Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh lord. You're on this site now too. You're one of the reasons I left Nightmares.

Please don't start with your speculation police ways. Thank you.
When people don't post stupid things, they're not treated like they're stupid.

The discourse here is admittedly higher than Nightmares, and OU posters don't flood the board with inane, never-gonna-happen wishful thinking under the guise of speculation. That's all I've ever worked for.

22-23 and by dark ages I mean in terms of quality. Obviously they did well financially as they changed the entire game of HHN lol

Yeah I definitely rather have it in one park just for the sake of conviencence

Your original post is misleading then. If memory serves me right you stated the event was coming out of the "dark ages" this year (HHN26 Speculation thread) but your referencing 22 and 23??

I mean 22 was terrible and 23 had Werewolf and one of the best B&T's of the last 10 years but agreed still weak. 24 was great however and 25 was a homerun!! So wouldnt that mean HHN came out of the dark ages over 2 years ago?

Also how many events have you attended and which was your favorite?

Reactions: Cole and s8film40
For the sake of conversation I'll be shocked if the event doesn't add a new crowd eater this year. Could be a house, zone, experience or whatever but imo they'll need to add capacity somehow. The addition of Sapphire Falls will bring in even more day guests than years previous. On site hotels SELL HHN tickets. If the event doesn't expand we will see longer waits and heavier foot traffic.

With the speculation revolving around Penn & Teller I had an interesting thought, what if they are planning something but it's not a house? What if they did a show. I know it sounds crazy to think a well known group like that would put on performances in a theme park, but HHN has grown to be such a large event it could probably afford to do it and it would be huge for the event if they did. I don't know that I could see something like that being done multiple times a night and possibly not 5 nights a week, but it would certainly have the potential to push attendance over the top even if there did actually need to be some things reduced with the event this year due to construction.

When people don't post stupid things, they're not treated like they're stupid.

The discourse here is admittedly higher than Nightmares, and OU posters don't flood the board with inane, never-gonna-happen wishful thinking under the guise of speculation. That's all I've ever worked for.
Who is the judge of this never gonna happen speculation? You? I've been going to the event since 2000 and was on the vault in 04. I've seen A LOT of people say something was never going to happen and they ended up being very wrong.

I just don't like your matter-of-fact answers to everything. Just because you say it, why should I automatically believe you? Back up your response with something. Not just, "nope not happening, I know all." Do you even attend the event anymore? You ruin the entire flow of conversations and the overall fun of speculating. Dr. Jimmy has completely redeemed himself of this.

I enjoy having fun and speculating with fellow haunt fans. I can actually do that over on this site unlike Nightmares where the mods could give a rats ass *coughJW&mz*

Ok, sorry Briman. I know we are straying off topic. Back to speculation. What can be done to fix the ever growing crowd problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako
That'd be a sin of theme park fans, someone that LOVES SGE.
With the speculation revolving around Penn & Teller I had an interesting thought, what if they are planning something but it's not a house? What if they did a show. I know it sounds crazy to think a well known group like that would put on performances in a theme park, but HHN has grown to be such a large event it could probably afford to do it and it would be huge for the event if they did. I don't know that I could see something like that being done multiple times a night and possibly not 5 nights a week, but it would certainly have the potential to push attendance over the top even if there did actually need to be some things reduced with the event this year due to construction.

I'd like to see it too/

Your original post is misleading then. If memory serves me right you stated the event was coming out of the "dark ages" this year (HHN26 Speculation thread) but your referencing 22 and 23??

I mean 22 was terrible and 23 had Werewolf and one of the best B&T's of the last 10 years but agreed still weak. 24 was great however and 25 was a homerun!! So wouldnt that mean HHN came out of the dark ages over 2 years ago?

Also how many events have you attended and which was your favorite?
I definitely agree 24 and 25 were awesome. The event itself is most definitely out of the "dark ages", however I feel like TWD is just that one reminder that 22-23 ever happened. This might just be me but I think it's the one thing holding HHN back right now quality wise, it's a stain that just won't come off. Also I've been attending since 18 and 21 is by far my favorite :)

I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is no way that Ryan Murphy will license out any of his properties to HHN. He's so guarded about everything he does. So count out American Horror Story and Scream Queens.

I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is no way that Ryan Murphy will license out any of his properties to HHN. He's so guarded about everything he does. So count out American Horror Story and Scream Queens.

Not fully true. He is more like JK Rowling where he would want to see the plans first and have a level of creative control. He also doesn't follow through on what he says half the time and his isn't the fully owner of AHS, Brad Falchuk is as well.

He's already working on the next season, I doubt he'll have the time to look over a silly little haunted house themed by it, time just might be the issue in this case. Don't think it'll happen ever if not until the show is dead

My guess is that if P&T do come back, it'll be for another house (possible sequel?) or they'll direct or slap their names on a 20 penny like magic show. These guys recently sold out the Orlando hardrock for a show and sell out every night in Vegas, there's no way they're doing a theme park show for a full month (as much as I love them and want to see them live)

Reactions: traveller
What's the chance of Krampus being used? I finally got to see it yesterday and it was quite nice, some interesting monster in there.

I'd give it 30%. Movie wasn't a hit, and they can't sell it as "Coming Soon to Theaters". Personally feel they've exhausted the whole Christmas/Halloween mash-up with pretty good results so far so would like for them to try something different.

Still, it's a Universal property and an easy IP get soo.....

I'd give it 30%. Movie wasn't a hit, and they can't sell it as "Coming Soon to Theaters". Personally feel they've exhausted the whole Christmas/Halloween mash-up with pretty good results so far so would like for them to try something different.

That also means they could recycle Home for the Holidays/Bloodengutz for the first couple rooms, save the budget for an amazing Krampus in the finale.

Not sure I completely agree with that analysis. In fact, I'd argue the movie was a pretty decent hit for the studio. They released it on what is typically considered a dump week for new movies do to the strong holdovers of Thanksgiving released movies, and yet well over performed it's expected opening weekend gross. It was expected to open to about 8-10 million, but opened to a little over 16 million.

Even its final US gross, over 42 million, is more than another property HHN used semi recently, Cabin In The Woods, that likewise wasn't promoting the theatrical run for the film or a sequel. And in the case of Krampus, they wouldn't have to pay for the rights.

Reactions: Cole
My guess is that if P&T do come back, it'll be for another house (possible sequel?) or they'll direct or slap their names on a 20 penny like magic show. These guys recently sold out the Orlando hardrock for a show and sell out every night in Vegas, there's no way they're doing a theme park show for a full month (as much as I love them and want to see them live)
Could potentially be Penn & Teller Present Magicians from the hit television show Fool Us. Don't remember if that was NBC or not though.

FWIW P&T don't sell out every night in Vegas. But I doubt UOR has the budget to have them perform 31 nights for HHN. Magicians from Fool Us I could see. But that then raises the question of where that'd be performed.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not sure I completely agree with that analysis. In fact, I'd argue the movie was a pretty decent hit for the studio. They released it on what is typically considered a dump week for new movies do to the strong holdovers of Thanksgiving released movies, and yet well over performed it's expected opening weekend gross. It was expected to open to about 8-10 million, but opened to a little over 16 million.

Even its final US gross, over 42 million, is more than another property HHN used semi recently, Cabin In The Woods, that likewise wasn't promoting the theatrical run for the film or a sequel. And in the case of Krampus, they wouldn't have to pay for the rights.

Successful and a hit are 2 different things. I'd argue Krampus had so-so reviews, Cabin got great reviews so maybe that's why it got included?

But... you're not wrong.

Reactions: Stitch_101
FWIW P&T don't sell out every night in Vegas. But I doubt UOR has the budget to have them perform 31 nights for HHN. Magicians from Fool Us I could see. But that then raises the question of where that'd be performed.

Animal Actors stage? I missed the last year they did a magic show at HHN, but I could have sworn I read they used the Animal Actors stage... I could be way off on that though.

Reactions: SeventyOne