Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just realized that there is no repeat house this year. I thought that was something we were going to see every year now with the bump up to nine houses.
TWD somewhat counts as it's a "best of" with one or two scenes from Season 6.

The Walking Dead is in it's final year
I'll believe it when I see it.

I thought Halloween was the repeat this year.

And, yeah this hasn't exactly been confirmed as the last year for TWD. Everyone said the same thing last year and it's back.

Reactions: Joel
Supposed to be Halloween 2 not Halloween but I would count it as a repeat of the same franchise.
Well for HHN from a construction point of view there really is no such thing as a repeat. Halloween 2 allows them to use the same franchise and reuse props costumes etc. I thought most people were viewing this as a "sort of" repeat.

Reactions: Joel
I thought Halloween was the repeat this year.

And, yeah this hasn't exactly been confirmed as the last year for TWD. Everyone said the same thing last year and it's back.

From what I understand they signed a 5 year contract with TWD and this year would be the last year of the contract. I think it was more wishful thinking that it wouldn't be here this year.

Supposed to be Halloween 2 not Halloween but I would count it as a repeat of the same franchise.

Forgot about Halloween.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Well for HHN from a construction point of view there really is no such thing as a repeat. Halloween 2 allows them to use the same franchise and reuse props costumes etc. I thought most people were viewing this as a "sort of" repeat.

If they put up that same facade then it is a repeat in my book. This would make three years in a row. Not a dis but just sayin'

Remember I am old and blind so maybe I just thought I saw what I saw and can blame it on old timers disease?

Last edited:
Insidious last year didn't use the same Facade from Halloween in 24? Sure looked the same to me

And maybe I had a few blinky cups before I got there? Sure I can plead drunkenness, can't I?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brownie54 and Joel
Completely different. They were both a house so a year apart without looking at the details they could feel similar.

Looked like they took the pumpkin off the porch and the shadow play out of the windows. Seemed to be the same. Many in line made the same comment

Edit: You are right a queen anne and a two story suburban. Both had porches though ;)

Edit to add - now I will stop posting stupid stuff - yeah, sure I will...........

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Darksider
Looked like they took the pumpkin off the porch and the shadow play out of the windows. Seemed to be the same. Many in line made the same comment

Edit: You are right a queen anne and a two story suburban. Both had porches though ;)

Edit to add - now I will stop posting stupid stuff - yeah, sure I will...........
I heard the same comment many times. In fact I think that one really bad review that complained about pretty much everything at HHN last year claimed the whole house was identical inside and out.

When I said repeat, I meant a straight copy like American Werewolf in London was last year. Halloween 2 isn't a copy, it's based on the second movie, set in a hospital, etc. I suppose Walking Dead could be said to be something of a repeat, if they are copying scenes from previous houses, but then the same could have been said about Jack's house last year. My assumption had been that for the foreseeable future they would probably have an "encore" house each year like AWIL, being an easy way to offer a ninth house, most of the design work would be done, there would just be the extra cost in construction and operating the location.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
When I said repeat, I meant a straight copy like American Werewolf in London was last year. Halloween 2 isn't a copy, it's based on the second movie, set in a hospital, etc. I suppose Walking Dead could be said to be something of a repeat, if they are copying scenes from previous houses, but then the same could have been said about Jack's house last year. My assumption had been that for the foreseeable future they would probably have an "encore" house each year like AWIL, being an easy way to offer a ninth house, most of the design work would be done, there would just be the extra cost in construction and operating the location.

I imagine a lot of folks assumed that they would just do a repeat to keep the house count up since the success of the event seems to support the need for the number of houses and maybe that was a plan.

To me UNI really seems to do a lot of surveys for HHN and it feels like they take feedback seriously. I know a lot of us around here (myself included) felt that the repeat of AWiL did not capture the feel of the 1st run and I assume the cast just did not click the way they did that 1st year...so maybe feedback told them it didn't work so they adjusted this year?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I imagine a lot of folks assumed that they would just do a repeat to keep the house count up since the success of the event seems to support the need for the number of houses and maybe that was a plan.

To me UNI really seems to do a lot of surveys for HHN and it feels like they take feedback seriously. I know a lot of us around here (myself included) felt that the repeat of AWiL did not capture the feel of the 1st run and I assume the cast just did not click the way they did that 1st year...so maybe feedback told them it didn't work so they adjusted this year?
Maybe. I don't think I ever even ended up doing it last year, even though it was a great house, I just never felt compelled to since it was kind of been there, done that for me.

Bit late to the "how many times have you been" question, but this time will be my 3rd time (I went in 2009, 2013 and this year) - I narrowly missed HHN in 2007, 2011 and 2014! - gutted.

Reactions: snayberry