Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Survive Or Die sorta reminds me of Fall Out.

Fallout-4.jpg

In a way that I can't explain, it feels to me more of a mix between TLoU, Mad Max and Acid Assault. Either way, if projection mapping doesn't return for it (as it feels like a scarezone that may benefit from this), that would be a shame.

Projection mapping would be dope. I hope they whip up some cool stuff and not be lazy with the scare zones.

In terms of scares intensity, and detail, can someone compare Hades and Catacombs to anything at HHN 25? Those are 2 houses I really wanted to experience but just couldn't make it work that year
Closest thing I could compare Catacombs to that you would have seen before is the section of the Jack house that focused on Nightingales, just much more closed in and instead of sandbags those would be crypt walls. I honestly don't remember much from Hades :(

Reactions: Joel
Closest thing I could compare Catacombs to that you would have seen before is the section of the Jack house that focused on Nightingales, just much more closed in and instead of sandbags those would be crypt walls. I honestly don't remember much from Hades :(

Hades had some expansive sets and really cool looking monsters with a lot of variety in settings and creatures. Sadly, even with all their little tricks, it never quite reached its potential in the scares aspects

Catacombs had fairly similar sets from room to room and just one type of creature doing the scaring. The room layouts were simple, but effective and thanks to tight feeling hallways, the monsters got right up in your face providing excellent scares

Since both houses were in 2010, there were no victims (that year one of the conceits was that guests were the victims) which hurt Hades, but had little effect on Catacombs (in my mind anyways).

I did the lights on tour that year so I do have some pictures of Hades, but I will have to dig them up.

Hades had some expansive sets and really cool looking monsters with a lot of variety in settings and creatures. Sadly, even with all their little tricks, it never quite reached its potential in the scares aspects

Catacombs had fairly similar sets from room to room and just one type of creature doing the scaring. The room layouts were simple, but effective and thanks to tight feeling hallways, the monsters got right up in your face providing excellent scares

Since both houses were in 2010, there were no victims (that year one of the conceits was that guests were the victims) which hurt Hades, but had little effect on Catacombs (in my mind anyways).

I did the lights on tour that year so I do have some pictures of Hades, but I will have to dig them up.
That would be awesome to see. My biggest complaint with HHN is the lack of pictures and videos making it hard to remember houses that weren't in my standouts. Catacombs, PsychoScareapy, and Havoc I remember very well since those are houses towards the top of my lists.

Reactions: Cole
So, the folks at HHN Unofficial are reporting that AHS is a lock, and that this year we're getting Seasons 1 (Murder House) 4 (Freakshow) and 5 (Hotel), with next year being 2, 3, and 6. Calls it the "new TWD" in terms of staying power.

Interesting.

Here's a "leaked image" from HHNRumors.

Cp-uE2-WEAARlVy.jpg:large
So it looks like the emphasis SeventyOne was talking about meant that only those seasons would be featured, interesting. I'm surprised they didn't just do 1-3 this year and 4-6 next year to keep it chronological.

So, the folks at HHN Unofficial are reporting that AHS is a lock, and that this year we're getting Seasons 1 (Murder House) 4 (Freakshow) and 5 (Hotel), with next year being 2, 3, and 6. Calls it the "new TWD" in terms of staying power.

Interesting.

My sources are telling me the same thing about this year, but made no mention of next year. They also said to expect the announcement today.

Reactions: Joel
My sources are telling me the same thing about this year, but made no mention of next year. They also said to expect the announcement today.
It would seem a little strange to have it announced today when they've released one of five "clues". I guess everyone knows so maybe they would just give up on that?

It would seem a little strange to have it announced today when they've released one of five "clues". I guess everyone knows so maybe they would just give up on that?

I thought the same thing, but this person has been right in the past so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Also, that picture posted above looks like a press picture, which they only send out right before an announcement (like just a few hours before).

Interesting.

What if the clue wasn't referencing the locations of the individual seasons themselves, but that the maze was coming to Horror Nights Orlando (Fl) and Horror Nights Hollywood (Ca)?