Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hello everyone. We have a group of 11 going to hhn next month. 5 live in FL 2 in AL and 4 in NC. Can the ones that live in FL purchase tickets for us from Publix or will we need to get them at the gate?

We went last night and hit 4 houses (lines got way too long to do them all). AHS was by far the best of them, good sets, good scares. The 3D one was more fun than scary. Ghost Town was weird - big open set with no real scares, and at one point it was dumping water on us (I assume it was supposed to be rain) which drenched everyone. The Exorcist had cool scenes and effects, but there was one segment that was just a black hallway with literally nothing in it. I don't know if that was an unfinished part or what. All in all, we had a great time. Looking forward to regular visits and seeing the rest of the houses

Reactions: anihilnation
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I want to prepare for HHN, and I've never seen any Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I want to watch one before I go. Which one is better? The original or reboot?
Definitely original ! The house I believe is based on it and while it is light on gore, the low production value and disturbing sequences almost make it feel like a snuff film. The reboot is IMO pretty good, but you won't recognize as much in the house.

Definitely original ! The house I believe is based on it and while it is light on gore, the low production value and disturbing sequences almost make it feel like a snuff film. The reboot is IMO pretty good, but you won't recognize as much in the house.
Better? It's all preference. The original is creepier but I think the remake is "scarier."

To prepare though, you need to watch the original.
Thanks!

Reactions: Joel
No, I mean a guide of what to do. Like which house to do first, what offer, etc. I appreciate the thought though.
We will probably have to see how the crowd flow is from the wait times this weekend to get a better idea apart from the usual methods of doing stay and scream and hitting the houses that open first.

Wow, so whats your take on how the event has evolved over time? I'm asking because you have gone to so many. Do you like it more now or when it wasn't as big of an event? BTW welcome to the forums :cheers:
Thanks for the welcome, my apologies for the late response to your question. The first year I attended in 94' will always hold a special place in my heart. Experiencing my first HHN house, the Psycho Path Maze, built behind the then-Bates Motel and Psycho House sets was awesome. Over the years the events start to blur into each other. There are always highlights: like one of the event’s earlier houses, The Dungeon of Terror. At the end of this house you had to find the right stone to get out of a room that’s walls were closing in! The awesome jack-o-lantern room with the pumpkins flying at you and the awesome recreation of some classic horror movies in the All-Nite Die Inn House still amazes me. The first time ever seeing the bungie-flying vampire effect in Castle Vampre was awesome! During the "Bloody Mary/Reflections of Fear in 2007 event walking under the hundreds of flickering jack-o-lanterns in the trees scare zone that would flicker out after hearing "Bloody Mary" whispered 3 times from the dark shadows. And finally watching Bill Clinton, Monica and the rest of that political scandal’s players dance in a big production of “You’re The One That I Want” from Grease during the finale of Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. Those were the days. I will say every year as time goes by the appeal of the Bill and Ted shows get lesser and lesser mainly I'm getting to old to relate to some of the pop culture! The events have been good, sometimes not as good as they could be compared to other years (my least favorite was Carnival of Carnage, no scare zones!, but they made up with one of my favorite years: Bloody Mary the next year.) But even in my opinion, the worst Halloween Horror Nights event is still one of the best Halloween attractions anyone can attend. The Universal creative teams imagitive storytelling and details that go into a horror nights event is top notch. As much as I like to enjoy the events, what truly makes the event special are the people that I have attended with over the years. Had some great laughs, screams and fun. I look forward to attending my 22nd year event this Saturday night. Looking forward to the most: AHS, The Exorsist and Halloween II.