Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not surprised at FDTD... however I'm surprised it's based off the series.

The El Rey network? Seriously? The hell is that?

El Rey is what Comcast had to purchase/create to satisfy the FTC when they went and did a mega merger with some mega company (maybe NBC). There are a few other channels that had to be purchased or created as well.

Yeah I'm definitely surprised that it's based of the series. Looks like I'll go through this house not knowing what's happening around me, along with TWD because I skipped season 4 AND untold will be a mystery to everybody aswell. This sucks, if the final IP doesn't have something I'm actually familiar with then it looks like the scare zones and original houses are going to be the only places I know what's actually going on. So far it's a worse line up then 22

I think it's funny that you guys are all over FDTD and for it being "unknown". If you've seen the film, you know what's going on around you. Same characters from the film. Same premise. Same setting. It's just expanded on in the show. Mesoamerican vampires in a temple disguised as a strip club. Pretty simple.

Also, it's pretty damn smart from a business standpoint to kill three birds with one stone: a cult classic film, a new TV series on a Comcast channel, and a house that appeals to the Latino fanbase. HHN Hollywood figured out long ago that Latinos have a deep-rooted love for all things horror related and Halloween.

It seems like this will be a great opportunity for them to reuse the motor home from the previous years. I'm assuming they will recreate the facade of the Titty Twister for this.
W3Y9cV6.jpg

I have heard the house lineup will be Halloween, Clown Factory, Alien vs Predator, Walking Dead, From Dusk til Dawn, Dracula Untold, a Legendary Truth house, and some house that has to do with Thanksgiving or crows or something...take with a big grain of salt.

Alien and halloween will pretty much be the only IPs I'll be used to at horror nights since I don't have the time to watch an entire series and season of shows I'm not even interested in

I think it's funny that you guys are all over FDTD and for it being "unknown". If you've seen the film, you know what's going on around you. Same characters from the film. Same premise. Same setting. It's just expanded on in the show. Mesoamerican vampires in a temple disguised as a strip club. Pretty simple.

Also, it's pretty damn smart from a business standpoint to kill three birds with one stone: a cult classic film, a new TV series on a Comcast channel, and a house that appeals to the Latino fanbase. HHN Hollywood figured out long ago that Latinos have a deep-rooted love for all things horror related and Halloween.

Couldnt agree more. I dont know that much about the series, but am going to check it out. Clips look like they have a lot of material to draw from.

From Dusk Till Dawn Cast Talks HHN 24

[video=youtube;jn52e-vkPAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn52e-vkPAI&list=UU77UZB9PLF0_rJKkhOrmHpg[/video]

I didn't really think anything about this but now that I know it is from the show and saw the clips of the show.... well, I'm not that excited about it.

to be honest this brought my excitement for the event a little bit down. I know you cannot judge anything until you see it and the house might actually be good, But two vampire houses really is over doing it. There is just no way to see it otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean Dracula Untold is scrapped? Two vampire houses would be too much, no matter how different they are. Vampires are vampires.

well last year we had resident Evil and walking dead. I remember some people on facebook saying that they couldn't possibly have two zombie houses and that it would be too much.

(then we got two houses with cabins in the woods.... the same year)

Seems like Uni is going to make a habit of this.

I have heard the house lineup will be Halloween, Clown Factory, Alien vs Predator, Walking Dead, From Dusk til Dawn, Dracula Untold, a Legendary Truth house, and some house that has to do with Thanksgiving or crows or something...take with a big grain of salt.

If the Legendary Truth is the boogeyman/ritual house--seems likely--sounds like the living doll house lost the game of musical chairs.

Have to say, on paper, this is a pretty strong line-up.

I'm one of the few that has seen the whole 1st season. It's basically the same plot as the movie. So you won't be confused. I'm sure universal will used the whole "It's not vampires" Cause really there not. More of a hybrid of a snake. Cause their fangs are much like a snake but to the gp. There just going to call it vampires. Which in short could hurt the Dracula house if it's not good. It would be funny if Both Vampire houses shared the same SS.

I finally watched that Dracula Untold trailer. I really don't see a great house based on what's shown. Also don't forget we might get a vampire street zone as well.

The only reason I think it will be a AVP house is because it will be easier to create some predator outfits for scare actors.

No, its allegedly a legal issue with AVP and Alien being owned by different parent companies, Alien being Disney and AVP being 20th Century Fox...guess which one was easier to secure? (Again, this is secondhand info).

- - - Updated - - -

If the Legendary Truth is the boogeyman/ritual house--seems likely--sounds like the living doll house lost the game of musical chairs.

Have to say, on paper, this is a pretty strong line-up.

Yes, Legendary Truth=Codename Ritual apparently

I'm excited for FDTD regardless of whether it's the film or the series. I see it as being mostly rooms with scenes that coincide with both the film and the series with a couple of extra rooms from the series thrown in for those fans.

I'm many excited to see the facade, wonder if they will really go all out on it especially the graphic. If only it was based on the movie, I'd love to see a guy in a Tarantino mask

To be fair, the person they casted in the show. Looks closely to Tarantino.

A theory I have is it's based on the show. Well because for promotional uses first. Though think back to the original film. How do you do it without having the Gecko brothers in the house....aka You think George Clooney would give the rights for his likeness to be in horror maze. Maybe with this announcement next week we might see The Purge(Zone)