Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok guys, well we have our commercial....BUT it is just a re-use from Hollywood's commercial in 2010! Wth is this marketing bs? Where is the pizazz?!?!?!
[video=vimeo;73972285]http://vimeo.com/73972285[/video]

Last edited:
Well that's interesting that they cut Shrek out of nowhere. Why the sudden change? (not that it bothers me. :lol:)

Since we now know that Kang and Kodos will be open, I hope they play some Treehouse of Horrors music around the area. Just for the occasion.

Ok guys, well we have our commercial....BUT it is just a re-use from Hollywood's commercial in 2010! Wth is this marketing bs? Where is the pizazz?!?!?!
[video=vimeo;73972285]http://vimeo.com/73972285[/video]

:bang:

Okay, now this I'm mad about.

Universal has done some great, creative commercials for Horror Nights in the past, and this year, we get...a re-hash. :down:

I pray this won't become a regular thing.

Last edited:
Well that's interesting that they cut Shrek out of nowhere. Why the sudden change? (not that it bothers me. :lol:)

Since we now know that Kang and Kodos will be open, I hope they play some Treehouse of Horrors music around the area. Just for the occasion.

:bang:

Okay, now this I'm mad about.

Universal has done some great, creative commercials for Horror Nights in the past, and this year, we get...a re-hash. :down:

I pray this won't become a regular thing.
They have new owners come with new ideas to cut cost...

I really miss the days of 2002 and 2003 when it comes to HHN adverts. Both of those years had some of the greatest commercials ever, hands down.

I particularly have strong memories of when I was watching TV late at night and The Director commercial that had the Jester with hooks in his mouth came on.

Left me shaking. And ten years later, the commercial still disturbs me.

But in comparison, this year's commercial just leaves me feeling, well, "meh".

Attendance will go down if this is the best advertising they can come up with.

I think at this point attendance will be high no matter what. Everyone knows what HHN is, nobody watches television commercials anymore, and all the important info is on the website anyway. Why bother making a solid commercial anymore?

Shrek makes more sense then ET or HMU for a few of reasons.
- Shrek takes less staff then ET, and doesn't require entertainment like HMU. (The Entertainment department is stretched out over HHN, and doesn't have a lot of HMU performers during the month due to them all doing HHN already)
- ET's entrance is blocked the the entrance to a house, and it's queue is also part of the queue plan for that house.
- HMU puts through a little under 300 people every show. If they were to bring in two teams that's a little under 600 people an hour. The idea is to get people off the streets and 600 an hour doesn't do it.

Attendance will go down if this is the best advertising they can come up with.
No it won't. At this point all they need to do is remind the locals that it's HHN season. People who travel for HHN have already made plans and the locals show up to drink regardless of how good the commercial is.

From the HHN facebook ;) I am excited!
1176255_10151657150763233_1840585546_n.jpg

To me that commercial shows that they aren't trying very hard but it will shut up the people who complain every year about how offensive the advertising is.

Since Rock the Universe has ended, and HHN is right around the corner, expect to see more props showing up in the streets as early as tomorrow.

Is there anything in this photo that isn't just a normal part of the Fear Factor set?

The lighting rigs, the two houses, the out house, the fence behind the houses, the platform above the houses and the stairs that go over the show's perimeter fence.

I'm not sure how to upload photos, but my cousin posted a picture on Facebook last night (he's a bigger HHN geek than I am) of a tank being lowered into what will be the Atlanta scarezone. You can clearly see the Transformers building in the background of the picture, it's legit. I'm not sure how he got it, but it's definitely out there! If anyone can find it and is a little more computer-savvy than me, I'm sure everyone would really like to see what I'm talking about. It looks impressive, one of the better scarezone props I've seen in a long while.