Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Long time lurker and first time posting but...

(Apologies if this has been mentioned)

I went to the park and we had a huge lag on the studio tour. The tour guide started talking about the event and said "some of our mazes this year are Ghostbusters Frozen Empire, A Quiet Place, and Dracula makes his return"

Not sure if she was winging it or accidentally leaked something coming for midsummer but im stoked to see what this is gonna be.

Also wanna add she said they are giving out noise cancelling headphones for AQP. Wasnt stoked on this announcement at all but now I am interested to see how this works.

Reactions: DTH
I can’t imagine how big a pain in the ass it would be operations-wise for AQP to hand out headphones to every person. Wait times at 8 hours with operators dealing with the intoxicated, the teens, and so on. Neat idea on paper, but I just can’t see it being feasible for something as crowded as HHN…

Reactions: Jake S
I can’t imagine how big a pain in the ass it would be operations-wise for AQP to hand out headphones to every person. Wait times at 8 hours with operators dealing with the intoxicated, the teens, and so on. Neat idea on paper, but I just can’t see it being feasible for something as crowded as HHN…
Yeah, I just can’t see something like this working for Horror Nights. I’d also be concerned about removing a key sense from every guest stumbling through a series of dark corridors.

The headphones would have to have the trigger scares blasted into them and would have to be able to know where you are in the maze. I feel like a lot of people will complain about going deaf and may have issues with the location function not working properly with everything being so close quarters.

Reactions: chris.g
The headphones would have to have the trigger scares blasted into them and would have to be able to know where you are in the maze. I feel like a lot of people will complain about going deaf and may have issues with the location function not working properly with everything being so close quarters.
I wouldn’t wear em

I believe the original idea for Mesmer at KSF had headphones for each guest with Mesmer's voice "guiding" you. They very quickly determined that was not feasible lol. They couldn't even keep the pre show going for more than 2 weeks.

But I will say that interactive gadgets (for a fee, obviously) are common at these events now, so I think it might be feasible to sell special headphones that interact with many things at the park, like the lanterns at KSF. No inside info that's happening, just a blue sky thought

I believe the original idea for Mesmer at KSF had headphones for each guest with Mesmer's voice "guiding" you. They very quickly determined that was not feasible lol. They couldn't even keep the pre show going for more than 2 weeks.

But I will say that interactive gadgets (for a fee, obviously) are common at these events now, so I think it might be feasible to sell special headphones that interact with many things at the park, like the lanterns at KSF. No inside info that's happening, just a blue sky thought
Knott's has free interactive experiences in their mazes. They have the lights out stuff which is cool. And the lateen is like an upgraded version of that, the shooting mazes were ok. The guns are cool if they work!