Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

I thought the theory behind the Tervis being pulled is that they were selling too fast. Now they are discounting them to clear them out, when there were a couple of weeks they could have been selling inventory at full price?

Today I was walking in the park going to see the Jack show and some weirdo in a blue shirt was hitting people with his elbows , he almost threw me to the floor. I turned around and noticed he hit at least 4 more people on his path, I've never seen anyone do that lol, wtf. Like some kind of game to hit people.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is the kind of person to mess with the actors. just find it bizarre that someone would do something like that, just so weird.

The only reason people think it was an issue with the Caretaker is because the day before, Groupon put out an advertised special for an Orlando-area Haunted House called "The Caretaker". The Universal AP Group on Facebook put the two together and thought they had solved a mystery.

I think it was hit or miss earlier but lately I have noticed that at least most of them have them as of my more recent trips. Perhaps they tried it on some, saw sales skyrocket because swiping a card doesn't equate to spending money in some peoples minds, or at least they don't keep track as well and expanded the carts that had it.

And also to people pregaming, they should not let in visibly drunk people because if you are showing up that loaded I feel like you are up to no good. If you piss of the drunk people that can't keep themselves composed then good, I hope they don't come back. Also security should use a metal detector son all the plant potters and confiscate all the pocket knifes that people hide there. I have gone with a friend of a friend that remembers he has a knife on him in front of the movie theater, is too lazy to go back to the car, and has successfully in back to back years hidden the knife in citywalk and retrieved it at the end of the night.

To your point on pregaming, a couple Fridays back I went to the Harbor Nights event at Portofino Bay where it is basically open bar for 2.5 hours. I had a number of drinks and had a pretty good buzz going by the end of the event and went over to HHN around 9pm via the boat as planned to hit some houses and shows and sober up. I wouldn't say I was drunk but security at the front did ask me if I was ok and if I had had anything to drink. I told them I had a few drinks but not too many. They asked to see my ID and called over another person who just asked me how I was doing. I told him fine and he let me through. Based on that experience I'd say that security is looking for drunks entering the event. I'd imagine you'd have to look pretty rough or be acting like a jackass as well before they'd actually deny you entrance though.

The only reason people think it was an issue with the Caretaker is because the day before, Groupon put out an advertised special for an Orlando-area Haunted House called "The Caretaker". The Universal AP Group on Facebook put the two together and thought they had solved a mystery.

That wasn't the problem, but the problem was with The Caretaker. There are a lot of politics in this (stupid) decision that will cause waves if the full story were to be posted.

I have never seen them do that before, but I have seen people pregame super hard at Fat Tuesdays. My rule for there is one hurricane and that's it pre-HHN night. Nascar used to be a pretty popular place when they had the buy one drink get one free which was super nice.

So with HHN25 almost over, here are a few things I'm hoping to see for HHN26.

-I LOVE the Jack vs. Eddie idea. It makes a lot of sense to finally give Eddie some of the spotlight he deserves. He's tired of his brother Jack getting all the HHN glory and love so he's out for his head. Plus Universal can continue that VS. house trend.

-Obviously no more Walking Dead. But I'd be shocked if it wasn't back. I kind of hope they leave The Purge alone too, but with a new movie coming I can see them bringing it back. The house this year despite being mediocre at best has gotten super long waits.

-I hope after the Scream talks fell through they continued to talk it out in the hopes for getting it for 26. It's a classic horror film and franchise and I was SUPER excited for that house, I hope we get it done at some point.

-I'd like to see some sequels to other past HHN originals not just Body Collectors and RUN. Nightingales would be great.

-I'd prefer there be no 3-D house.

-Finally, the biggest long shot. Make it dual park. USF is struggling to handle these massive HHN crowds some nights. It's not just about lines, but the insane amount of traffic within the park. Multiple times this year I've almost lost my group in the crowds and when we did a big work outing we did lose people over and over. Spread them out. Maybe with the Disaster queue no longer being available and possible KidZone demolition coming they may be forced to do something new, my hope is we see HHN return to IOA in some form but I doubt it still.

So with HHN25 almost over, here are a few things I'm hoping to see for HHN26.

-I LOVE the Jack vs. Eddie idea. It makes a lot of sense to finally give Eddie some of the spotlight he deserves. He's tired of his brother Jack getting all the HHN glory and love so he's out for his head. Plus Universal can continue that VS. house trend.

-Obviously no more Walking Dead. But I'd be shocked if it wasn't back. I kind of hope they leave The Purge alone too, but with a new movie coming I can see them bringing it back. The house this year despite being mediocre at best has gotten super long waits.

-I hope after the Scream talks fell through they continued to talk it out in the hopes for getting it for 26. It's a classic horror film and franchise and I was SUPER excited for that house, I hope we get it done at some point.

-I'd like to see some sequels to other past HHN originals not just Body Collectors and RUN. Nightingales would be great.

-I'd prefer there be no 3-D house.

-Finally, the biggest long shot. Make it dual park. USF is struggling to handle these massive HHN crowds some nights. It's not just about lines, but the insane amount of traffic within the park. Multiple times this year I've almost lost my group in the crowds and when we did a big work outing we did lose people over and over. Spread them out. Maybe with the Disaster queue no longer being available and possible KidZone demolition coming they may be forced to do something new, my hope is we see HHN return to IOA in some form but I doubt it still.

Couldn't wait til Nov 2nd, huh? :lol:

To your point on pregaming, a couple Fridays back I went to the Harbor Nights event at Portofino Bay where it is basically open bar for 2.5 hours. I had a number of drinks and had a pretty good buzz going by the end of the event and went over to HHN around 9pm via the boat as planned to hit some houses and shows and sober up. I wouldn't say I was drunk but security at the front did ask me if I was ok and if I had had anything to drink. I told them I had a few drinks but not too many. They asked to see my ID and called over another person who just asked me how I was doing. I told him fine and he let me through. Based on that experience I'd say that security is looking for drunks entering the event. I'd imagine you'd have to look pretty rough or be acting like a jackass as well before they'd actually deny you entrance though.

I noticed something else last night.
The coordinators in some of the zones weren't standing still in one place, but were walking back and forth in the zones, I don't recall them ever doing that.

I noticed something else last night.
The coordinators in some of the zones weren't standing still in one place, but were walking back and forth in the zones, I don't recall them ever doing that.

This sounds like a reaction to the negative posts on here about abusive guests. But of course, no one from UC or A&D or Marketing ever takes a peek at this website... ;););)

And also to people pregaming, they should not let in visibly drunk people because if you are showing up that loaded I feel like you are up to no good. If you piss of the drunk people that can't keep themselves composed then good, I hope they don't come back. Also security should use a metal detector son all the plant potters and confiscate all the pocket knifes that people hide there. I have gone with a friend of a friend that remembers he has a knife on him in front of the movie theater, is too lazy to go back to the car, and has successfully in back to back years hidden the knife in citywalk and retrieved it at the end of the night.
Years ago in high school, I went to the event with some friends, most of which I still see regularly, but this one guy who I didn't know all that well was there and he pre-gamed pretty hard for a 17-18 year old. He hard 3 Four Locos on our 1.5 trip up. Normally I make fun of people drinking four locos because it's such a high school thing. But drinking 3 of those things in a short period of time? He was messed up before we even got in the garage. I'm talking he peed on the side of the road TWICE before we even got in. Once we stopped on the side of the highway for the fool because he wouldn't let up and as we were in deep traffic to get into the garage, he jumps out of the car and peed by the sidewalk over to the Hard Rock Hotel. Yep, that happened.

So we get in and he's immediately got all the liquid courage in the world, being stupidly confrontational. I kept going up behind people thinking he was being... well I don't know what he was thinking. But he kept doing that until he got punched. No matter though, drunk man gonna keep on going. So we get into the park and he lights up a blunt and wasn't assaulting actors, but was messing with them a lot. He eventually got arrested.

Moral of the story, don't do that. But also, drunks will be drunks and asshats will be asshats. Universal cannot control every asshat or drunk at the event before something happens, it's virtually impossible.

The only way they can possibly fix the streets issue is by expanding to two parks imo. It would relax the crowds on the streets immensely, resulting in easier monitoring and less assault. Otherwise, the park is just going to act as a balloon, continuing to fill up more and more before it finally pops.