Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I would love 6 mazes insanely close to each other so I could hit them one after the other, It would pretty much destroy the concept of scare zones lol. I am all for hellraiser becoming a maze, briman is totally right. First two are legitametely great horror films, pinhead is a horror icon and it would make for a genuinely scary house. The cinobites were made for HHN, those designs are genuinely scary and would be so cool in person. Anyways I don't think the two park thing is gonna happen. IOA is too themed to break the immursion for a scare zone. That and Seuss, potter and marvel are basically out of the question. I agree with themeparks4life, they're gonna keep it at USF for as long as they possibly can. Especially since by 2017, pretty much all of these problems will be fixed. I'm confident universal has an answer, they will not let 22 happen again

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
This will make all you locals mad, but they should stop giving Florida discounts for HHN. People who want to attend are willing to pay, and it would compensate for those who wouldn't attend due to the price hike. It's the perfect solution for reducing crowds without sacrificing profits.

While I'm at it, they should also discontinue UCF night.

Reactions: Fatality and Clive
This will make all you locals mad, but they should stop giving Florida discounts for HHN. People who want to attend are willing to pay, and it would compensate for those who wouldn't attend due to the price hike. It's the perfect solution for reducing crowds without sacrificing profits.

While I'm at it, they should also discontinue UCF night.
Really there are multiple ways to get discounted tickets, I think the discounts really only exist to make people think they are getting a good deal to motivate them to purchase tickets. They always advertise the General Admission ticket price so they can put something around $50 off on the advertising. Also they don't need/want a "solution" to reducing crowds. A crowded event is a successful event.

By the way this wouldn't make me mad as a local, I use the AP discount as it's a better deal and it's available to everyone anywhere.

Really there are multiple ways to get discounted tickets, I think the discounts really only exist to make people think they are getting a good deal to motivate them to purchase tickets. They always advertise the General Admission ticket price so they can put something around $50 off on the advertising. Also they don't need/want a "solution" to reducing crowds. A crowded event is a successful event.

By the way this wouldn't make me mad as a local, I use the AP discount as it's a better deal and it's available to everyone anywhere.

I respectively disagree with the philosophy of a crowded event is a successful event. Profits determine success. Universal can still maintain their profitability with less crowds if they change their pricing. Most would agree a less crowded event would be of higher quality.

I respectively disagree with the philosophy of a crowded event is a successful event. Profits determine success. Universal can still maintain their profitability with less crowds if they change their pricing. Most would agree a less crowded event would be of higher quality.

Basically some are proposing the event be, for lack of better word, gentrified. I don't necessarily disagree.

While I agree a more exclusive event would be more enjoyable, that enjoyment wouldn't outweigh the much higher cost. It's not simply a matter of raising ticket prices to make up for less ticket sales it would also have to include compensation for the lost park spending revenue associated with that change. Additionally with this years event supposedly setting attendance records, they seemed to have balanced it really well. They had zero sell out nights unlike last year and there were many nights were people were able to do all 9 houses and shows without even needing express.

Basically some are proposing the event be, for lack of better word, gentrified. I don't necessarily disagree.
Honestly if you want that more casual less crowded experience RIP tour is the way to go and it's really a great value.

My speculation:

There is no way to do a house in MiB imo based on just where they would put the queue for it and MiB during the day. Let's assume they start construction in July, which is later than they ever start. It's still the middle of summer, and MiB still gets up to 60 min waits on busy days due to crowds/ being right next to Diagon. Add in the fact that the park continues to grow in popularity, Twister and Disaster are lost capacity, and KONG/ nuHulk will be pulling people in, and you're gonna see a problem with not having most of the queue for MiB. Then for HHN, where could they possibly put a queue/entrance? I mean there's very limited backstage area by it for a queue, but I just don't see it happening.

However, if there's no conceivable way to control 9 houses plus their queues with all the construction going on, then 2 parks is actually a necessity this time around. 3 SSs, both tents, and parade building for houses on USF side. Then 3 SSs on the IoA side, and Poseidon as a possible 10th house. Have ONLY Hogsmeade, LC and Seuss (for SS entrances) open. Leave the rest of the park open for daytime guests till 7. After 7, possibly open JP and Kong for HHN guests. B&T in FFL, new show in Sinbad, Horror Makeup Show open, and possibly a show in Animal Actors, if it's still there. They just won't do the entirety of both parks, as that's an absurd amount of walking/ security/ TMs/etc. etc. But having mostly USF plus half of IoA with Hogwarts Express open could work.

For the houses, I'm guessing 4 IP/5 original (5 IP if it is 10 houses). The Purge and The Conjuring have the highest chances amongst new IPs. Other than that I have no real speculation. I think we'll see either a Nightingales, Urban Legends, or Catacombs sequel. My money's on the first 2.

5 zones plus chainsaws spread out over the park worked extraordinarily well imo; just don't have all 3 non-zone hordes use saws.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
My speculation:

There is no way to do a house in MiB imo based on just where they would put the queue for it and MiB during the day. Let's assume they start construction in July, which is later than they ever start. It's still the middle of summer, and MiB still gets up to 60 min waits on busy days due to crowds/ being right next to Diagon. Add in the fact that the park continues to grow in popularity, Twister and Disaster are lost capacity, and KONG/ nuHulk will be pulling people in, and you're gonna see a problem with not having most of the queue for MiB. Then for HHN, where could they possibly put a queue/entrance? I mean there's very limited backstage area by it for a queue, but I just don't see it happening.
You are mistaken. The house wouldn't be the queue itself, but they would build an extra sprung tent and use MIB switchbacks for part of the house queue. That in no way would affect daily operation of the MIB ride.

You are mistaken. The house wouldn't be the queue itself, but they would build an extra sprung tent and use MIB switchbacks for part of the house queue. That in no way would affect daily operation of the MIB ride.
I don't see where there's any room for a Sprung tent back there.

I also don't think MIB is a good area, that area is already fairly crowded with two Sprung tents exiting there and B&T shows. Also I was looking at the MIB queue while waiting for B&T and it's really close. I would thing sound coming from the theater would be an issue. I don't know if that was ever an issue for the Jaws queue houses but this seems closer to me.

I don't see where there's any room for a Sprung tent back there.

I also don't think MIB is a good area, that area is already fairly crowded with two Sprung tents exiting there and B&T shows. Also I was looking at the MIB queue while waiting for B&T and it's really close. I would thing sound coming from the theater would be an issue. I don't know if that was ever an issue for the Jaws queue houses but this seems closer to me.
If the event is going to keep going as is, things are going to have to noticeably change next year given all of the construction. There's no way around it.

I don't think calling it a Sprung Tent is the best use of words. basically they'd do what they do at a lot of HHN Hollywood houses and just build a tent over the extended queue and build the house in it
That makes sense, but @Next Big Thing said the queue wouldn't be used for the house and the tent would be additional to the queue. I just don't see the space for that.

Ah, I missed that. Yea, I don't think that would be the case
The queue for the house is a good point though. If the MIB extended queue is the house then where does the queue for the house go? There doesn't seem to be much space back there.

If I had to guess, you'd enter the queue inbetween Diagon and Bill and Ted, and it would run on the backstage road behind FFL and back to MIB
Yeah I guess that would work, that would also be a better location for the entrance it's a lot less crowded there.