Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Halloween Horror Nights 2016 - Page 8 - Seasonal Events - USHForums.com

Not sure how reliable this is, but a user at Inside Universal is reporting that Hollywood has locked in The Exorcist. However, he's also saying it'll be Hollywood exclusive. This seems like a property Aiello would want to use so it'd be a bit surprising if it was Hollywood only.
Unless Mike realizes the limitations of haunted house based on a movie that basically takes place in a single room and doesn't want to force something he's not 110% confident in.

Edit - Look at Crimson Peak.

Well, if based on souly on the first film I can understand that problem completely. But if they brought in elements from the other films it could work. As horrible as The Beginning was, it has some great set locations (the village, the excavation sight, the church and catacombs below it) and then of course the hospital from Exorcist 3, which I think is a highly underrated movie... Not as good as the original, but a decent effort none the less. As long as they ignored the cinematic vomit that was The Heretic...

Reactions: SeventyOne
From what it seems; The Exorcist was also all thought of by John, that'd use the other two sequels, especially The Exorcist 3. Although; with how that IP holder is..i have reservations of it coming. If it does, I fully expect it being Hollywood Exclusive, just as its something that Murdy has wanted for years.

Unless Mike realizes the limitations of haunted house based on a movie that basically takes place in a single room and doesn't want to force something he's not 110% confident in.

Edit - Look at Crimson Peak.

It could work if they have rights to the entire franchise. Having read the pilot script, the new Fox television series offers at least five potential environments. It's definitely a lot more challenging than other properties, though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'd love the Exorcist, especially as some here say, a combination of the different movies. Begin with the house from the first movie and the spider crawl (this actually was not in the original if memory serves me right), then move it to the church setting of the prequel, then transition through a desert to the hospital.

Dr. Jimmy's hiatus didn't even last a year. Hinted at 9 houses this year, as he is want to do--in song. With some revealing captions. "Dockimo" on YouTube or quick and dirty below (seriously, most of the game is already over before March if you read below):

#1 American Horror Story

#2 Probably Ash v. Evil Dead (not 100% convinced on this one, but it's a Ted Nugent song over the credits)

#3 Cthulu/Lovecraft

#4 The Purge: Election Year

#5 Hitchcock movies (also going to LA based on Murdy tweets)

#6 Krampus

#7 Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre (also not 100% on that, but clearly Texas related)

#8 Insidious repeat seems too obvious, but can't imagine what else it would be

#9 Could be any repeat--but given Penn & Teller taking photos at MCO, wonder if it's them. Not sure what he means by "get the spirit out" tho--sounds like an Exorcist joke. Can't tie song into that tho.

Dr. Jimmy's hiatus didn't even last a year. Hinted at 9 houses this year, as he is want to do--in song. With some revealing captions. "Dockimo" on YouTube or quick and dirty below (seriously, most of the game is already over before March if you read below):

#1 American Horror Story

#2 Probably Ash v. Evil Dead (not 100% convinced on this one, but it's a Ted Nugent song over the credits)

#3 Cthulu/Lovecraft

#4 The Purge: Election Year

#5 Hitchcock movies (also going to LA based on Murdy tweets)

#6 Krampus

#7 Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre (also not 100% on that, but clearly Texas related)

#8 Insidious repeat seems too obvious, but can't imagine what else it would be

#9 Could be any repeat--but given Penn & Teller taking photos at MCO, wonder if it's them. Not sure what he means by "get the spirit out" tho--sounds like an Exorcist joke. Can't tie song into that tho.

8 could be Walking Dead. A version of Tiptoe was used in S6's Mid-Season Finale.

WELCOME TO HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS (insert number here)
Featuring 8 NEW Terrifying Haunted Houses
Another Shitty Walking Dead House
5 Intense SCAREZONES
&
2 Incredible Shows
Alright that pretty much sums up HHN for the next couple of years. I mean like it or not I think we can pretty much think of HHN like this going forward if the TWD returns again. Which unfortunately it probably will...

To me walking dead returning is the only thing holding HHN back from moving forward from the dark ages. If 25 didn't have walking dead it would be a better event as with most of the years before it. I just want it to be done, as I said in the TWD thread, I have no reason to believe these houses will be better the more they come out. As for jimmy I don't believe in most of those houses, however my strong prediction for this year is krampus witch would be a fantastic house. Pretty much the only one I'm confident in

To me walking dead returning is the only thing holding HHN back from moving forward from the dark ages. If 25 didn't have walking dead it would be a better event as with most of the years before it. I just want it to be done, as I said in the TWD thread, I have no reason to believe these houses will be better the more they come out. As for jimmy I don't believe in most of those houses, however my strong prediction for this year is krampus witch would be a fantastic house. Pretty much the only one I'm confident in

Define "dark ages"

I have to think that TWD is back; with the probability of Conjuring popping into the fray due to the new film. Besides that; i'm not sure what could entail.

I think no matter what; we're dealing with 5 IPS and 4 Originals much like last year; with B&T and another show (probably pertaining to a Icon if there is one). My question is on Scarezones, House Locations, and the possible necessity of doing a Dual-park event.

I don't see them filling the entire Orlando slate with IPs. There's gonna be at least 3 "original" houses (even if they're sequels, ala Body Collectors).

I would presume Walking Dead returns. If it does, don't expect American Horror Story (or vice versa).

I have to think that TWD is back; with the probability of Conjuring popping into the fray due to the new film. Besides that; i'm not sure what could entail.

I think no matter what; we're dealing with 5 IPS and 4 Originals much like last year; with B&T and another show (probably pertaining to a Icon if there is one). My question is on Scarezones, House Locations, and the possible necessity of doing a Dual-park event.

My unofficial speculation
5 IP's
4 Originals
6 Scarezones
2 Shows

With the loss of Disaster my money is on a new ride queue or a third sprung. My money is on MIB or Terminator for new ride queue. With that in mind though i am leaning towards a new sprung or MIB to keep the crowds better spread out.

I don't see them filling the entire Orlando slate with IPs. There's gonna be at least 3 "original" houses (even if they're sequels, ala Body Collectors).

I would presume Walking Dead returns. If it does, don't expect American Horror Story (or vice versa).

I could see 6 IPs but no more than that

Reactions: Clive
I've got my fingers crossed for Penn and Teller. Their house is what put HHN, and theme parks in general, on my radar in the first place.