Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree. Have you posted your thoughts on twitter to @UniversalORL and @HorrorNightsORL yet? They seem to be listening to some degree.

I did, actually. My thought was pretty simple: let A&D write some neat backstories for the original content, or god forbid the event as a whole (Jack + the houses/zones), and then let us read it. Doesn't have to be a whole fancy interactive thing like in year's past... a graphic and some text.

(I know we're going to get a paragraph of description with each house/zone. I'm talking lore and context beyond that.)

Reactions: Cole
I did, actually. My thought was pretty simple: let A&D write some neat backstories for the original content, or god forbid the event as a whole (Jack + the houses/zones), and then let us read it. Doesn't have to be a whole fancy interactive thing like in year's past... a graphic and some text.

(I know we're going to get a paragraph of description with each house/zone. I'm talking lore and context beyond that.)

I actually had a convo with @Captain Tom about that after we wrapped up the last podcast. It's his first time and we were discussing the fervor of fans wanting an update. I came to the conclusion that it's been different in recent years because the haunt season for the die-hards really kicks-off around June. In the past, we had the site updates with a backstory and whatnot to hold us over til the full announcement. Now with really nothing keeping the die-hards busy, they're craving for some update and want something to hold them over. Obviously this year, it was a bit more evident with the delay.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
I'm just curious if they are going to have a tie in at all with all of these houses and Jack.... I hope we have some kind of background story like we have in years past.....

And here is question what would u change in AWIL? was an amazing house and am actually ok with Goin through it again

I would just like atleast a paragraph on why jacks back just to add to the lore. "He's back" just disappoints fans and I know A&D is beyond talented enough to do it, just for fun. I agree completely with Brian, we die hards aren't getting the appetizers to the main course we are desperately craving. It's been 4 years since the last story and even then it was Lady Luck.....nuff said lol. Just do this for us, please? But in other good news, all the IP houses are announced!!! They can bring on the originals now without worries. 30 days till the event everybody, we're in it for the long run

I would just like atleast a paragraph on why jacks back just to add to the lore. "He's back" just disappoints fans and I know A&D is beyond talented enough to do it, just for fun. I agree completely with Brian, we die hards aren't getting the appetizers to the main course we are desperately craving. It's been 4 years since the last story and even then it was Lady Luck.....nuff said lol. Just do this for us, please? But in other good news, all the IP houses are announced!!! They can bring on the originals now without worries. 30 days till the event everybody, we're in it for the long run

Have they announced AWIL yet?

I wish they would do a The Last of Us house one of these years... Maybe once TWD finally leaves.

If they ever did The Last Of Us, I could see them waiting until the movie is set to be released, which is looking like sometime in 2017. Even if they base it on the game, I could see the IP rights holder (Sony in this case for both the game and upcoming movie I believe) would probably want to use it as a cross promotional opportunity.

Reactions: amanda and Nick
You are so bright.
I booked my flight and hotel in February. Am I supposed to just eat the cost of my whole trip because Universal can't put a decent show together this year?

Apparently you have a time machine and have been to the future to find out the show wasn't good this year...so maybe use that? :tongue:

You are so bright.
I booked my flight and hotel in February. Am I supposed to just eat the cost of my whole trip because Universal can't put a decent show together this year?

Wow, you're going to judge it when it's not even finished yet. I'm actually super excited to go next month. I have faith in Universal and I know they will put on a great show.

You are so bright.

You could wait to see what the lineup is... many (most) do...

I knew what the lineup was when I booked. I don't love it (again, would've preferred something along the lines of Sweet 16), but there's a lot of good stuff here I still want to see. I'm not going to spend the trip complaining how I wish there was more of a backstory or this or that... I'm going in with scaled expectations and I'm going to have a lot of fun. If you going into something thinking "this is going to blow!," well, self-fulfilling prophecy.

Skip already pointed out that you have no idea what the actual quality of the haunts will be, but more than that, what were you really expecting? A sudden return to the days of old? A freaking Doctor Who house?

Apparently you have a time machine and have been to the future to find out the show wasn't good this year...so maybe use that? :tongue:
I don't really need a time machine to know that I'm not that interested in the houses they chose to create. There is only 1 maybe 2 on the whole list that I actually want to see. So using your logic, I have to see what I have no interest in just because they produce it?

I don't really need a time machine to know that I'm not that interested in the houses they chose to create. There is only 1 maybe 2 on the whole list that I actually want to see. So using your logic, I have to see what I have no interest in just because they produce it?

I really don't know what to tell you. You bought everything nearly a year in advance. It's not Universal's fault you're not into the lineup.