Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will be my 22nd year! Been to all the events since 1994 with the exception of 2001. Also been to all the HOS events since 2002 except last year. It has been interesting to see how much HHN has grown over the years since my first visit in 94'.

Wow, so whats your take on how the event has evolved over time? I'm asking because you have gone to so many. Do you like it more now or when it wasn't as big of an event? BTW welcome to the forums :cheers:

Just guessing here but:

Dead Man's Wharf - San Francisco ("returned to the harbor")
Banshee's Lair - Central Park ("deep into the forest")
Vamp 1955 - Hollywood ("Hollywood High School")
Survive or Die - New York (There's apparently 3 groups of survivors which sounds to large for Plaza)
A Chance in Hell - Plaza of the Stars (Only place left)

Just guessing here but:

Survive or Die - New York (There's apparently 3 groups of survivors which sounds to large for Plaza)
I was thinking the same locations for Dead Man's Wharf and Banshee's Lair. Really hope they have some fog effects for the wharf.

Just guessing here but:

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. With the Chance house potentially being in the new MIB tent, she kind of bookends the event. One of the first things, and one of the last things we see.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just guessing here but:

Pretty much. Survive or Die better make good use of NY.

So what # HHN is this for you guys? This is my third year in a row but fourth in total. I went for my first time in 2003, I remember because the Marlins won the World Series that day. I was standing in line for a house when it happened. It was actually HHN 13, the time they had it at Islands Of Adventure. I didn't really get to appreciate it then but now I am totally in love with the event.
We've been out of state UOR AP holders for 10 years straight, but this will only be the second time I've been to HHN. I know....I suck!

Per Legacy the Chance scarezone is in Plaza of the Stars and it is expected to have Chance as the barker. Given the proximity to the park entrance, should we expect some sort of opening scaremony?

Reactions: SeventyOne
2nd for me! Went last year to 25 after trying since 2012 to get some friends together, and am never going to miss it again (hopefully).

What is the plaza of the stars? Is that the entry area where steampunk fairy tales was last year?

Also tomb of he ancients looks awesome but with all the vines and stuff it looks more Aztec than Egyptian but hey it looks awesome either way.

This event makes me understand why my parents always told me the years go faster and faster as you get older. I've been going to the event since 2002 and haven't missed a year but damn I feel old.

Super stoked all the info is here and no more speculation police. :dance:

The scarezones seem pretty varied this year.

Out of all the originals I am all about Tomb of the Ancients. Sounds epic. I have a feeling Chance's house is going to be a stinker, I hope it's not but I can feel it in the force. Possibly because all female icons houses have failed. Lets hope they break that chain this year.

First time in 1992 and then every year from 1995 to current. Don't ask me to remember everything, especially since I was 9 years old in 1992. The best part though, they could actually touch you back then without worrying about being sued (makes for a traumatized kid though). I also remember "something breathing fire" from 1992 and didn't realize until much later that it was Robosaurus.