Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last year, I used Lucy and Finn's S&S locations. Lucy allowed us into FDTD and Finn's let us into AvP. What were the advantages to the other S&S locations? I remember being told that I couldn't do it in Springfield last year because that was for passholders only.

Based on the last few years, the pass holder event has been on the Friday and Saturday of the 2nd week. So, I assume you were there on one of those nights. My understanding is that for the other nights, there is a stay and scream in the Kid's Zone area.

I personally think the pass holder event is the best for it really gives you a chance to catch the three houses back ther (if they continue it as years past). Anyway, what I noticed the last couple of years is that, even if they let the general public in early, they still keep the three houses back there blocked off until the official opening time.

I have no idea if they do this on non-pass holder nights but I do know that we have done Flynns before and it did help us get in two sound stage houses, but the general public (non-stay and scream) got into the other sound stages before we finished two houses...so, to me, it seemed the pass holder event got us three houses before the event opened while Flynn's only got us two, but I imagine the night and strategy can play a large roll in any of this.

ok can someone explain something to me..... i understand that houses get cut and quick changes have to be made...ive seen it plenty over the years for the best and the worst....but my question is IF its scream and they already went through the whole treatment of the maze and the approval and construction...how 40 days or so before the event does it not go through?? Wouldn't they get the rights for the maze before they even begin to wright the treatment....and then to even go into construction...

Im just trying to understand how it happens if someone could shed a light on it...id be grateful!!!!:cheers:

Reactions: Horrornightsste
ok can someone explain something to me..... i understand that houses get cut and quick changes have to be made...ive seen it plenty over the years for the best and the worst....but my question is IF its scream and they already went through the whole treatment of the maze and the approval and construction...how 40 days or so before the event does it not go through?? Wouldn't they get the rights for the maze before they even begin to wright the treatment....and then to even go into construction...

Im just trying to understand how it happens if someone could shed a light on it...id be grateful!!!!:cheers:

Marketing gets approval on something they feel is better and easier to sell. It is that simple.

I am not sure it has ever happened 40 days out, but 60-90 seems possible.

So u our saying marketing just want to change it just because it's easier?

Easier from a popularity standpoint.

Marketing didn't pick this. They were forced to act.

I didn't give the myriad of possible answers, I gave the most common. I don't even know what exactly you guys are speaking of specifically. Marketing pulls rabbits out of their hat every so often.

It seems too, that A&D is given a few bones of original and those are off limits to swaps. That's my take, and it is a pretty accurate take.

I have no problem whatsoever if Scream is being pulled for an original. And if this is all nothing, it's moot. I'm planning to have a great time no matter what.

I'm so confused now. So Scream has potentially been cut and replaced with a new more popular IP?

Also what did House of Horrors replace in 2012?