Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eddie's original story is pretty dope. Just trailer trash who loved slasher flicks and made a homemade haunted house whom neighborhood kids burned down. Then he wanted to take over universal and he cut Jack's head off, haha.

But now he's born with Jack in 1880....? And that story goes away. I would LOVE to see Eddie's Rag Tag, burned up, trailer park haunt. Holy. Moly.

I'm not a big icon person. I get it. But after going enough times with an icon and plenty without they literally have zero effect on my overall happiness / experience. Caretaker and Director are cool. Sindy's original story is dope too.

I'd rather time effort and money go into houses and quality rather than backstory, website, fame, etc; but that's just me. I know I'm a unicorn.

Eddie's original story is pretty dope. Just trailer trash who loved slasher flicks and made a homemade haunted house whom neighborhood kids burned down. Then he wanted to take over universal and he cut Jack's head off, haha.

But now he's born with Jack in 1880....? And that story goes away. I would LOVE to see Eddie's Rag Tag, burned up, trailer park haunt. Holy. Moly.
Yeah, they really effed up his backstory.

I'm not a big icon person. I get it. But after going enough times with an icon and plenty without they literally have zero effect on my overall happiness / experience. Caretaker and Director are cool. Sindy's original story is dope too.

I'd rather time effort and money go into houses and quality rather than backstory, website, fame, etc; but that's just me. I know I'm a unicorn.
Yeah, I don't need an overriding theme either. I just want great houses. Houses that don't resemble Run 3 in any way, shape or form (I say that, but the best scare i've had of the year was in Run... although it might be the only scare i've had in that house).

how much can it cost to create an icon???.... They have to create characters for the scarezones anyways... can't see what the problem would be with creating a character that would serve as the Icon

That Voodoo lady from last year could have EASILY been the icon for last year.... easily.

same with a backstory what would the price of something like that be? wouldn't that just be given to someone in creative to come up with?

the website does cost but they stopped making games for the site, so, again... what would the price of an icon and a backstory be?

I was just in line for Purge and it closed. They encouraged everyone to leave said they had no idea if/when it would reopen. Never seen that before for HHN. Something must have happened.

how much can it cost to create an icon???.... They have to create characters for the scarezones anyways... can't see what the problem would be with creating a character that would serve as the Icon

That Voodoo lady from last year could have EASILY been the icon for last year.... easily.

same with a backstory what would the price of something like that be? wouldn't that just be given to someone in creative to come up with?

the website does cost but they stopped making games for the site, so, again... what would the price of an icon and a backstory be?

The voodoo queen lasted for a week. So her being an icon is not really a good argument.

Characters created for scare zones don't have extensive backgrounds nor do they need to be marketable / go thru marketing approvals.

I just think icons are a lot of time and effort (time is money=cost) for not a lot of impact / effect.

I'm a house junkie. If they pumped every dime into just houses - shitty marketing shitty merch shitty streets but the houses got all the funding/money - id be the happiest boy in the world. And I know I'm different in that regard.

I just don't see the need / love of icons. I think they're a waste of resources.

The voodoo queen lasted for a week. So her being an icon is not really a good argument.

Characters created for scare zones don't have extensive backgrounds nor do they need to be marketable / go thru marketing approvals.

I just think icons are a lot of time and effort (time is money=cost) for not a lot of impact / effect.

I'm a house junkie. If they pumped every dime into just houses - shitty marketing shitty merch shitty streets but the houses got all the funding/money - id be the happiest boy in the world. And I know I'm different in that regard.

I just don't see the need / love of icons. I think they're a waste of resources.
An Icon or and big IPs are essential. It gets people talking and going to the event.I feel like that's what separates Halloscream from Horrornights, the marketing for HHN is far superior. It puts faces,emotions and characters to an event. Thats like reading a book without a title. Every house is a chapter and the title is the icon.

Reactions: Cole
An Icon or and big IPs are essential. It gets people talking and going to the event.I feel like that's what separates Halloscream from Horrornights, the marketing for HHN is far superior. It puts faces,emotions and characters to an event. Thats like reading a book without a title. Every house is a chapter and the title is the icon.
Completely agree 100%. The avengers concept would be phenominal and since there are 9 houses. Each icon (along with Eddie and a couple new ones) could get their own house to a degree. But what are we talking about HHN 30 for? But back to icons I definitely think this year could be a new era for them returning. Story and website wise? Idk but I think with how successful jack was and the fan base claiming for them, they'd be foolish not to make one. On the topic of houses coming back I would love to see them ONLY if they have improvements in make up and overall design, a revisited as you will. Also I'm so down for a new story for Eddie. He's my jam

I was just in line for Purge and it closed. They encouraged everyone to leave said they had no idea if/when it would reopen. Never seen that before for HHN. Something must have happened.

Generally when this happens, something happened in the house either to a guest or a scareactor. Sometimes it's as simple as a guest was really drunk and barfed in the house so they have to clean it up. One year (can't remember when),a house closed for like an hour because a guest ran (or conga lined, I guess) into a wall and was bleeding. When an accident deals with bodily fluids, it's considered a hazmat situation so they have to shut down, assess, and properly clean up.
If something happens to a scareactor, they generally just leave their post. But if they were to get seriously injured or something of the sort, that would most likely lead to a shut down in order to assess the situation and take the necessary steps to care for the actor and clean up (if necessary).
I can ask my source if he heard anything since he was working last night and let you know if I find out anything.

Reactions: s8film40

The voodoo show might have been cancelled but she was still there most nights.

And who says they need a very extensive background? I'm just saying
Coming up with an icon shouldn't be that hard. Doesn't have to be

Let marketing come up with it lol. People probably don't care about a big backstory, just a cool looking character for the billboards and shirts.

If HOS can come up with simple icons for their event why can't uni?

So if you were in charge of hhn, you would get rid of all scsrezones and shows? Nothing in the streets whatsoever?
Jeez..... That's depressing lol

An Icon and a Big IP are two totally different beasts. A Big IP does not have to be created.

HHN has superior marketing, of course, because of money. But Howl-O-Scream has icons every year. an icon does not mean good. It does not mean success. It is not an indication of quality. ALSO, there a plenty of folks who say HOS is better due to scares/actor quality - which, for a lot of folks, is what haunts boil down to.

Every house is a chapter and the title is the icon? Explain the Caretakers relation to PrimEVIL them....? Or Fear Factor?

Pretty sure the book you're going to has a title - it's called Halloween Horror Nights

Like I've said before - I prefer an overall theme a la 14 "What's your Breaking Point?"

The voodoo show might have been cancelled but she was still there most nights.

And who says they need a very extensive background? I'm just saying
Coming up with an icon shouldn't be that hard. Doesn't have to be

Let marketing come up with it lol. People probably don't care about a big backstory, just a cool looking character for the billboards and shirts.

If HOS can come up with simple icons for their event why can't uni?

So if you were in charge of hhn, you would get rid of all scsrezones and shows? Nothing in the streets whatsoever?
Jeez..... That's depressing lol

Who says they need extensive backgrounds? Uhm. The fans. The general public. If you introduce a figure head you have to explain WHY. bc this is west, not the east. There's a reason why horror is so different in the cultures. We want a WHY and need explanations for everything. An example: Why a lot of people hate Prometheus. Because of all the unanswered questions...

I never said universal couldn't come up w icons. I just think they're pointless and a good one hasn't been introduced since 2003. And it's up for conjecture if he's even any good because his house had nothing to do with him making movies. It was a way to get movie villains in the park (very Silver Screams)

Let marketing come up with it? Oh! Because everyone just LOVES their work w Walking Dead and how they butchered Lady Luck.

End of the Day: this is a HUGE coorporation now. And this event is MASSIVE. Any "icon" or figurehead is gonna go have to go thru many departments, many approvals, and in my opinion they aren't worth the time or effort.

HOS isn't backed by Comcast. And are you really wanting HoS icons for HHN? Some chick in a rock band? Ok.

I never said I would have "nothing" in the streets if I was in charge of the event. I'm saying my focus would be houses. Streets are for atmosphere and glorified photo opportunities thanks to the way culture has evolved.

I would rather walk out of the most amazing, effects laden, actor filled, detailed haunted house into a street filled with fog and just music, then exit a mediocre house into a street filled w actors. Because there is nothing scary about Streets.

I think a lot of folks clamor and wish for better marketing or anticipation or build-up ALA, HHN HOLLYWOOD. Go to Hollywood. Tell me their event compares to Orlando. You cannot. It's a razzle dazzle.

Reactions: graspthesun
could've been anything. Someone throwing up would certainly cause a closure, scareactor injuries/altercations inside the house, a small fire, etc, etc). Lots of things go into these houses, i've seen a lot of crazy stuff happen in my time working for haunts.

could've been anything. Someone throwing up would certainly cause a closure, scareactor injuries/altercations inside the house, a small fire, etc, etc). Lots of things go into these houses, i've seen a lot of crazy stuff happen in my time working for haunts.
Yeah I was kind of surprised. I've seen a lot of things, cleaning up vomit, fixing parts of the house etc. and seen them work around it and keep it open. Seemed kind of serious and the fact they were saying "if it reopens". Probably wasn't anything, but it was interesting to see them dump the whole queue into the Waliing Dead exit

This is amazing, Keaton you are the man!!!! I love how much HHN is giving to the fanbase. The responses to tweets, re-sharing awesome fan photos, hell I posted fan art on Instagram the other day and they liked my posts!!!! This is how theme parks were meant to do social media, the amount of love and consideration given to everyone (locally famous or not) is truly a wonderful thing to behold. So friggin awesome

This is amazing, Keaton you are the man!!!! I love how much HHN is giving to the fanbase. The responses to tweets, re-sharing awesome fan photos, hell I posted fan art on Instagram the other day and they liked my posts!!!! This is how theme parks were meant to do social media, the amount of love and consideration given to everyone (locally famous or not) is truly a wonderful thing to behold. So friggin awesome

now if they could just only do a better job with the hhn website... lol

Well with so many IPs, the only thing the website would benefit on today's event is the backstories to the 4-5 original houses. I miss the days of the fun games and clues but sadly its pretty pointless now