Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh I thought the warehouse House both where so bad they decided to not do them so people would forget. The warehouse is so hidden sadly it is not a great location for a haunt. Well here is a plus maybe they will move Bill and Ted back to that empty theater at IOA it was a nice area to do it in.

Unfamilar with that, care to edgimicate me?
One of the brothers ins't named Jack is he?

Many a years ago, some fanboy on an old fansite decided to start a rumor that HHN 14 would be a dual park, dual theme year. Jack vs Eddie. Both sides would be at war, but both parks would offer different experiences. The kicker, that this would all take place under a giant tent.

Many a years ago, some fanboy on an old fansite decided to start a rumor that HHN 14 would be a dual park, dual theme year. Jack vs Eddie. Both sides would be at war, but both parks would offer different experiences. The kicker, that this would all take place under a giant tent.

That would give Disney's weather dome a run for its money.:lol:

That would give Disney's weather dome a run for its money.:lol:

You know, I've actually been asked why it's raining at Disney, and the same guest asking me to "turn the rain off cause we're Disney and we can do that." :lol:

Anyway, I can see HHN this year having to utilize both parks, not necessarily a dual-themed format, but both parks, using SS44 for a house in the Studios.

Well the problem with HHN 14 wasn't that it utilized both parks, but it utilized both parks poorly. You had to go back and forth, then back again to really enjoy everything. What they need to do is use 2 halves. Port of Entry and everything right, and New York and everything left. Have both entrances open to help avoid congestion, and allow guests where to start, instead of forcing them into one area and making more walking neccessary.

Then pretty much all houses would be housed in the SS except for where TNA is filmed, and if they move the tents over, they could house a couple of houses as well.

Then pretty much all houses would be housed in the SS except for where TNA is filmed, and if they move the tents over, they could house a couple of houses as well.

Tents wouldn't even have to be moved, so long as the exits are where the entrances are. In theory, though, a tent could be moved next to Carnage Warehouse.

Well the problem with HHN 14 wasn't that it utilized both parks, but it utilized both parks poorly. You had to go back and forth, then back again to really enjoy everything. What they need to do is use 2 halves. Port of Entry and everything right, and New York and everything left. Have both entrances open to help avoid congestion, and allow guests where to start, instead of forcing them into one area and making more walking neccessary.

That's what I was thinking they could do. Would be very interesting.

I think if they use IOA they almost have to use all of it to avoid major congestion on IOA's narrow walkways.

My thoughts on possible locations, again just possibilities here folks.
-SS44 (USF)
-Disaster Queue
-SS 20
-SS 23
-SS 24
-Sprung 1 behind Suess
-Carnage Warehouse
-Sprung 2 between JPRA and Dudley if Thunder Falls Terrance is not used. Or in parking lot behind Sinbad where Fright Yard was located
-JP Discovery Center
-Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges Queue
-PF Show Building

First, I don't think we are loosing the tents/parade building (they just built it)
Second, Loosing the Jaws house made me think...what if they did one extra long house instead? Or a house/maze outdoors?

First, I don't think we are loosing the tents/parade building (they just built it)
Second, Loosing the Jaws house made me think...what if they did one extra long house instead? Or a house/maze outdoors?

Maybe not lose the tents, but they could be relocated. Though, if they use some of IoA there's no need for the parade building or the tents.
I don't think they'd have an outdoor house. It'd be exposed to the elements and it would be a mess and a hassle to keep in shape.

How about the Revenge of the Mummy extended queue? It's gigantic and there's an entrance/exit door right by the Rockit Facade breakout.

Creative and nice to see people thinking out of the box but I don't think that would work. In order to use both parks or at least access both park you will need that area completely clear of any added traffic. Also the ride staff uses the red lit walkway regularly.

Hi everybody!

As soon as news broke on JAWS this past Friday I wrote an article on the matter of what might happen to HHN and posted it on (But if you missed it here you go http://designingfear.com/?p=493)

We might get 2 parks this year if not I can see it happening faster then we think.. But it wont be like 2004. I really think the event is about to get a massive make over (just like the studios but that's for another topic) and either fans will love it or hate it.

HHN is becoming really main stream lately and very basic.. No over the top storylines, no websites that make are jaws drop, no icons that we love, ect..

Its basically became a household name to the people in PR and marketing.. Its not just an Orlando base haunt, its haunt known all over the USA and some of the world.

Dont get me wrong A&D still loves the fans and will continue to think about them but if some depts got there way that wouldnt be the case.

HHN is becoming really main stream lately and very basic.. No over the top storylines, no websites that make are jaws drop, no icons that we love, ect..

Its basically became a household name to the people in PR and marketing.. Its not just an Orlando base haunt, its haunt known all over the USA and some of the world.

Dont get me wrong A&D still loves the fans and will continue to think about them but if some depts got there way that wouldnt be the case.

I see what you mean, especially with the latest icons and their marketing, but I think that HHN XXI had some of the best houses I've seen in the four years I've gone to the event, so I think quality has gone up there.

I see what you mean, especially with the latest icons and their marketing, but I think that HHN XXI had some of the best houses I've seen in the four years I've gone to the event, so I think quality has gone up there.
The houses were top notch, no doubt... the zones overall were (IMO) the worst yet. And yes I have found the past Icons really lackluster and impotent.

On the tour they said how much the marketing department has been influencing the way things are changing at HHNs, especially the FF passes and attendance.

Last edited:
Marketing has had a much bigger role then it has in the last few yrs.. You can clearly see that with the website.

I know a few details on how marketing has a bigger role but I really cant go into any big details at the current time.

Anyways I love the details in the houses but I think they need raise the level in scares.. Details dont make the houses scary, its the scareactors.. I know there some SA on this board and they do a good job but they will even tell you UO doesnt really teach people how to scare.. Hell this past yr it was all push button scares.. Only hand full of SA actually said something.. So they really couldnt ad lib.. Well I got off topic.

As I said I personally think the fans are about to get a massive wake up call with HHN.. Either you'll love it or hate the changes..

Then again I could be wrong and nothing will change.

That is why houses such as Psycho Scareapy were all time greats because the actors made the house, not the enviroment.

That is why houses such as Psycho Scareapy were all time greats because the actors made the house, not the enviroment.

So true. Those houses had some of my all-time favorite HHN moments.