Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting to hear Purge had metal music blaring. I don't remember the movie having a metal soundtrack?

Interesting to hear Purge had metal music blaring. I don't remember the movie having a metal soundtrack?
The best way to describe the house is as loud and obnoxious :) The Purge scare zone had similar metal music blasting last year (if memory serves me right).

(Note: obnoxious is in a good way, at least from my perspective.)

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Can anyone verify if they use the Lucy area for S&S this year. And does London give you access to Insidious before Duff or is it just like last year where Duff gets access to everything at the back?

I was at Diagon and we didn't get access until after everyone at Duff. We were let out at 6 pm and Insidious was already a 30 minute wait.

The most obvious effect of the modern cell phone (and accompanying social media) has been the rise of the selfie, which has impacted what scare-zones even are. But another clear effect is what we might call "Trader Sam's Syndrome"--you know, the bar that had 5-hour waits the day it opened, but is now often just half-full. Simply put, people who follow theme parks on social media feel the need to be first.

I'm wondering how much of that affected the crowd last night. Because that was the worst pre-October crowd I've ever seen (friend who's gone since '98 agreed). If this is the new normal, then a 9th house and Diagon aren't enough. But if things calm down a bit next weekend, probably unfair to judge the event off of last night.

I remember Diagon was equal to Duff in accessing Halloween last year, hopefully will be the same this year. I'm guessing there could have been some miscommunication the first day.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The most obvious effect of the modern cell phone (and accompanying social media) has been the rise of the selfie, which has impacted what scare-zones even are. But another clear effect is what we might call "Trader Sam's Syndrome"--you know, the bar that had 5-hour waits the day it opened, but is now often just half-full. Simply put, people who follow theme parks on social media feel the need to be first.

I'm wondering how much of that affected the crowd last night. Because that was the worst pre-October crowd I've ever seen (friend who's gone since '98 agreed). If this is the new normal, then a 9th house and Diagon aren't enough. But if things calm down a bit next weekend, probably unfair to judge the event off of last night.

I agree. After seeing the crowds last night, I really hope it was just opening night fever because if this is a normal night it's going to be rough. Universal is going to have to consider dual park at some point. I'm not sure USF can handle these crowds as a park. Especially with only a few attractions operating.

I remember Diagon was equal to Duff in accessing Halloween last year, hopefully will be the same this year. I'm guessing there could have been some miscommunication the first day.

I think there had to be. We had friends waiting outside the park to get in and they were let in the park and start headed towards their first house before they actually let us head towards Insidious from DA. I was kind of ticked off and if I do S&S again this year, it will not be in Diagon. It felt like a waste of time to me.

Can't emphasize how important this point is. The crowd had to predominantly locally based, which means they're interested in the houses above all - and to a good percentage of them, less interested in the "repeat" 9th house, AWIL. The real test is what happens when the real swaths of general public show up - Gringotts and AWIL should function as much more of a draw, hopefully balancing the park better.

I'm very curious. Attending next weekend, and should be fine either way.

Hello, first time poster here heading to my third HHN:Orlando on Saturday.

Does anyone know if the HHN Express pass allows you express access to Gringotts? Can't seem to find that info anywhere and since it doesn't have one during the day I wasn't sure. (My friend is a huge Potter fan but we don't want to miss tons of time during the event either.)

Hello, first time poster here heading to my third HHN:Orlando on Saturday.

Does anyone know if the HHN Express pass allows you express access to Gringotts? Can't seem to find that info anywhere and since it doesn't have one during the day I wasn't sure. (My friend is a huge Potter fan but we don't want to miss tons of time during the event either.)

It doesn't, but so far it seems Gringotts doesn't really command a crowd (saw the wait time hovered around 10 minutes most of the night.)

I might be a tee bit late on no Usher on the merch..lets remind ourselves about Jacks relationship with Julius.

On a serious note, regarding if AWIL and Gringotts will be enough; it should for the tourists.

The makeup job on that Usher kind of reveals the lesser work this year. One of the cast's Usher actually looks really good -- but the other has long hair that completely throws me off.

Someone please tell me that last night was an exception and today will be slower because opening night was ROUGH. Also did anyone do insidious during the day, and if you did ,was the ambience ruined by the light leaking in?

I did S&S in the old Lucy area yesterday and will probably be there tonight too since I have a friend in cast A of M&M. When I initially got into the holding area, they were saying FvsJ which didn't make sense. We did end up going to M&M and they dropped the gate around 6.

Reactions: anihilnation
Yesterday, I did the Finnegan's S&S, and that was a disaster as well. Everyone rushed to FvJ. My group and several others tried going to BC but the supervisor yelled at everyone that it doesn't open til 6:30. I was like, well why don't you have someone out here telling people that or have the sign out front reflect that? The events person handling Finn's during the S&S was unprofessional about things as well.

Someone please tell me that last night was an exception and today will be slower because opening night was ROUGH. Also did anyone do insidious during the day, and if you did ,was the ambience ruined by the light leaking in?
Ambiance wasnt ruined. But my problem for the first 2 houses was my eyes not adjusting so it was too dark. Almost worth it to bring a pair of shades to wear in line.

The makeup job on that Usher kind of reveals the lesser work this year. One of the cast's Usher actually looks really good -- but the other has long hair that completely throws me off.
Seriously. I saw that Usher and have no idea how they were okay with that.

I'm wondering if they're having some prosthetic issues with the Usher, similar to the lack of Jack masks they have in the Anniversary house.

Ambiance wasnt ruined. But my problem for the first 2 houses was my eyes not adjusting so it was too dark. Almost worth it to bring a pair of shades to wear in line.
Yep, I came out of Walking Dead and overheard another guests say, "that was great but I can't wait to see it". Haha

It took forever for my eyes to adjust yesterday too, ended up waiting to do a lot of houses until dusk just so we could have a better idea of what was going on.

Yes agree that Usher was pretty rough looking, the Director looked a bit off too but maybe that is just age?

insidious is my most anticipated and I didn't get to do it yesterday, so im gonna wait until the sun goes down to do it. Also fvj got rushed yesterday so im going for monsters and mayhem first today.