Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't really need a time machine to know that I'm not that interested in the houses they chose to create. There is only 1 maybe 2 on the whole list that I actually want to see. So using your logic, I have to see what I have no interest in just because they produce it?

So they're supposed to choose houses that will only cater to your tastes? You can still have a good time. I understand your displeasure about their choices, but since your trip is booked. Just go and try to have the best time you can.

It would be cool if you could buy tickets to an opening day premier of a summer blockbuster at the theater, but you only find out for sure which movie you're going to see 1 month in advance.

If you booked so far in advance, that's your fault. Should've waited to see if the houses cater to your tastes.

As for me, FvJ and Insidious sound amazing. They will be great no doubt. TWD is tiring and I'm not really interested, but it's to be expected at this point and having 9 houses helps make up for it. I'll give Purge a pass because it was last second. I was super pumped to see how they did Scream after Halloween last year though. I think this is shaping up to be a good year, probably better than last year except for maybe Halloween. Especially if AWIL is anywhere near as good as it was two years ago.

I know for a fact I'm not the only 1 displeased with the lineup. I'm one of the few willing to to openly to discuss this matter on here with you. It is very clear that any remotely negative discussion in regards to the event doesn't go over so well here on this site apparently. But you know what, I wouldn't have even gone into it any further if it wasn't for the guy and his smart comment a ways back along with the 4 "likes" he got. That shows the kind of people you have hanging out on here.

When you live halfway across the country, you kinda half to plan a little more ahead than a few weeks. Not to mention that in the past anyways the cost of the flights are generally significantly cheaper when you purchase them in advance. However, none of this really matters.

Universal had an opportunity to make this year epic and they failed right out of the gate already. No one is going to tell me that marketing has done a good job. I dare you to. Please! Furthermore, the Scream debacle shouldn't have happened... period. How could they let that happen? Why? Regardless of what you say... many of you know deep down that this year's house list is lackluster.

This year may not totally suck. It may even be good. But going into it so far, it is definitely leaving an awful taste in my mouth. So for God's sake let this month get over with and let the damn event start already.

Edit: It's funny that everyone is like... it's your fault for not booking your trip until you knew what the lineup was.... We aren't going to have the official full reveal until the end of August. If I waited until that point there would be no seats for the flights I'd need and the hotel I'd stay out would be sold out. But your advice makes perfect sense right?

Last edited:
*cracks knuckles*

I know for a fact I'm not the only 1 displeased with the lineup.

I don't doubt it. Not everything is going to please everyone.

I'm one of the few willing to to openly to discuss this matter on here with you. It is very clear that any remotely negative discussion in regards to the event doesn't go over so well here on this site apparently.

I don't really care about not liking the lineup. The thing I find funny is the temper tantrum you're throwing because you booked your trip 7 months ago. It was a gamble. Don't blame Universal because you did that.

Universal had an opportunity to make this year epic and they failed right out of the gate already.

No. They failed for you. Me? I'm quite looking forward to this year. Definitely my most anticipated house lineup since my first year in 2011.

No one is going to tell me that marketing has done a good job. I dare you to. Please!

No, they haven't. But I couldn't care less about the marketing. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the event. Doesn't matter what the commercials and hype videos are like as long as the product in the park is good.

Furthermore, the Scream debacle shouldn't have happened... period. How could they let that happen? Why?

**** happens. Personally I prefer the Purge anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Regardless of what you say... many of you know deep down that this year's house list is lackluster.

Okay, Freud.

This year may not totally suck. It may even be good. But going into it so far, it is definitely leaving an awful taste in my mouth. So for God's sake let this month get over with and let the damn event start already.

Again, sorry you don't like the lineup.

Why is it so bad exactly? You've done nothing but go on about how horrible Universal is doing when all the details are not even out there. Do you not like Jason and Freddy? That is your problem, they are horror film icons and a major draw to people. Insidious? The house was considered one of the best done at Hollywood HHN and the Orlando crew doing their own version is exciting to me, despite the fact I've not seen a single film in that franchise. It's just keeping your mind open and waiting to see what happens before calling something a failure. The Walking Dead? At this point, it isn't even worth discussing anymore. Everyone knows it's here to stay and if you booked in advance and are upset about TWD then I'm sorry but that is on you, since it was kind of obvious it would be here. Not to be rude.

Nobody knows the details of the Scream debacle. We can't pin it solely on Universal, especially when things point to the IP holders being difficult to work with. That is just something that happens when you play with outside IPs, the more people involved, the more difficult things can be to get done.

We don't know details about the other houses yet either and outside of AWIL they will all be original, which is exciting. Universal may have a backstory for Jack's return and other things, we just don't know yet because they aren't ready to give us final details of the event. You have a right to voice concern over announcements, but complaining about booking and getting a bad show when it isn't even here yet is just being dramatic. Sorry.

Reactions: RevFreako
not to mention the killer original houses they're gonna have. All sound awesome to me. As you all know I am the first to call something out, unpopular opinion or not. But besides WD, I sincerely think the IP list is stellar for the reasons I stated a few pages back and more. We have no way of knowing your situation lol. Have you ever been to the event before? If so you are in for a treat, pretty much end of story. Also we aren't attacking you, comments like "you are so bright" just add a bit of unnecessary fuel to the fire :thumbsup:

*cracks knuckles*
I don't doubt it. Not everything is going to please everyone.
I don't really care about not liking the lineup. The thing I find funny is the temper tantrum you're throwing because you booked your trip 7 months ago. It was a gamble. Don't blame Universal because you did that.
No. They failed for you. Me? I'm quite looking forward to this year. Definitely my most anticipated house lineup since my first year in 2011.
No, they haven't. But I couldn't care less about the marketing. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the event. Doesn't matter what the commercials and hype videos are like as long as the product in the park is good.
**** happens. Personally I prefer the Purge anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Okay, Freud.
Again, sorry you don't like the lineup.
I'm not really throwing a temper tantrum. Perfectly calm over here on my end.
It's true that not everyone is going to be pleased, but how about a high percentage of the guests? You really don't see any problems at all with that list being weak whatsoever? Not even a little?
Why is this your most anticipated year? Is it because of the lineup, the # of houses, or because the park is open later on some nights?
The marketing should affect you though. The reason why it should is because of this right here. It gives us stuff to talk about. The way I see it, they haven't given us anything to discuss. Word of mouth helps everyone involved from top to bottom.
I prefer the Purge (the movie) too. However, they only have less than a month to design it and put it together. How good do you think the finished product will stack up against the other 8 houses?

I'm not really throwing a temper tantrum. Perfectly calm over here on my end.
It's true that not everyone is going to be pleased, but how about a high percentage of the guests? You really don't see any problems at all with that list being weak whatsoever? Not even a little?
Why is this your most anticipated year? Is it because of the lineup, the # of houses, or because the park is open later on some nights?
The marketing should affect you though. The reason why it should is because of this right here. It gives us stuff to talk about. The way I see it, they haven't given us anything to discuss. Word of mouth helps everyone involved from top to bottom.
I prefer the Purge (the movie) too. However, they only have less than a month to design it and put it together. How good do you think the finished product will stack up against the other 8 houses?

AND WE'RE MOVING ON! :thumbsup:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm so pumped for the houses. F vs J and Insidious should be great. So do you guys think Alice In Wonderland 3D will be one of the remaining houses left to be announced?

That's undoubtedly the distinct sound of HHN I hear, music to my ears lol. Blizzard sounds great so far same with all the originals. Incredibly excited to see what alice will look like

I know we're moving on - this isn't meant as a retort or continuation of the argument. Below is just my evaluation of the lineup in terms of draw/impact.

Walking Dead is what it is. It was inevitable, and for many guests, a continual draw. And, in fairness, Walking Dead is certainly now a core part of the event's history.

Freddy vs. Jason is HUGE. 2 for the price of 1. A good get, and honestly great for the anniversary year because it has roots in 2007.

Insidious is less of an "anniversary" property, but it is a *good* property that should translate to a strong house if executed correctly.

Scream is a strong older property with no roots in the anniversary theme - so again, not a great pick for the 25th, but a good pick otherwise. Purge, its replacement, was obviously last minute - but is in some ways fitting. It's a Universal film - almost every year with the exception of HHNXX had some Uni film tie-in. *Synergy!*

The Anniversary House is the spiritual successor to Hallow'd Past. Hugely necessary and will hopefully be strong.

Psychoscareapy vs. Body Collectors is a cool way to incorporate two classics into something new and interesting - the exact opposite of a "retread." Very into it.

RUN 3 could go a couple of ways, depending on the direction they take it. I think most would prefer the original 2001 game show/"Running Man" approach - it'd be a way to try the house as a "do over" without the complications of 9/11. This'll be significantly less interesting if they go for the "Hostel" interpretation from the 2006 sequel.

Asylum in Wonderland 3D makes total sense, both as an extension of the venerable Scary Tales franchise and another in the long line of 3D houses. Should be really cool.

American Werewolf in London Redux is honestly the only *true* disappointment in the lineup - a revival/retread of an old concept from 10 years ago is one thing (see RUN), but 2 years ago isn't enough time. I understand this is A&D's "favorite," they can justify using the expensive puppets again, and they didn't really have the budget to wholly fabricate a new 9th house, so it has its advantages. I certainly won't mind walking through it again.

Things get even *better* when you look at the scare zones...

Steampunk Scary Tales is a great blend of Path of the Wicked's steampunk-leaning aesthetic with Scary Tales proper. Classic HHN property gets its presence.

The icon zone goes without saying. I'm wondering how it'll be framed/set up - probably something like Fear Revealed with vignettes.

The All Night Die-In zone should be a wonderful tribute to both the black and white classic monsters of old and the newer, in-color slashers. Really excited to see a bunch of old HHN favorites - I'd expect Mary Shaw and Chucky, for example.

Traditional Central Park zone ties into numerous HHN properties - hard to say what exactly since we don't know the backstory they're shooting for. But given the theme, it obviously has its place.

The one question mark is the New York "fall festival plus something," maybe Psychoscareapy inmates, maybe something else - who knows. Should still be cool.

Add in the hordes (Chainsaw Drill Teams) and you've got a strong street presence.

Honestly, this is the best lineup I've seen since 2011. I preferred that house lineup (keep in mind I'm a big Originals > IPs guy) but depending on how they turn out this year's zone lineup could easily end up being better.

Last edited:
AWIL would bother me more if we still only had 8 houses. The way I see it, we get 8 "new" houses and 1 bonus "returning" house. And it happens to be an excellent one.

Honestly, I'm just happy that Walking Dead isn't the identity of the event this year, like it has been since 2012. All the in-park signage and assumedly merchandising and wraparound advertising is focusing on "Jack Presents," which 2007 shows was the proper way to handle it. Sure, it's not like 07 where we got a real backstory and context to the proceedings, but at least it isn't more zombies and it lets HHN have its identity back.