Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Trying to debate relative and humane decency during a show here is like trying to convince a Disney fan that The Seas' overhaul was unnecessary and did more damage than good.

Simply put, it's unwise to try and say otherwise because you've never truly been offended at a Bill and Ted show before, and I've gone to each for the past three years. If your advice is to go in with a more open mind or to numb down how things make you feel or even just to not go, you're simply missing the point because it's not you or your kin who's being targeted at these shows.

Like I said, I can take jokes. Unnecessary ridiculing based on stereotypes and minorities just leave me with a blank face until something else comes in that's mildly amusing. Also like I said, there is a fine line. Crossing it simply loses parts of your audience.

Last edited:
Trying to debate relative and humane decency during a show here is like trying to convince a Disney fan that The Seas' overhaul was unnecessary and did more damage than good.

Simply put, it's unwise to try and say otherwise because you've never truly been offended at a Bill and Ted show before, and I've gone to each for the past three years. If your advice is to go in with a more open mind or to numb down how things make you feel or even just to not go, you're simply missing the point because it's not you or your kin who's being targeted at these shows.

Like I said, I can take jokes. Unnecessary ridiculing based on stereotypes and minorities just leave me with a blank face until something else comes in that's mildly amusing. Also like I said, there is a fine line. Crossing it simply loses parts of your audience.

I think its unfair of you to assume that nobody here has been 'targeted' for a joke at B&T.....

I think its unfair of you to assume that nobody here has been 'targeted' for a joke at B&T.....

Bingo. Seriously though, can someone tell me what the homophobic jokes were in Bill & Ted last year? I'm now legitimately curious.

Bingo. Seriously though, can someone tell me what the homophobic jokes were in Bill & Ted last year? I'm now legitimately curious.

Yeah, I see no point in continuing the conversation without at least sharing the jokes. I'm racking my brain over here trying to recall them.

Also, new Evil Takes Root entry:

Hello Darkness

No one dare disturb the sound of violence…PS

[video=youtube;XeRUebSwc_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeRUebSwc_U&feature=player_embedded[/video]

AWIL, anyone?

Agreed. I'm not gay, but I'm a fairly staunch supporter of gay rights, and for the life of me I can't remember anything homophobic from the show.

AWIL, anyone?

Sounds like it. but Aiello said last night that tonight's reveal would be original.

Yeah, I see no point in continuing the conversation without at least sharing the jokes. I'm racking my brain over here trying to recall them.

Also, new Evil Takes Root entry:

AWIL, anyone?

Certainly sounds like it could be AWIL, but i don't think that's gonna be the house reveal for tonight.

Agreed. I'm not gay, but I'm a fairly staunch supporter of gay rights, and for the life of me I can't remember anything homophobic from the show.

Sounds like it. but Aiello said last night that tonight's reveal would be original.

He also hinted that the picture would be blurry, and we'd need glasses, implying 3D... AKA our mystery house.

This seems to confirm that Resident Evil will be the hold out not immediately released this week...

Yeah, he also mentioned needing "glasses" which makes it seem that we'll be getting the prison house tonight and that it'll definitely be 3D. JDW from HNN had a good theory about the order of the reveals:

Also, as this PS clue was first, my guess would be the following order for updates:

La Llorona, Our prison house, and then Havoc.

And now that AWiL has joined the Evil Takes Root story, it should be our last house of "Reveal Week" leaving Resident Evil to be announced.

It would be pretty sick if Havoc 2 becomes a 3D house of insane military experiments and stuff.

Yeah, he also mentioned needing "glasses" which makes it seem that we'll be getting the prison house tonight and that it'll definitely be 3D. JDW from HNN had a good theory about the order of the reveals:

And now that AWiL has joined the Evil Takes Root story, it should be our last house of "Reveal Week" leaving Resident Evil to be announced.

Interesting about the 3D. I had thought the prison was going to be Dead Exposure/House of Horrors esque. Hopefully it's more like In-Between than Penn and Teller.

So what else will we get this week then? Horde announcements?

12: La Llorona
13: Prison
14: Havoc
15: AWiL
16: ?????

Interesting about the 3D. I had thought the prison was going to be Dead Exposure/House of Horrors esque. Hopefully it's more like In-Between than Penn and Teller.

So what else will we get this week then? Horde announcements?

12: La Llorona
13: Prison
14: Havoc
15: AWiL
16: ?????

Icon reveal maybe? The guys at HNN seem to think that Resident Evil is being left as a "surprise house announcement" on Friday. Seems like an odd way to roll it out though. :shrug:

Icon reveal maybe? The guys at HNN seem to think that Resident Evil is being left as a "surprise house announcement" on Friday. Seems like an odd way to roll it out though. :shrug:

Aiello said there would be no Icon this year, but he could be tricking us into thinking that, so we can just get it off our chests, and be surprised at an Icon.

Here's the tweet (I think):

The question: I go to HHN every year! Do you think we will ever see a themed event with icons ala Lady Luck/Jack/Bloody Mary again?

Aiello's answer: Everything has it's time and place, my friend. The icons made this event. They will take it again one day

And another instance when someone said they missed the icons:

It's what made our event and it will return one day...

I'm really looking forward to finally experiencing La Llorona, especially after all the great buzz from Hollywood :cheers:

I also agree that the glasses hint most likely means that tonight's reveal will be for a 3D house. They've become a yearly thing at HHN, so it's a safe bet.