Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so i actually have never done an AP event night and the only reason why I'm doing it this year is because the two guests I'm taking won't have a day ticket so its the best option to get in the houses early....so can someone tell me the best way to do AP event and sign in and stuff outside? have never done it before!

So what's everyone's plan of action for hitting the houses? I think I'll probably go to M&M and FvJ first bc those will probably have the longest waits, but I think with how good the line up is everything has the potential to be a long wait. I have express, but I want to try to do everything without it and then go back and do them again.

so i actually have never done an AP event night and the only reason why I'm doing it this year is because the two guests I'm taking won't have a day ticket so its the best option to get in the houses early....so can someone tell me the best way to do AP event and sign in and stuff outside? have never done it before!

When we've checked in outside the park, we got there early and it really didn't take long to check in. The line was over by the bridge between City Walk and the studio...sort of like stay to the right when walking from where the new sports bar is being built as heading from there to the studios.

They had tables set up under an event type tent with lots of folks to check folks in . They checked for an AP and the RSVP and gave us wrist bands, we where then allowed to go through security again over to the right when facing the studios. They then let you in with your HHN ticket (the park was still open at this point) via an entranc over to the far right (not the normal entrance, more over by the rest rooms/guest services inside the park.

There were many employees with signs to direct back towards Battery Park/Kid Zone where we were hoarded up to wait...wait for the park to close....wait for the area to be cleared...wait for them to let us back into Kid Zone...pick a queue for one of the two houses that open first....wait for them to open the queues...but it was worth it to us. One time we had the timing great as we did the parade building first, then the first tent and we got out just in time to be able to go queue up for Halloween...the year prior, we were a bit early finishing the 2nd house which caused us to have to exit back into Kid Zone to wait to be allowed to head over by MIB for the 3rd house...

So there is a lot of waiting, but you can certainly get three houses done while it is just folks there for the AP event if you are there by the time the event starts but you will wait in these holding areas for some time if you are like us and get there early just to get checking in out of the way...I once asked my wife what's the difference between getting to say rope drop an hour early for the hopes of a short wait verses waiting in an hour queue for a popular ride...but I get it and do sort of preference to get there and be ready to go when rides/attractions/houses first open

Reactions: romo
Thank you so much for answering the open scaramonies question because I wanted to hit that too!!! I'll post a picture of myself on the "when are you going" thread right before I head off so you guys can recognize me, would really love to meet some of you and put a face to your usernames lol. My plan of action is going as such, I'm gonna do American werewolf first just to get it out of the way, that and I like having a not so scary start up house to get me going for the rest of the night. What better way than to do one I'm insanely familiar with and just love to death? I'll probably go clockwise from there (maybe stopping to see the first bill and ted) then hitting M&M at the end because it just seems appropriate. I seriously can't wait anymore the anticipation is killing me. Said this like six times throughout the week and I'll say it again, nothing matters this week besides horror nights

Wait times at TM preview night, around 11 pm. Note 25 years is the lowest wait, all the fans hit it first, definitely leaving it for last on opening night.image.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: Cole
I found they overprojected for some of the lines during preview. There also was the fact that there wasn't much for express. We went in a few 60 minute lines and were through within 20-30 minutes.

Yeah the wait times were apparently hilariously wrong. WD was up to 900 minutes....seems legit. Does the carnage return have a set time for shows or does it start randomly? If it's the latter then ughhh that's annoying. Hopefully the express lines aren't too bad, even if so I couldn't imagine not doing everything in one night with them

Yeah, I have one night with express. I badly want to see everything except TWD (who cares) and Werewolf (been there, done that) so I'm confident I can do everything, I just need to plan it all accordingly due to the two shows. I know Freddy vs Jason express will very quickly balloon alongside the regular queue, so that is 100% the first stop already.

Does the carnage return have a set time for shows or does it start randomly?
Set times.

The show did get fairly crowded so I would get there a little early though. It was interesting how they kept the traffic moving in that area. They set up barricades forming one way paths in each direction from Hollywood to Central Park.

so do we have any impressions/reviews of the houses yet?
I was just gonna ask that lol. From what I can see on twitter, Freddy vs Jason is getting insanely good reviews, some calling it one of the best HHN houses ever. M&M and insidious are also raking in the love. Doesn't seem like there's a bad house in the bunch here

I did Jack Presents, Run, Insidious and The Purge.
The scenes in Jack Presents were great! I only wish I had been going to HHN longer so I would have recognized more. This ones definitely built for the fans!

Run was good but not great, I want to do it again I feel like I kind of rushed through it and missed a lot.

Insidious was very well done, seemed very reminiscent of Halloween last year but a much darker tone.

The Purge was good, I really like how they had elements in the house and then in that arena type thing. Going from one environment to the other kind of changed things up part way through which was nice.

One thing I noticed overall and I could be wrong but it seemed like there was a much greater use of strobe lights this year. They are good for disorienting you but kind of got old for me.

Last edited:
so do we have any impressions/reviews of the houses yet?

From what I have heard "The Purge" has been receiving very mixed reviews (one reviewer said there are elements left over from the planned "Scream" house) and "The Walking Dead" seems to be getting a "meh". Beyond that, I am only hearing good things.

I'm really interested in run, want to see all the assassin's costumes very badly. Thanks S8 that was really informative. I hope it's not XX levels of stove effects, that was just obnoxious. Also thanks cooger for that too. Any word on Alice?

I'm really interested in run, want to see all the assassin's costumes very badly. Thanks S8 that was really informative. I hope it's not XX levels of stove effects, that was just obnoxious. Also thanks cooger for that too. Any word on Alice?

I have heard best 3D house they have ever done, but my source has only gone the last two years so they missed "The Inbetween". Add to that the fact that they are avid Alice fans so there may be some bias.

Please keep reviews spoiler free at the moment. The official Review thread will be going up later where you can get much more spoiler-involved.
Good point, I think I kept mine mostly spoiler free but I added the tags just in case.