Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 21 Reviews & Photos

I say one and done with HR blood n gutz it was my favorite of the houses, But it is not an icon type house and the campiness of it would be trashed by the fan boy base. Next year look for a darker ICON then they had this year.

I say one and done with HR blood n gutz it was my favorite of the houses, But it is not an icon type house and the campiness of it would be trashed by the fan boy base. Next year look for a darker ICON then they had this year.

Agreed on both. I wonder what attendance is looking like this year as well? I just don't see Lady Luck really doing it for people this year.

Nope it does seem like the event this year has a lot less buzz than in years past.

Does anyone know how bad the Hell Week crowds were last week? I also thought the marketing campaign behind this years event was very weak as well, not to mention the higher ticket prices I'm SURE is driving some people away too.

Agreed. I loved Bloodngutz, but I really don't see him as an event icon.

Nope it does seem like the event this year has a lot less buzz than in years past.

Does anyone know how bad the Hell Week crowds were last week? I also thought the marketing campaign behind this years event was very weak as well, not to mention the higher ticket prices I'm SURE is driving some people away too.
I'm not sure about other houses, but I know Nevermore has held several 120 minute waits over the past two weekends.

It gathers More interest every Year which is part of the problem. There idea is to make it a multi Night event to make more money off of souvenirs, drinks food and such.
I have been going since 97 they used to sell out late in the month and they did the event less days. Now they have huge numbers and never sell out weird huh.

This year, in hindsight, reflects my every opinion from 2006. Epic houses (with few exceptions). Epically awful streets. The only difference is that Jack makes a much better icon than Chance...I mean Stifler's mother...I mean Lady Luck.

At my high school as well there has been a lot more talk of HHN. I really don't think that the icon or theme really has anything to do with the interest level of people my age. Everyone just goes to HHN because it is HHN, it's the place to go now. The casual crowd really goes in knowing almost nothing about what the houses are or what character Universal puts at the helm of it.

Hatetofly Correct I don't think there has been a sellout since HHN 15 maybe since 13. Back preIOA HHN would have shorter lines and the night would be a sell out.

Also Since there is no other Halloween Haunt in Orlando it helps HHN to continue to get more attention. I live below Atlanta there is in the area of 20 plus haunts including Netherworld which draws guest from all over. We have numerous events Orlando has One event be it a huge event they are the only game in town which helps them a lot also. I would bet you can't find any city the size of Orlando and Tampa that doesn't have 5 plus haunts.

^ I thought they haven't sold out since IOA?

It gathers More interest every Year which is part of the problem. There idea is to make it a multi Night event to make more money off of souvenirs, drinks food and such.
I have been going since 97 they used to sell out late in the month and they did the event less days. Now they have huge numbers and never sell out weird huh.

They actually did sell out twice this year which is pretty shocking. Once on the 7th and once another time which I can't remember.

Agreed. I loved Bloodngutz, but I really don't see him as an event icon.

I'm not sure about other houses, but I know Nevermore has held several 120 minute waits over the past two weekends.

I wish they'd use Bloodngutz to host a set of straight-to-dvd/instant queue movies featuring all the B-movie houses they've made like Cleaver and Creatures.

The 7th are you sure it sold out that Night? I was in Orlando that night and the rain came that night and slowed the crowds down all weekend.

--- Update ---

This is one thing that HOS that Kicks HHN to death But HHN is about the fans not about charging 15 dollars to get in Universal a few hours early or 30 dollars to get in IOA a few hours early. Hell Even MNSSHP lets guest in starting at 4...

With HowlOScream admission you can arrive after 5:00pm and get a wristband to enjoy the coasters, select rides and get a bite to eat. Be sure to head to the back of the park around 7:00pm to get in-line for either Zombie Mortuary or Nevermore as those lines get the longest as the night goes on! All houses open at 7:30pm to guests.

I wish they'd use Bloodngutz to host a set of straight-to-dvd/instant queue movies featuring all the B-movie houses they've made like Cleaver and Creatures.

What about "Storytime With Blood'n'Gutz"? It could be a series of children books. Like The Giving Tree, Goodnight Moon, and If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.

Last edited: