Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
wasn't there a pirate room in 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem last year? I thought I remember a sunken ship with a tilted floor.

That was a reference to a room from The Forsaken. Not exactly Pirates, but a lost 4th ship from Columbus' voyage and it's cursed crew.

Going back to Scare Zones for a second...

The one solid rumor that we do have is that there will be 6 this year instead of the normal 5. Probably to help cover some of the dead zone around the back now that Disaster isn't being used.

That was a reference to a room from The Forsaken. Not exactly Pirates, but a lost 4th ship from Columbus' voyage and it's cursed crew.

Going back to Scare Zones for a second...

The one solid rumor that we do have is that there will be 6 this year instead of the normal 5. Probably to help cover some of the dead zone around the back now that Disaster isn't being used.
I wonder how busy it will be over by Disaster now that there isn't going to be a house over there. Last year's foot traffic in that area was pretty ridiculous. I saw some cool costumes, but I couldn't really appreciate them much with the absurd amount of people crowding the actors.

Reactions: Cole
I think disaster will finally lose some foot traffic and thank god for that. The real area you gotta look out for now will be the MIB area. 2 house entrances plus bill and Ted not far away. When that show gets out.....mass hysteria!!!!

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think disaster will finally lose some foot traffic and thank god for that. The real area you gotta look out for now will be the MIB area. 2 house entrances plus bill and Ted not far away. When that show gets out.....mass hysteria!!!!
Plus 3 house exits. That area is already fairly busy, I wonder if they may change a few things up there.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Like I have mentioned before, without Twister to hold a line (even if just to get through the building) they are running out of possible locations. The SS lines/exits are already crammed into any little space they have. Adding MORE lines by where Bodycolletors is not possible because that space can't hold another two queues (regular/express) plus an exit. Adding more lines in front of Rockit stage won't be possible either as that space fills up quite often on peak nights so putting two lines snaking around there can't happen. All you have left is the DM area and that place can't hold more lines either. I have a feeling we will get a new line location for one SS house this year and I feel like putting it back near where RUN was but going back behind Mummy towards the SS is the best option. Also solves the "dead space" issue without any houses in the whole back section of the park.

Honestly hope they do something different with the area around MIB too. Having three house exits, two entrances and a popular show all within a hundred feet of each other does not sound like a good time. They need to at least come up with a way to keep the two Kid Zone area houses over there in terms of where they exit.

With only 4 announced houses....no details on the chance house so not including it. I would have to assume with 5 more houses to announce and shows and scare zones we got to have some announcements soon. Last year threw me off with the whole delay with scream. So I wonder how far out we are until full announcement or will they drag it out

I mean, with 2 more IP houses and possibly an IP SZ they need to announce, they are running out of weeks since they like to give each IP their own week. Plus we have the final reveal of originals and the rest of the SZ's and shows. So, we are sitting at between 3-4 weeks of announcements and we are 55 days away from employee previews so time is running out. Hopefully we get something tomorrow.

Doubt it but I'm positive they'll allude to something this week or the next. It's so close to September that it would be dumb not to
If we are getting AHS and they don't announce it at Comic Con at some point over the next couple days, that would be another poor decision on their part. Comic Con has turned into a media circus, so why would they pass up all that extra free publicity if they have a potential opportunity like that?

Reactions: Cole
If we are getting AHS and they don't announce it at Comic Con at some point over the next couple days, that would be another poor decision on their part.

I would also be surprised if we didn't hear at lest something.

The question is, where do they do it? I did some digging, and it doesn't look like AHS has a panel this year, but they do have a VR experience.

Could HHN tie into the VR at all? Or would it just be an announcement of the house that advertises AHS' presence at ComicCon?

I guess we just have a few hours to wait and see if there's any movement.

I would also be surprised if we didn't hear at lest something.

The question is, where do they do it? I did some digging, and it doesn't look like AHS has a panel this year, but they do have a VR experience.

Could HHN tie into the VR at all? Or would it just be an announcement of the house that advertises AHS' presence at ComicCon?

I guess we just have a few hours to wait and see if there's any movement.
Well if FX and Universal don't think it would be a good idea to promote the AHS house while at the AHS VR experience (FX Display) at Comic Con they are pretty foolish. Unless the house is going to be solely based off the new mystery season (which is highly unlikely), what better time would there be to release this information than when there is all that free press and publicity? Is there still an outside chance we're not getting AHS after all?

I wonder what time the VR experience opens?

The description of the experience sounds a lot like how I pictured the house to be (in theory)... All the seasons and an ending that is a prelude to the new season.
"We were looking to create an immersive experience that would serve as a thrill ride through previous installments of AHS and excite fans with what’s to come. The experience is 4.5 minutes long"

Last edited:
Well if FX and Universal don't think it would be a good idea to promote the AHS house while at the AHS VR experience (FX Display) at Comic Con they are pretty foolish. Unless the house is going to be solely based off the new mystery season (which is highly unlikely), what better time would there be to release this information than when there is all that free press and publicity? Is there still an outside chance we're not getting AHS after all?

I wonder what time the VR experience opens?

The description of the experience sounds a lot like how I pictured the house to be (in theory)... All the seasons and an ending that is a prelude to the new season.
"We were looking to create an immersive experience that would serve as a thrill ride through previous installments of AHS and excite fans with what’s to come. The experience is 4.5 minutes long"

So, crazy theory here but with the length of 4.5 minutes, what if the VR experience is a virtual walkthrough of the HHN maze? Sounds about the right length for a mega-house without having the random stops. Would be a great way to promote both HHN and AHS.