Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They would have to pay the extra money to the actors, and I guess the low attendance it would get during HHN wouldn't make it worth it. The last year it was open was in 2006 and from what I recall, it was a complete ghost town.

(EDIT: Got beaten to it.)

What I want to know is why not E.T.? I mean, if they're opening up Shrek... :lol:

Too many idiots with access to alcohol...

The whole Shrek thing does seem weird but at least Universal is being active in finding a remedy for last years absurd amount of crowds. Its another attraction to take people off the streets. Is it a great attraction? While it is successful in often drawing 30 minute lines (unheard of for a 3-D show, especially one with double capacity), it seems weird to think Universal actually considers Shrek and HHN's audience the same. Its extremely cheap to run/staff which most likely is the largest factor in the decision, but it also gives tired guests feeling the affects of alcohol, walking, yelling, and late hours to relax for 15 minutes. Also, Shrek drunk could be really fun....

As mentioned, T2 would be 10 times more appropriate for the crowd than shrek (plus its my favorite 3d show in all of orlando).

Attractions:

-Transformers
-RRR
-Mummy
-MIB
-Despicable Me
-Simpsons

And...

-SHREK!?

Remember that Earthquake, ET, Shrek, Jaws and Jimmy Neutron were all open every HHN night at one point. In a cost cutting procedure they realized that ridership is low and started cutting the rides one at a time. The first year they made Shrek peak nights only, then the next year cut Shrek and made Neutron peak only, then cut neutron and made Earthquake peak only, ect, ect (I don't remember the actual order of the attractions being taken out of HHN)

And probably because it's a hub for 2 houses, especially one which will no doubt be the most popular.
It's quite busy there, and ET's exterior queue is part of the queue plan for the parade building house.

As mentioned, T2 would be 10 times more appropriate for the crowd than shrek (plus its my favorite 3d show in all of orlando).
T2 is expensive to run and doesn't fill the show during the days. They are looking for something that gets people off the streets, and Shrek puts through a lot of people.

This is about using the ET queue for the parade building:
Wont happen.
insane long walk, same queue as last year.
The ET queue was part of the queue plan for last year, and will be again this year. Fortunately the line never got long enough for them to need it last year, but it's part of the plan.

To be honest with you I cant remember the last HHN that I attend that I rode a ride during the event :lol: As long as some of the rides are open to absorb some of the crowds im happy.