Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the correction SeventyOne, I don't remember seeing the headless Spiderman and that makes waaaay more sense now.

Jake they did continue using it for houses and scarezones, but it never was on the same level of that first year (fun house redo of Maximum Carnage and Pitch Black). The only house areas I think that were really good were Me Ship Me Olive, Visitor Center, and wherever Terror Caverns was.

Thanks for the correction SeventyOne, I don't remember seeing the headless Spiderman and that makes waaaay more sense now.

Jake they did continue using it for houses and scarezones, but it never was on the same level of that first year (fun house redo of Maximum Carnage and Pitch Black). The only house areas I think that were really good were Me Ship Me Olive, Visitor Center, and wherever Terror Caverns was.

Terror Caverns was in Poseidon's Fury, which is the only time it was ever used.

The Terror Mine house in PF was a great concept, but executed exceptionally badly.

Either way, I would love if for this horror nights they reuse those lanterns for something, would be interesting to use with Walking Dead maybe?

I loved that house but it may have just been because of the group I was with. We had a tall girl that was very easily distracted. I guess the attendant thought she was cute and gave her the hat. The group of 8 of us proceeded to run into just about every prop, rock, and scareactor in the place because she would constantly see something shiny and feel the need to inspect it in more detail.

I think it made a difference who got the hat. I never went through either houses with hats, but from my understanding it was very hit or miss.

Last edited:
Isn't there a problem with Rock It being there now? I remember a person saying ages ago (on fb) that the coaster being there made it pretty hard for them to make a 2 park event.

Looks like Hollywood is getting your werewolf puppets from last year. Seeing as how Murdy designed this maze two years ago and gets your super-high-quality puppets, I'm stoked to experience it.

I loved that house but it may have just been because of the group I was with. We had a tall girl that was very easily distracted. I guess the attendant thought she was cute and gave her the hat. The group of 8 of us proceeded to run into just about every prop, rock, and scareactor in the place because she would constantly see something shiny and feel the need to inspect it in more detail.

I too had a pretty great time in that maze. Although it was the most painful maze I've ever been through. No one in our group got a helmet. And I guess the others around us either ran ahead, or fell way behind because we had literally no light to see. We ran into everything. Bumping into set pieces, scraping rocks, stubbing toes. We were pretty beat up. But still had a blast. And it was terrifying when the scare actors turned on the flashlight lighting their face up right in front of mine.

Universal could use MSHI for HHN, just wouldn't be able to use Marvel characters as part of scare zones/houses. Marvel didn't like what they did with it previously and with Disney now, you could forget about it. They'd probably have to close Hogsmeade though and it wouldn't be worth it at IOA anymore. The events fits better in USF.

Did any of you see the trailer for Dracula untold? I can't see it being a maze at all

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh I wished I went to 15, that event looked just incredible

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it.

[video=youtube;IXcSCDWY0_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXcSCDWY0_E[/video]

Can't see this being a maze. AT ALL.

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it.

[video=youtube;IXcSCDWY0_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXcSCDWY0_E[/video]

Can't see this being a maze. AT ALL.

Nope. Even less so than The Mummy.

[video=youtube;83PpryYHHeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PpryYHHeY[/video]

I can see this being a maze. And it's Universal/Legendary.

Dracula Untold has already been confirmed by multiple sources. According to Murdy As Above So Bellow isn't happening due to it being a negative pick up (it was made before Universal decided to distribute it). I imagine that would be the case for Orlando as well.

Looks like Hollywood is getting your werewolf puppets from last year. Seeing as how Murdy designed this maze two years ago and gets your super-high-quality puppets, I'm stoked to experience it.

I remember the very last day one of the puppets was broken lol, or there was something wrong with it

Yeah. May have been an Iron Man head on a pole or something, as well, but the implication was clear, all the Marvel heroes are dead.

Demon Cantina might be my favorite of all time, so I disagree somewhat. But MSHI just had a generic city theme, and was nothing great. Really, JP was the only Island to lend itself to unique SZs--but they were incredible.

Dracula Untold has already been confirmed by multiple sources. According to Murdy As Above So Bellow isn't happening due to it being a negative pick up (it was made before Universal decided to distribute it). I imagine that would be the case for Orlando as well.

If it's really coming I'm predicting it'll be the stinker of the year. It's like making gladiator into a haunted house

Well I mean...no one has seen the full film. Could be more to use than what you saw from the trailer. Apparently there are witches in the film as well as Baba Yaga.