Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Parkwide scare zones or hoards just seem a little disappointing. It isn't practical to staff the entire park and leaves ares feeling pretty barren. I can't imagine scare zones are too expensive to produce considering how much atmosphere is accomplished with lighting and sound at hhn.

For anyone in the know, what is the price tag of a zone or house? Is it possible that some run up to a million or more? Something like AWIL with those expensive puppets seems like it easily could, especially given the licensing.

Reactions: snayberry
Staffing alone can reach 7 figures a house/zone depending on specifics once you include support staff (techs and managers). The majority of the construction is contracted though, which saves some money. I'd estimate houses run $2-$3 million a piece and zone about $750,000. It's fairly uncommon for zones to not heavily use stuff that's readily available.

Those numbers are gut though, and could be widely off.

Staffing alone can reach 7 figures a house/zone depending on specifics once you include support staff (techs and managers). The majority of the construction is contracted though, which saves some money. I'd estimate houses run $2-$3 million a piece and zone about $750,000. It's fairly uncommon for zones to not heavily use stuff that's readily available.

Those numbers are gut though, and could be widely off.

Thanks Legacy, it at least gives me some what of an idea. Always appreciate your info greatly.

I saw the video but didn't realize or study it close enough to notice you can see AHS on it.

It's kind of sad that two houses have now leaked through marketing materials. Kind of steals some of the thunder from the announcements. Still exciting though!

Reactions: Joel
Thanks Legacy, I'm admittedly proud of this since this is the first time I figured a house out with little clues.

In order to properly connect AHS with "Shall Not Be Named", you had to have been on/watched the HHN Vault to get the connection. Since every year there was always someone or multiple people asking "Will there be a extreme house?" or "Eddie will finally be a icon this year!", and every year they had to be shot down for one obvious reason or another. It was to the point where you wished they wern't explicitly said like Voldermort aka "He Who Shall Not Be Named." AHS was going down that path, so the connection instantly clicked for me.

giphy.gif

You guys can make out the smaller text on that billboard?
You can't necessarily read it in the video but it's easy to recognize the shapes of the logos. Also the guy who actually saw it confirmed it was AHS in the top left. He's works by the place that produces the billboards every year and has actually posted pictures of billboards for about 5 years.

I don't understand why the company who makes the billboards/Universal would just have that sitting out in the sun, before all the houses were released to the GP. Either this is a brilliant bit of marketing, or a massive screw up on someones part, because surely that shouldn't be in the public eye at this point in time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Legolas813 and Joel
How in the world anyone can make out American Horror Story at any point on that billboard, I'll never know. In researching any of the logos, I can't see anything that looks like that pixelated blob.

I don't understand why the company who makes the billboards/Universal would just have that sitting out in the sun, before all the houses were released to the GP. Either this is a brilliant bit of marketing, or a massive F*** up on someones part, because surely that shouldn't be in the public eye at this point in time?

I wouldn't say it's exactly a brilliant bit of marketing or a massive screw up. I don't think that it matters nearly as much to the GP as it does to us which other IPs are getting released. Maybe they could've covered the billboard a bit better, but I'm guessing that having it stored in some small area of town wasn't going to cause a huge stir. I'd say the Publix signage that spoils everything going out early would be a bigger blunder than this.

Then again, this guy found it and posted a video of it, so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Here's the thing... We're two/three weeks from release. The fans already know what's coming, and everyone else doesn't care.

The AP newsletter was approved by Marketing before distribution, and Marketing is actually the ones responsible for scheduling announcement.

The billboard was per luck, and isn't a huge deal because (again) we're less than a month from reveal.

The yearly leaks are the cost of doing business. When third parties are brought in to market, you contract an embargo and cross your fingers no one breaks it. The Evil Dead leak was the biggest in recent memory, and that was something the parks had no positive control over.

Reactions: Cole
Here's the thing... We're two/three weeks from release. The fans already know what's coming, and everyone else doesn't care.

The AP newsletter was approved by Marketing before distribution, and Marketing is actually the ones responsible for scheduling announcement.

The billboard was per luck, and isn't a huge deal because (again) we're less than a month from reveal.

The yearly leaks are the cost of doing business. When third parties are brought in to market, you contract an embargo and cross your fingers no one breaks it. The Evil Dead leak was the biggest in recent memory, and that was something the parks had no positive control over.

We're days away from what I heard.

I'm the one who posted the video of the billboard and as it was pointed out already I work nearby the place.

Here's the thing I was at the right place at the right time.. I did a u turn to do the video, did one more and it was down.

As I drove past the 3rd time I saw TJ, Mike and a few others standing around talking.

The area is where it was up is the test area for people can see how there stuff looks before it goes up around the state.

It wasn't a leak but pure luck..

Last edited: