Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WOW! Big difference between the the old ones and the new ones.

Also, it looks like they have used those same backgrounds for the IP posters since 2012.

I am at work so I have no access to my photos but here is what I have gathered via the interwebs:
2007 : by day
latest

by night:
6012220455_c4bf49a516_z.jpg

2008: I cannot find any good pictures.
2009 (put up with the shaky cam for the first minute, it gets better after that):

2010:
hqdefault.jpg

2011: I cannot find any good pics

2012:
dsc08891_0.jpg

2013: If the roots related to the event at all this would have been a good recent one.
Entrance-JPG.jpg

2014:
entrance-hhn.jpg

2007 has always been my favorite. I remember staying around the gate to take pics a lot of nights. it was awesome
(I dont even remember what 2006 looked like, I have no memory of that gate)

As far as this year goes, I don't mind the metal gate frames but I wish they at least paint them differently or something.
I wish they had something below the posters like they did before. between the columns.
I know it is just an entrance and it doesn't matter.

I hope they put some carnival sheets hanging around. that shouldn't be too expensive.
just some red fabric hanging from the frames or something (Maybe some carnival lights hanging too )
that could be cheap but add to the theme

Last edited:
WOW! Big difference between the the old ones and the new ones.

Also, it looks like they have used those same backgrounds for the IP posters since 2012.

2007 looks amazing. I remember thinking that last year was really boring. 2013 was my only frame of reference before that.

2007 has always been my favorite. I remember staying around the gate to take pics a lot of nights. it was awesome
(I dont even remember what 2006 looked like, I have no memory of that gate)

As far as this year goes, I don't mind the metal gate frames but I wish they at least paint them differently or something.
I wish they had something below the posters like they did before. between the columns.
I know it is just an entrance and it doesn't matter.

I hope they put some carnival sheets hanging around. that shouldn't be too expensive.
just some red fabric hanging from the frames or something (Maybe some carnival lights hanging too )
that could be cheap but add to the theme

WAJAS98, I had never really noticed that until I did all the research.

graspthesun, that is sort of the give and take of these sorts of discussion. Those of us that have been coming for a while say we want more when I think, what we really want, is for Universal to give us what they have done in the past. We remember with fondness some of the old arches, the front gate scarezone, and how that made us feel coming into the event and wish for those days back. I know it sometimes comes off as complaining, and for some people I am sure that is all it is, but for me personally it is more of a matter of, "I know you can do this and wow me, so please do this and wow me."

TheCode, that is the point I am trying to make. They can add some little touches that will make a huge difference in setting the atmosphere (as I suggested above) which will please long time fans and, more than likely, blow away newcomers who have only come because of TWD.

Reactions: Clive
WAJAS98, I had never really noticed that until I did all the research.

graspthesun, that is sort of the give and take of these sorts of discussion. Those of us that have been coming for a while say we want more when I think, what we really want, is for Universal to give us what they have done in the past. We remember with fondness some of the old arches, the front gate scarezone, and how that made us feel coming into the event and wish for those days back. I know it sometimes comes off as complaining, and for some people I am sure that is all it is, but for me personally it is more of a matter of, "I know you can do this and wow me, so please do this and wow me."

TheCode, that is the point I am trying to make. They can add some little touches that will make a huge difference in setting the atmosphere (as I suggested above) which will please long time fans and, more than likely, blow away newcomers who have only come because of TWD.

That's the thing. Universal going the extra mile for these little touches that "don't matter" stand to benefit everyone, including the average joe guest who's never attended before.

Another example that Universal listens:
(Note: this survey was not marked confidential in any way)

What is your opinion about basing a haunted house for Halloween Horror Nights 2015 on “The Walking Dead?"
  • This is a great idea. Walking Dead is awesome. It never gets old.

• This is not a good idea. Walking Dead is awesome, but It’s been done already.

• This is a bad idea and it was never a good idea.

• I have no strong opinion about this issue

I chose the 2nd option. My opinion is officially logged haha.

Another example that Universal listens:
(Note: this survey was not marked confidential in any way)

What is your opinion about basing a haunted house for Halloween Horror Nights 2015 on “The Walking Dead?"
  • This is a great idea. Walking Dead is awesome. It never gets old.

• This is not a good idea. Walking Dead is awesome, but It’s been done already.

• This is a bad idea and it was never a good idea.

• I have no strong opinion about this issue

I chose the 2nd option. My opinion is officially logged haha.

Well, sort of.

That was one of the survey options last year (and maybe the year before?) so they didn't listen that much. Really, they probably won't listen until either A) AMC ups the cost of having TWD at the event to something unmanageable B) People stop showing up or C) A&D gets to run the event instead of marketing.

I mean, if enough people click it is not a good idea we can be hopeful, but money talks more than anything else. That is not to say that I am blaming them, it's a good way to make money and they have supposedly increased the budget of the event both last year and this year.

At the very least, thank you all who are doing your part and clicking option 2 or 3.

Now, if we could get a Z-Nation house, Zombiegeddon sequel, or voodoo zombie house going, it would certainly cut through my zombie malaise.

Reactions: EddieB
EDIT: I just realized they probably didn't let Despicable Me return 1) because it didn't make sense thematically, and 2) because of the mega congestion it causes there.

Despicable Me causes no congestion during HHN. It probably has the lowest waits you'll ever see for it. But I think ANYTHING that takes people out the other lines would be a good idea to remain open.

Reactions: Eckert
Despicable Me causes no congestion during HHN. It probably has the lowest waits you'll ever see for it. But I think ANYTHING that takes people out the other lines would be a good idea to remain open.
There are usually a few rides that open only on peak nights this could end up being one of them so long as it doesn't interfere with that scarezone or house.

I kind of hope Despicable doesn't open. the lights, the noise and the lines from that ride kind of ruin the zones put in this area (like last year)

I know we have a house in Shrek anyways so there will be some noise as well, but I am king of glad despicable is closed. Specially when we have Gringotts to eat the crowds

Has Uni ever done much research in regards to non US residents attending the event. I figured that could be a factor in the certain houses / franchise being repeated without much concern.

I mean personally if I could attend every year I would as Britain has nothing remotely as good as this, it's an expensive trip for the most of the world so this year is only my second time after 2012.

The walking dead question has been used multiple times. It's probably just a&d begging for a reason not to do it anymore because it's apparently murder for them to keep making these houses

I took a couple shots of the arch this morning. I think the lights around the posters are new. Other than I didn't notice anything new. Being that tonight is preview night I think that might be it.

aiEnBXSl.jpg

yDKCbORl.jpg

Reactions: snayberry