Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know that you can attribute the crack down on GAC to express pass prices. With the exception of FFP's the express prices didn't really go up that much (basically an extra $30 increase compared to a roughly $20 increase the year prior).

I think you answered your own question there. FFPholders more likely to know about, shall we say "loopholes"?, than anyone.

I think you answered your own question there. FFPholders more likely to know about, shall we say "loopholes"?, than anyone.
Well that's definitely a good point. Raising express for FFP probably only makes the FFP holders more likely to seek out the loopholes now though. If I had to guess I would say that the GAC abuse amongst FFP holders is worse this year than before, it's the casual guest who hasn't figured out the system yet.

Reactions: SeventyOne
i know the people complaining the most about the GAC being taken away on facebook were annual passholders. i guess passholders are FFP users as well but it makes me wonder if non annual passholders that use the FFP were also abusing it or not.
(people that only visit the parks for HHN)

it felt like most complaints were from people that know Uni very well outside of HHN. people that go very often

Reactions: SeventyOne
According to Orlando Informer, Uni is scheduling shifts for HHN on 11/4-11/5. I won't believe it until it comes from the park itself, but this is looking more and more like it could happen.

Just please let them be FFP dates....

Reactions: Lucky Planet
IF they did it it would be cool if it was just open to frequent fear holders of all tiers as an encore/thank you to the didicated fans. Pipe dream but once can wish.

Reactions: anihilnation
If they don't open the extension to FFP I'll be pretty annoyed. I bought the pass I did so that I could go the last night. I don't mind upgrading to the ultimate pass if it's needed to go the last night, but if this happens it would've been nice to know ahead of time so I would have had the opportunity to use it on other Saturdays not just the last one.

I'm leaning towards believing they will have it open to every level of FFP, those days would be so slow anyways.

If their main motivation for the extra days is making up for lost revenue (due to Matthew), then I would think they would open it up to as many people as possible. Especially since interest may drop a little bit due to it being after Halloween.

I also don't see them officially announcing this until a bit closer to those dates. The last thing they want is people changing their plans and not going this weekend or next. The goal is more butts in seats, not the same butts moved around.

If their main motivation for the extra days is making up for lost revenue (due to Matthew), then I would think they would open it up to as many people as possible. Especially since interest may drop a little bit due to it being after Halloween.
You know I had a thought and I really don't think it would happen, but what if they wanted to test out opening the event up to everyone including those with only daytime park admission. Kind of similar to what Disney does with the Christmas parties towards the end of the season. That's the only way I could see it being really busy.

You know I had a thought and I really don't think it would happen, but what if they wanted to test out opening the event up to everyone including those with only daytime park admission. Kind of similar to what Disney does with the Christmas parties towards the end of the season. That's the only way I could see it being really busy.

Interesting idea, but I can't help but wonder how many clueless guests with little kids will decide to stick around for the "Halloween Party" just to run out the gate complaining with terrified small children.

Interesting idea, but I can't help but wonder how many clueless guests with little kids will decide to stick around for the "Halloween Party" just to run out the gate complaining with terrified small children.
Haha, yeah that happens enough as it is already.

One thing I've learned last year is not to report on news like this. "HHN is being extended!" has waffled about 5 times in the past week and a half. I bet if it happens it's just houses & scare zones.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
One thing I've learned last year is not to report on news like this. "HHN is being extended!" has waffled about 5 times in the past week and a half. I bet if it happens it's just houses & scare zones.
I've heard of entertainment for both shows being extended. That being said I would expect it to be a somewhat watered down version of the event as a whole. That's the part the bugs me about this, if they're going to do it they should do it right and also commit to it a little earlier on.

Reactions: DanB89
Writing this from Cabana Bay, on the first full day of our 14 night stay. Despite ultimately being up for 26 hours straight yesterday, we decided to stay up on our arrival (18:00) to help set up our body clocks and headed straight to HHN. Walked through all the scare zones and did just 2 houses in order to train up my complete wuss of a wife! I felt that Chances house would be a good tame first house for her, but really regretted it afterwards! That place is like taking an acid drop!! So much strobe, it was really intense! Hit up Ghost Town after that and really wished we'd started there for her, as she loved the spectacle and artistry of the sets and appreciated finally hearing the 'thats my gold!' guy in person. Like the guys on the Scare Zone podcast always say, if you think of HHN as one of the world's largest 6 week art installations, you can hopefully enjoy it just from that perspective, even if you're a wimp!
We're heading over for our first full night shortly with S&S and I'll pop back to the review thread with my thoughts in full then. Hope to bump into a few of you reprobates over the next few weeks! :cheers:

Settling in for the night at Cabana Bay. Had a great first night at hhn 26! Did stay and scream and did every single house by 9:15

Me and my friend agreed Exorcist and Tomb of the Ancients were scariest. Exorcist for its tremendous atmosphere and Tomb for being relentless. I'll post in the review thread with spoilers galore sometime maybe Sunday after tomorrow nights run throughs.

We also felt that the houses this year over all were better than last year, while streetmosphere was slightly lacking.

Unfortunately did not get to see any shows but will be doing both tomorrow.

Anyways just had to say how much fun this was and really enjoy the discussion on here leading up to this event!

Reactions: amityboattours
It looks like the 4th and 5th are happening. Frequent Fear gets Friday and plus and ultimate get both days.

hhn26novdates.png