Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From @cryxwolf on Twitter:

@HorrorNightsORL 24 construction begins in the Disaster! Queue. Let's get it.

BnDv1DvIgAAW9s5.jpg:large

In the designing the fear page, this caught my attention:
The code name for the 1st maze is "Malcolm" Why? Well the hint is specific to a famous Malcolm...it will all make sense later. Stay Tuned

I did some research and found Malcolm McDowell, who played Dr. Sam Loomis in the 2007 remake of Halloween. Could this mean something?

---EDIT---

I also found that he was Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange, but, as I haven't seen the movie, I don't know if that would have any Horror Nights material.

Last edited:
I also found that he was Alex DeLarge in A Clockwork Orange, but, as I haven't seen the movie, I don't know if that would have any Horror Nights material.

Not really Clockwork Orange is a dystopian future movie, very artsy, was made by the legendary Kubrick, his most main-stream movie was The Shining. Clockwork Orange is about a gang of youths who are into ultra-violence, one night the leader (Alex) kills someone, as a result he is send to prison and due to a new psychiatric program he is reformed. The therapy has a side effect however, he is left kind of weak and unable to commit any violence, as such he can no longer defend himself ...

In any case, I highly recommend this movie, after "Eyes Wide Shut" this is Kubrick's best, followed by Dr Strangelove.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZCiROHJ0s
3 little maids from school? Japanese horror anybody? Ju-on, grudge, the ring? those are all giant IP's that could definitely fit into horror nights perfectly. In fact the ring was in all night die in 2

The fan seems to indicate something Japanese, personally, I'd love it since I am a fan of Japanese stuff, only problem is that the translation of Japanese themes to an American something usually sucks ...

Not really Clockwork Orange is a dystopian future movie, very artsy, was made by the legendary Kubrick, his most main-stream movie was The Shining. Clockwork Orange is about a gang of youths who are into ultra-violence, one night the leader (Alex) kills someone, as a result he is send to prison and due to a new psychiatric program he is reformed. The therapy has a side effect however, he is left kind of weak and unable to commit any violence, as such he can no longer defend himself ...

In any case, I highly recommend this movie, after "Eyes Wide Shut" this is Kubrick's best, followed by Dr Strangelove.

- - - Updated - - -

The fan seems to indicate something Japanese, personally, I'd love it since I am a fan of Japanese stuff, only problem is that the translation of Japanese themes to an American something usually sucks ...
Clockwork orange is definitely one of my favorite movies ever but it'll never become a horror night maze....shining on the other hand, that'd be something. I don't know about that, all those movies a listed above are awesome and it's about time a Japanese theme was in horror nights, took them long enough. Hopefully they go all out and make it like la llorona where you could swear it was a Epcot pavilion

Clockwork orange is definitely one of my favorite movies ever but it'll never become a horror night maze....shining on the other hand, that'd be something. I don't know about that, all those movies a listed above are awesome and it's about time a Japanese theme was in horror nights, took them long enough. Hopefully they go all out and make it like la llorona where you could swear it was a Epcot pavilion
Yeah La Llorona really creeped me out...in part because of the detail that made you feel like you were there

Yeah La Llorona really creeped me out...in part because of the detail that made you feel like you were there

Seriously, out of all the mazes this one freaked me out the most. The only maze I've ever seen that had another emotion going through your mind besides fear and that was sorrow. Bravo to universal for pulling off the impossible

- - - Updated - - -

From HHN Orlando's official Twitter-

"Shot an announcement video inside our archive room today! You'll see it soon!"

https://twitter.com/HorrorNightsORL/status/464588508968288257

Slim chance but imagine if this came out on the opening day of 7DMT :pound:

Seriously, out of all the mazes this one freaked me out the most. The only maze I've ever seen that had another emotion going through your mind besides fear and that was sorrow. Bravo to universal for pulling off the impossible

- - - Updated - - -

Slim chance but imagine if this came out on the opening day of 7DMT :pound:

Ehh... I feel like Universal has done better on that front. La Llorona felt like a shell relative to its Hollywood counterpart. For as maligned as Orfanage was, it was great at building that mournful atmosphere. Zombie Mortuary at Howl-O-Scream does it better than any of them, though.

Ehh... I feel like Universal has done better on that front. La Llorona felt like a shell relative to its Hollywood counterpart. For as maligned as Orfanage was, it was great at building that mournful atmosphere. Zombie Mortuary at Howl-O-Scream does it better than any of them, though.
I have the exact opposite opinion on Hollywood, yeah the puppets were cool but my god they were goofy as hell, it turned from horror to just giant women eating people, not scary at all. The orlando version was more based on the story than the myth with a redesigned llorona (looked awesome) and the atmosphere around like the underwater scene with the mirrors. Both have their highs and lows but I'll go with orlando for their amazing atmosphere and sad nature. Organage was ok but you are right it got that sad atmosphere all around it with the ashes falling and some of the kids were just disturbingly sad. Zombie mortuary was depressingly awesome too!!! I love sad houses and stuff like ju on would work perfectly for one in 24

I have the exact opposite opinion on Hollywood, yeah the puppets were cool but my god they were goofy as hell, it turned from horror to just giant women eating people, not scary at all. The orlando version was more based on the story than the myth with a redesigned llorona (looked awesome) and the atmosphere around like the underwater scene with the mirrors. Both have their highs and lows but I'll go with orlando for their amazing atmosphere and sad nature. Organage was ok but you are right it got that sad atmosphere all around it with the ashes falling and some of the kids were just disturbingly sad. Zombie mortuary was depressingly awesome too!!! I love sad houses and stuff like ju on would work perfectly for one in 24

Yet the Llorona in Orlando was Boring and Repetitive. All they did was recycle a bunch of stuff and sets from past houses, they had some repetitive hallways and only one cool scene which was the bridge and water scene. and then have girls in the house with a little bit of make up and have a horse creature at the end....

The Llorona might have been sad but scary it wasn't. The house had some atmosphere but not a lot of good scares and the sets really were nothing to write home about.
Say what you will about the puppets and how cheesy they looked but at least that house seemed entertaining. not the Soozefest that was the Orlando version....

I was pretty pissed when I realized we were not going to have any puppets.
I could go see girls with make up at any other event, at any Local haunted house, I could see what I Saw in the Orlando house at any miami local event.
the puppets at Hollywood were amazing looking, and unique, you don't see that often.

Yet the Llorona in Orlando was Boring and Repetitive. All they did was recycle a bunch of stuff and sets from past houses, they had some repetitive hallways and only one cool scene which was the bridge and water scene. and then have girls in the house with a little bit of make up and have a horse creature at the end....

The Llorona might have been sad but scary it wasn't. The house had some atmosphere but not a lot of good scares and the sets really were nothing to write home about.
Say what you will about the puppets and how cheesy they looked but at least that house seemed entertaining. not the Soozefest that was the Orlando version....

I could go see girls with make up at any other event, at any Local haunted house, I could see what I Saw in the Orlando house at any miami local event.
the puppets at Hollywood were amazing looking, and unique, you don't see that often.

Puppets=expensive.
On my first run through I was a little disappointed as well, until I went through AWIL and realized why LL did not have puppets. LL was good for what it was, you just had to temper your expectations and realize that they were using their puppets elsewhere. Personally, I will take AWIL puppets over LL puppets any day of the week.

La Llorna had a wonderful atmosphere up until you went into the swamp area, then it all fell apart. We had the most disappointing run through a house there I have ever had. It was storming and there was no one at all in line. Maybe 6 other people followed us in but we saw very few scaractors in there and the few that we did see, we saw before they knew we were there.

I don't know man that mirror scare got me pretty damn badly. I can see where your coming from, it did borrow a lot and it wasn't really memorable but it just gave me this feeling that I couldn't explain no matter how hard it tried. Just brought me back to being a kid in a Cuban household being terrified of la llorona. Maybe it's personal I don't know but I loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZCiROHJ0s
3 little maids from school? Japanese horror anybody? Ju-on, grudge, the ring? those are all giant IP's that could definitely fit into horror nights perfectly. In fact the ring was in all night die in 2

Also sung by Sideshow Bob in arguably his most iconic appearance (correct me if I'm wrong, but same episode with the first appearance of the rake gag). Treehouse of Horror house or SZ?

It seems like Dr. Jimmy's style to use a Simpsons song to refer to something other than a Simpsons house (AHS most likely), then use a non-Simpsons song to reference the Simpsons.

Also sung by Sideshow Bob in arguably his most iconic appearance (correct me if I'm wrong, but same episode with the first appearance of the rake gag). Treehouse of Horror house or SZ?

It seems like Dr. Jimmy's style to use a Simpsons song to refer to something other than a Simpsons house (AHS most likely), then use a non-Simpsons song to reference the Simpsons.
I don't get this Simpsons house rumor, it's one of those things I feel will never happen for multiple reasons