Halloween Horror Nights 21 Reviews & Photos | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21 Reviews & Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes Universal spent Money on the pop guns at Transworlds this year. They are big in the Haunt Industry now Netherworld uses them as did a smaller haunt I went to this year. Also All those bang sticks Lady Luck's Minions used this year.

I saw them with chainsaws last night (the ones in the Hollywood area in between Grown Evil and 7) and I'm hoping that the sticks are not gone.

I hated the pop sticks that the actors were using in front of the studio store. They were not scary; they only made me ears ring for a while and annoyed me a lot. I was thankful once thet were pulled in for the night.

Sad Universal went back to the old standby Chainsaws but It is what people want to see I guess. I will say Overall the Houses were all top Notch with Not a true Throw away as in Years past. I would say for scares The Thing and H.R. Bloodnguts were the best to me. Also I noticed that Thursday was VERY slow we actually walked in WintersNight at about 6:20 with no one in Line Behind US and my average wait time was around 5-8 minutes. I guess maybe with the small crowds it made my experience one of the best i Have had at HHN in years.

I still laugh at people who say HHN Immerses you sorry unless they shut down every ride, stop selling food and Drinks and close the stores it is still like being n a theme park with Haunted Houses they even have signs that tell you there names,,lol. But I am sorry the scarezone were some of there weakest of all times and by far some of the smallest. I don't understand why they Didn't set up Lady Luck were 7 was and Move 7 to New York. There was WAY to much Dead Space. And now to my BIG complaint...BILL and Ted WTH has happened this show sucked the balls that were in those True Grits (best line of the Whole show also) Music Sucked, Jokes sucked , storyline Sucked. Really all those Huge Movies this summer and they couldn't use hardly any of them and Osama Bin Laden was just in bad taste and unfunny.

Sad Universal went back to the old standby Chainsaws but It is what people want to see I guess. I will say Overall the Houses were all top Notch with Not a true Throw away as in Years past. I would say for scares The Thing and H.R. Bloodnguts were the best to me. Also I noticed that Thursday was VERY slow we actually walked in WintersNight at about 6:20 with no one in Line Behind US and my average wait time was around 5-8 minutes. I guess maybe with the small crowds it made my experience one of the best i Have had at HHN in years.

I still laugh at people who say HHN Immerses you sorry unless they shut down every ride, stop selling food and Drinks and close the stores it is still like being n a theme park with Haunted Houses they even have signs that tell you there names,,lol. But I am sorry the scarezone were some of there weakest of all times and by far some of the smallest. I don't understand why they Didn't set up Lady Luck were 7 was and Move 7 to New York. There was WAY to much Dead Space. And now to my BIG complaint...BILL and Ted WTH has happened this show sucked the balls that were in those True Grits (best line of the Whole show also) Music Sucked, Jokes sucked , storyline Sucked. Really all those Huge Movies this summer and they couldn't use hardly any of them and Osama Bin Laden was just in bad taste and unfunny.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who hated Bill and Ted, and when it comes to those bang sticks, I'm not suprised they are gone, those were an accident, burn, in someone's ear etc... waiting to happen.

But that same costume with chainsaws to me don't fit unless they lose the trench coat.

Oh durka durka...I've given up on Bill and Ted honestly, I've never really liked it at all really...I did a survey at the end and one of my comments was more scare zones! Lady Luck could have easily been stuck in front of Disaster or (God forbid we have something at the front gate)...I do however disagree with the scare zone comment I felt they were the strongest in years...like since the Bloody Mary year 08 I believe...The houses were also quite strong. With B&T aside I really think I'm gonna like this new era of darkness...

The scarezones this year were pretty good except for Nightmaze and Your Luck Has Run Out, all of the others were great for atmosphere and SAs.

The scarezones this year were pretty good except for Nightmaze and Your Luck Has Run Out, all of the others were great for atmosphere and SAs.

At least Nightmaze tried something new. I mean I haven't seen it yet, but at least they tried to push the envelope. I can't blame them if they fail on something like that.

Oh durka durka...I've given up on Bill and Ted honestly, I've never really liked it at all really...I did a survey at the end and one of my comments was more scare zones! Lady Luck could have easily been stuck in front of Disaster or (God forbid we have something at the front gate)...I do however disagree with the scare zone comment I felt they were the strongest in years...like since the Bloody Mary year 08 I believe...The houses were also quite strong. With B&T aside I really think I'm gonna like this new era of darkness...
I disagree, the scare zones were very, very weak and jsut a step below last years.

7 & Nightmaze were a absolute waste of space, IMO. I think there is the right amount of zones I don't need one every ten feet again JMO.
Canyon while simplistic was OK, but felt really short
Luck was uninispired
Acid had good props and the projections... I felt it was to light in the area for them to be as good as they could be.
For myself Crown was the only good zone this year, and IMO one of the best in recent memory. They really brought the creatures to life.
It was said that the budget went into the houses this year and the zones where cut back... so take it for what it's worth.

--- Update ---

At least Nightmaze tried something new. I mean I haven't seen it yet, but at least they tried to push the envelope. I can't blame them if they fail on something like that.
No you can't, but...
I think a lot of people, myself included, knew it wouldn't work, HHNs is way to crowded for that concept. If they really want to do something like that set up a line and call it a house, a house with an insanely long line.:lol:

1188471-second_scruffy_2_super-(n1297298979822).jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. It's just not a good idea for HHN, considering the crowds. It would be great for a house that only sends in small groups, rather than the conga line.

We where even told in a conversation with unnamed source on our tour..Hang in back ask questions that NightMaze was not nearly what they wanted. We where also told that the crowds make it to tough to make it work right and that they didn't get to it close enough where people couldn't go by. Also 7 as a scarezone Not scary. I missed nothing in New York, The new Building for Deipicable Me really hurt that area this year. Also the reason they went with No scare Zone in Mels was because of the Death Drums which was Blah..But you throw things against a wall and see what sticks. I am sorry HHN in Past has Done Longer Scare zones You don't need amazing props you need SCARES in Scare Zones.

At one point in Nightmaze a SA closed off a wall so that about 10 people and I had to backtrack around it. That seems to be the concept they were going for, but I agree that it didn't always work. However I can't see how 7 wasn't scary...

At one point in Nightmaze a SA closed off a wall so that about 10 people and I had to backtrack around it. That seems to be the concept they were going for, but I agree that it didn't always work. However I can't see how 7 wasn't scary...

Because it's more strip club then scarezone? :lol: