. (Not confirming, just saying how it “looks,” and even if all four are character art, it is still horrendously thrown together lol) Seriously wtf is up with the marketing department this year? Even the key art for A Quiet Place is bad.
I agree with you about Monstruos 2 but what exactly is bad about the AQP key art? I think it looks great.

I agree with you about Monstruos 2 but what exactly is bad about the AQP key art? I think it looks great.
Personally not a fan of the nondescript random girl shushing us. I totally understand we probably didn’t land likeness rights for John, Emily or the kids, but at the very least, use the monster. And to be honest, the girl they did use could look a little more…apocalyptic-y? I don’t know, it’s just all off for me.

Personally not a fan of the nondescript random girl shushing us. I totally understand we probably didn’t land likeness rights for John, Emily or the kids, but at the very least, use the monster. And to be honest, the girl they did use could look a little more…apocalyptic-y? I don’t know, it’s just all off for me.
the mariachi skull looks straight out of an old gif. plus, I mean, we saw the john cena shirts they are selling this year....

• Haha
Reactions: DTH
Guessing the days of WB IPs at Universal are over?
*sigh* at the risk of sounding like an old man, I do miss the days when seemingly any IP could get bagged for the event (when WB, Fox, and others would all play ball).

I understand that more haunt events is better for the industry as a whole and increased competition and interest will likely lead to higher quality, but…

I miss those days.

Reactions: chris.g
Six Flags ain’t playing no games!
Think about this lineup
SAW
Conjuring Universe
Stranger Things
Army of the Dead
Trick r Treat

I am completely shocked and excited!
Good on Six Flags for getting IP but they still have a long, long, long way to go when it comes to matching what the other parks offer as an overall experience. After HHN, KSF, and OBB, it’s in a distant fourth place spot, even with these IP additions. And honestly it’s even lower on the pecking order when you throw in the non-theme park haunt events.

I can at least confirm that the Muerte art is just reused from last year and not ai. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say El Charro also isnt ai, but it's 100% just a completely different art style lol.

Good on Six Flags for getting IP but they still have a long, long, long way to go when it comes to matching what the other parks offer as an overall experience. After HHN, KSF, and OBB, it’s in a distant fourth place spot, even with these IP additions. And honestly it’s even lower on the pecking order when you throw in the non-theme park haunt events.
OBB?
And I’m giving them a fair shot for this event

I think if you're talking from a set design and production point of view, sure--they are not in the top tier yet.

I do believe they have been improving. I really didn't think Saw was that bad. To me, it seemed nearly Knott's level, but with the black walls of HHN (although to their credit, not too many).

And Conjuring actually started off pretty dang good... the first 1/3 of the maze was impressive to me. But it was the middle 1/3, with an extended portion of just shutters and no scares, and a thrown together ending that had moments but didn't really quite gel. However, if they could fix up the middle and last portion, it could be surprisingly good.

But in terms of an overall part haunt experience, I feel it's made great strides. The scare actor talent has improved a LOT. I'd argue that they're even better than Knott's in that department.

Making this a hard ticket event could also increase revenue (which means bigger and better budget for houses), and likely have better crowd and line control.

While the hard core, production appreciation crowd will (and probably should) prefer HHN, I could see all these IPs be a very large, competitive threat to HHN with the causal GP crowd--and frankly, that's the bulk of the customers.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Makes you wonder what happened and why WB is so determined to avoid working with HHN ever again..
I believe it’s moreso WB’s partnership with Six Flags parks overall. I feel like they’ve always been in cahoots. Perhaps it just made sense to license out to HHN for the right price before but maybe they crunched the numbers and found they could make more money keeping the IPs “in house” and getting a cut of the ticket sales. Unless the whole Beetlejuice thing was really that bad…

I believe it’s moreso WB’s partnership with Six Flags parks overall. I feel like they’ve always been in cahoots. Perhaps it just made sense to license out to HHN for the right price before but maybe they crunched the numbers and found they could make more money keeping the IPs “in house” and getting a cut of the ticket sales. Unless the whole Beetlejuice thing was really that bad…
even a mid event will be bringing in more money to them thats for-sure.

It's not just Six Flags, it's since 2017 when they started with the Neibolt House on Hollywood and Vine when that could easily have been at HHN.. yes, we got Shining and yes we got FVJ again for Titans of Terror that year.. but since then, WB has been determined to avoid working with HHN.. Horror Made Here, I Like Scary Movies (which gave WB an out to say "Sorry, these IPs are already in use elsewhere"), the Six Flags deal.. Creepshow only happened because of Nicotero, we all saw what happened with Beetlejuice, Exorcist only returned in 2021 because Universal now owns a piece of the IP.. and it still raises the question on how Hollywood managed to snag EDR last year when Six Flags could have easily stolen that too and forced USH to come up with something else for TWD venue..

Reactions: TableYe
It's not just Six Flags, it's since 2017 when they started with the Neibolt House on Hollywood and Vine when that could easily have been at HHN.. yes, we got Shining and yes we got FVJ again for Titans of Terror that year.. but since then, WB has been determined to avoid working with HHN.. Horror Made Here, I Like Scary Movies (which gave WB an out to say "Sorry, these IPs are already in use elsewhere"), the Six Flags deal.. Creepshow only happened because of Nicotero, we all saw what happened with Beetlejuice, Exorcist only returned in 2021 because Universal now owns a piece of the IP.. and it still raises the question on how Hollywood managed to snag EDR last year when Six Flags could have easily stolen that too and forced USH to come up with something else for TWD venue..
EVIL DEAD RISE kind of proves that WB isn't avoiding Horror Nights...

Reactions: saint.piss
Status
Not open for further replies.