Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

If it goes to two parks I would assume that FJ and DC would be open. Both would prolly eat a huge crowd as I remember hulk and DD being busy back in the island days. But do you think they would turn on the dementor effect in FJ for HHN since that was supposedly cut for being too scary? And with 2 parks you could have 5 or 6 SS houses and have the lines go to either park.

kbts2HI.jpg

You wouldn't use all of those houses since u have enough SS space for 9 houess. But you have 2-3 enter from USF, anoother 1 or 2 from IOA and have some enter from the connecting path.

Another thought would be to have the green loop as a guest path to add more guest walking space and have the house entrances along the path. Could also make a nice scarezone under the covered part or in the parking lot areas.
AWvOUZR.jpg

I agree, but Uni is going to keep this USF only for as long as possible.
They still have plenty of place around the park without going SoundStage heavy. 2 (likely to be 3 tents by next year with MIB), parade building, Shrek, and there's also the future second parade building if they ever need more space.

Having 6 houses (5 SS and Shrek) at the front of the park would be too much. Seems like they're going with another tent next year to replace Disaster queue.

In my opinion, the crowding issue has to do with the pricing structure of the event.

I believe the new parade building is absolutely intended as an HHN location... it has been the plan right along.
I do wonder where they would have an entrance to get there because from what we've seen, it's being built in the absolute back corner. That will be an awful long trek from just about anywhere.

I do wonder where they would have an entrance to get there because from what we've seen, it's being built in the absolute back corner. That will be an awful long trek from just about anywhere.

Perhaps, but the plus is: NO SWITCHBACKS!!! I wonder how far people actually trek when all switchbacks are employed on a given house.

What do they normally do with the parade floats that are meant to be stored in the parade building throughout the year? I would think they built the Parade building with just enough room to store what they need.

What do they normally do with the parade floats that are meant to be stored in the parade building throughout the year? I would think they built the Parade building with just enough room to store what they need.
I may be wrong, but I don't think they use all of the current Parade building for houses. I've been in there for work and it is pretty damn deep. They keep the floats for the daytime parade way in the back, so they actually may still be in there, just sectioned off.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they use all of the current Parade building for houses. I've been in there for work and it is pretty damn deep. They keep the floats for the daytime parade way in the back, so they actually may still be in there, just sectioned off.

That is correct. They cram them all together in part of the building so I was told... because I asked.

That is correct. They cram them all together in part of the building so I was told... because I asked.
Yeah, during Macy's it gets packed in there as well. The front half (the part where TWD pretty much is right now) is taken up by the Macy's balloons and the back-half by the Superstar floats, with a large black curtain separating the two.

Yeah, during Macy's it gets packed in there as well. The front half (the part where TWD pretty much is right now) is taken up by the Macy's balloons and the back-half by the Superstar floats, with a large black curtain separating the two.
That's curious. I remember seeing the Macy's balloons being stored under the roof between some of the sound stages in years past (maybe not recently but at one point). Did they start keeping them there when the daily daytime parade started or something?

That's curious. I remember seeing the Macy's balloons being stored under the roof between some of the sound stages in years past (maybe not recently but at one point). Did they start keeping them there when the daily daytime parade started or something?
I worked the 2012 Macy's at Universal, so things may well have changed, but it's definitely how it used to be. It's a cool experience working that. People from Macy's New York come down to help with the parade, so I learned a lot simply by striking up a conversation with them.

I worked the 2012 Macy's at Universal, so things may well have changed, but it's definitely how it used to be. It's a cool experience working that. People from Macy's New York come down to help with the parade, so I learned a lot simply by striking up a conversation with them.

Isn't... that... curious... :look:

Either a pricing change (major increase), new pricing tiers with Sunday taken out of the ticket (FFP, FFP+Friday, FFP+Sunday, FFP+Friday+Sunday), or something else.

At this point, crowds and desire for at least some simplicity in pricing would probably justify just swapping out Friday/Sunday in the current scheme. FFP every M-F (+first Saturday), plus gives you all the Sundays. I don't think this would have a noticeable effect on Friday crowds, would likely take a chunk out of Sundays.

At this point, crowds and desire for at least some simplicity in pricing would probably justify just swapping out Friday/Sunday in the current scheme. FFP every M-F (+first Saturday), plus gives you all the Sundays. I don't think this would have a noticeable effect on Friday crowds, would likely take a chunk out of Sundays.
Honestly I don't expect any changes other than the usual $10-$15 price bump since there were no issues at all with capacity this year. This swapping Friday with Sunday though does make a lot of sense if they were to make any changes. I think the saying goes if it isn't broke don't fix it and I think that applies here however.