Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe they can do something similar to what they did with TWD last year, and have an AWIL house in the Disaster queue with an adjoining werewolf scarezone in London. That would be pretty cool if the London waterfront area is finished by then.

:bang: Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods are the same damn thing!! Minor, minor differences. This can't be an official lineup *crosses fingers*

Nothing is official at this point. Just very possible rumors.

BTW, one house I would love to see done would be based off the movie Thir13en Ghosts. It's probably never gonna happen, but it would be SOOO awesome...

Nothing is official at this point. Just very possible rumors.

BTW, one house I would love to see done would be based off the movie Thir13en Ghosts. It's probably never gonna happen, but it would be SOOO awesome...

Which would, pretty much, be CITWs. Given the choice I would prefer 13.

IF we do get CitW and Evil Dead I want to know one thing and one thing only.. How will they pull off the gore? HHN-O isnt known for there gore over the last few yrs.. Yes one or two scenes have been somewhat gory BUT not a whole house.

I think Murdy in Hollywood can pull it off with the gore, but the team here cant due to all the channels they go through.

:bang: Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods are the same damn thing!! Minor, minor differences. This can't be an official lineup *crosses fingers*

That was my first thought. But maybe using the third act of Cabin in the Woods as the base of the house, turning it into the dark comedy house this year. Then the elements from Evil Dead it paid homage to could serve as just the first room or even just the facade, then we get into ... different stuff.

Which would, pretty much, be CITWs. Given the choice I would prefer 13.

That's what popped the thought in my head :p And I'm a big fan of Thir13en Ghosts... so I'd also prefer it :thumbs:

IF we do get CitW and Evil Dead I want to know one thing and one thing only.. How will they pull off the gore? HHN-O isnt known for there gore over the last few yrs.. Yes one or two scenes have been somewhat gory BUT not a whole house.

I think Murdy in Hollywood can pull it off with the gore, but the team here cant due to all the channels they go through.

Wouldn't be the first time they tried something new or different. I don't think it would need to be a bloody mess in every scene, but yeah, there would be a lot of mutilation and blood in many of the scenes. I really think it would be successful with the fans. Maybe some media would make a fuss, but they'd be hypocrites because there's always been an element of gore at HHN, just maybe not in the magnitude that an Evil Dead house would bring, but it's been there, it's nothing new.

Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods are VERY different things. Cabin is satirical in nature but after the initial cabin it's self CitW goes bat **** crazy. Not that Evil Dead doesn't, but it does atleast stay in the, you know, woods.

Evil Dead and Cabin in the Woods are VERY different things. Cabin is satirical in nature but after the initial cabin it's self CitW goes bat **** crazy. Not that Evil Dead doesn't, but it does atleast stay in the, you know, woods.

I mean, very different? Not really. They do differ, but the plots are literally the same thing for the first half of either movie. The difference being one has comedic relief, and the other is just rather dark.
Yes, the endings are completely different, I agree. But out of ALL of the horror films they could make into houses, why choose two of the most similar ones for the same year? It just seems repetitive.

I personally liked CitW better than the ED remake, it was such a new concept on horror films, I loved it. I could see CitW being the comedy house this year, but I think ED should be saved for another year.

----

Question: does anyone know when reunion auditions are held? I think July? but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I mean, very different? Not really. They do differ, but the plots are literally the same thing for the first half of either movie. The difference being one has comedic relief, and the other is just rather dark.
Yes, the endings are completely different, I agree. But out of ALL of the horror films they could make into houses, why choose two of the most similar ones for the same year? It just seems repetitive.

I personally liked CitW better than the ED remake, it was such a new concept on horror films, I loved it. I could see CitW being the comedy house this year, but I think ED should be saved for another year.

----

Question: does anyone know when reunion auditions are held? I think July? but I'm not sure.

You'll get an email if you're an active TM.

I truly stand by them being very different entities. The initial setting is the same. Well before the first act of the movie they begin to differ quite a bit though. If they can convey the technicians are watching us, or even start the house story in the tech headquarters they would be displayed as completely different houses.

You'll get an email if you're an active TM.

I truly stand by them being very different entities. The initial setting is the same. Well before the first act of the movie they begin to differ quite a bit though. If they can convey the technicians are watching us, or even start the house story in the tech headquarters they would be displayed as completely different houses.

Thanks! And yeah, actually, that would be pretty cool. If they started the house off in the headquarters it would be a completely different story. I like that.

Interesting spin. Would definitely be interested in something like that. Either way... the headquarters is a must. The potential of room after room of different cliches is too awesome NOT to happen.

Interesting spin. Would definitely be interested in something like that. Either way... the headquarters is a must. The potential of room after room of different cliches is too awesome NOT to happen.

Right?! If we get Cabin in the Woods I fully expect the headquarters with all the craziness. I'd kind of like the house to extend a bit where the movies left off and for creatures to actually rise from the Hall of the Ancients, but I can see that being a logistics nightmare.

Cabin in the Woods s my dream house. So much to go off of! Imagine walking between rows of containment cubes before walking in to the lobby of HQ during the purge. I don't think Orlando could do the gore that would require justice however. But just imagine weaving between dead bodies and then elevator doors randomly opening and creatures running toward you. They could even rotate through off set doors so different creatures/actors would spill out. I love that "ding" that lets you know you are screwed in the movie. I might just cry if this is a confirmed house!!!

After the movie came out I may or may not have drawn up my own plans for a Cabin in the Woods haunt, never thinking anyone would ever build one!:pray:

Oh ye have little imagination! Do you really think we'd stay in the cabin for the entire house for CitW? Eff no. One scene, maybe two, then we transition to HQ and you have scene after hilarious scene of carnage. Spirits, Sawhead, werewolves, clowns, MERMEN, UNICORNS. How is this not awesome??? And then you wrap it all up in the sacrificial chamber with a giant Old One hand.

Oh ye have little imagination! Do you really think we'd stay in the cabin for the entire house for CitW? Eff no. One scene, maybe two, then we transition to HQ and you have scene after hilarious scene of carnage. Spirits, Sawhead, werewolves, clowns, MERMEN, UNICORNS. How is this not awesome??? And then you wrap it all up in the sacrificial chamber with a giant Old One hand.

:thumbs: There's definitely plenty of monsters/creatures for them to work with and it would be stupid to restrict the house to one location. If they pull it off right, it could be one of the coolest houses in a long time.